+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newb question about pots/elixirs

Newb question about pots/elixirs

Hey All,

I have total newb question. I am going to be doing ICC 10 for the first time tonight and i am wondering what type of potions/elixirs and food i should bring in. I am an Arms warrior who is hit and expertise capped. Here is a link to my Armorey if any would not mind having a look and telling me if i am even ready to go to ICC 10.

Thanks in advance.

Well. http://www.wowhead.com/item=46377 is always a good choice.

And if you don't have a http://www.wowhead.com/item=43015 available in raids I'm thinking crit or haste food.
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

I'd probably go crit food and haste pots... as well as the standard endless rage flask. Granted, ArP may be good too if you need it to hit the cap or not.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

You can also use an indestructible potion shortly before the pull to give you another AP bonus. in fact, as it has a 2 minute duration and ooc potions have a 60 sec CD, you can use an armor pot 61 secs before the pull, then at the pull use a speed potion, then later during bloodlust use another speed potion This is particularly easy to manage at bosses with a scripted introduction like saurfang (1 min 37 for horde) and the lich king (think it's about 1 min 15)

Quote Originally Posted by Strit View Post
    And if you don't have a http://www.wowhead.com/item=43015 available in raids I'm thinking crit or haste food.
    First time ICC?
    Bring the fish feasts yourself - just buy a stack and pop one down every now and then, people'll love you for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Flasks are the way to go in raids, don't bother with elixirs.

Pots are good to have when you need to pour on the DPS, pop one before the pull and then one during the fight. Its known as "pre potting", since you get potion sickness you can only use one potion during a boss encounter.

For food either eat the fish feasts that are down (bring your own to share) or use a specialty food that grants something extra you need more of or want more of.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Oh, and bring some armor potions, they work perfectly to counter soft enrages and the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    Oh, and bring some armor potions, they work perfectly to counter soft enrages and the like.
    This, with Flask of Endless Rage and Hearty Rhino for ArP. Also bring a fish feast too, just don't eat from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    First time ICC?
    Bring the fish feasts yourself - just buy a stack and pop one down every now and then, people'll love you for it.
    Free loader; picking on the rookie.

Thanks for all the help folks

+ Reply to Thread