+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MSBT Incoming Damage and Heals

MSBT Incoming Damage and Heals

I was wondering if it's possible to configure MSBT to show both my incoming damage and incoming heals (useful for a tank) but in separate scroll areas. Does anyone know how to do this? Or should I be posted this question somewhere else?

Thanks.

You would probably want to post it on the UI forum.

IMO, scrolling combat text it just way more information than you need. An addon like IceHUD will put your health bars right in the middle of your screen (thats what our MT uses) and if your health bar dips and isn't going back up, pop a cooldown. Personally, I don't see the point of having ridiculous amounts of text scrolling past, but I'm a healer so I'm usually busy staring at health bars and keeping track of every debuff and stupid mechanic.

Also, if you get like Grid or Healbot it will show incoming heals (that haven't been fully cast yet) which is very useful, and you could always set it to only show healers and tanks (so you can keep track of debuffs requiring your healers to run around, etc)

I believe you would have to setup a separate scroll area, then configure it for what you want in it. Then you would also have to change the existing window to either incoming heals, or incoming damage.

The easier way to do this? IceHud. Healthbar which shows heals inc and your current health.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by aztekxero View Post
    I was wondering if it's possible to configure MSBT to show both my incoming damage and incoming heals (useful for a tank) but in separate scroll areas. Does anyone know how to do this? Or should I be posted this question somewhere else?

Thanks.
    Don't know if you can get separate scroll areas for these, I think it's just incoming, outgoing on separate sides; I have it play a sound for me (the slicing sound) everytime I get a heal, when the sound stops for a period of time I know I'm going to have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    I believe you would have to setup a separate scroll area, then configure it for what you want in it. Then you would also have to change the existing window to either incoming heals, or incoming damage.

The easier way to do this? IceHud. Healthbar which shows heals inc and your current health.
    The IceHUD notes have vague mentions of LibCommHeal support. How do you get them to work together to see incoming heals? Is it even possible to install libcommheals without running a healing addon like healbot which runs it automatically?

I am running pitbull and grid (for raidframes) which may have something to do with this, I'm not sure. All I know is that incoming heals appear as a "faded" section of health on my bar in Icehud. Helps me judge when I need to bearn health pots/heals/mitigations based on incoming damage.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    I am running pitbull and grid (for raidframes) which may have something to do with this, I'm not sure. All I know is that incoming heals appear as a "faded" section of health on my bar in Icehud. Helps me judge when I need to bearn health pots/heals/mitigations based on incoming damage.
    Turns out you can DL it separately. Showed my MT and he loves it! Now he can panic a little less when his health dips wildly right before I drop a huge heal on him, and know better when to use cooldowns

+ Reply to Thread