+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Weekly Marmot -- The Ruby Sanctum

The Weekly Marmot -- The Ruby Sanctum

Great Video once again,

Ruby Sanctum : I've not yet had the ability to access this threw the PTR ( must be mistaken, but I thought it was released.. Still need to read up on teh PTR forums )

Remote Auction House: I think this has the ability to help the UNORGANIZED raider., E.G, You forget a flask, You run out of ammo, you are in desperate need of food or potions. This should allow anyone to access the auction house, purchase what they need (and hopefully if someone has a portable mailbox) be able to get what they need while in the middle of ICC or whichever raid they are in.

It will be very interesting to see what the future holds for offline action with WOW, It would be a great addon to be able to chat while not being logged into your character.

Edit: Just had the oppourtunity to run RS via the PTR. Very interesting fight lineup and was surprised to see how the left side miniboss split.. Overall impressed and should be fun for badges.

Thanks again
    Xtreme
    Last edited by xtremehacker; 05-20-2010 at 05:31 PM.

Who would only want their mustache to grow on one side? :P

Is it only me that is bothered by the horrendous laziness of the ruby sanctum??? I like your movies as always but I was expecting some beat downs on this piece of....yeah

On the note of the AH thing, it worries me that had the armory been introduced now, would they have charged for it? A dangerous precedant has definately been set and Ive lost a fair bit of respect with many recent blizzard decisions.

I'm curious if this will open the door for bots/macros for searching/buying/listing. (open the door wider I suppose is the correct phrasing since it already happens)

According to the Stormrage book, the black flight felt that the red flight were weak when Alexstrasza was captured by the Horde during the First War. And I think I read somewhere (maybe the many books scattered in Azeroth) that Deathwing had been her biggest supporter and her being soft-hearted, locked him away deep inside the world when he turned. So lots of hate.

Charge of the Dragonflights
    The War of the Ancients (page 13 has Neltharion turning and changing his name to Deathwing)

Ruby Sanctum will be a nice break from ICC, but I'm itching more for Cataclysm.
    "They say that the best blaze brightest when circumstances are at their worse."

Quote Originally Posted by Wapner View Post
    Who would only want their mustache to grow on one side? :P
    Would you want a moustache on the back of your head?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

10 n = 258

10 h = 25 n = 271

25 h = 284

One of the things that you missed about the new Friends list by battle.net is that it will also include cross faction talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaz View Post
    On the note of the AH thing, it worries me that had the armory been introduced now, would they have charged for it? A dangerous precedant has definately been set and Ive lost a fair bit of respect with many recent blizzard decisions.
    Why should it be free? No doubt the new app requires additional server infrastructure and maintenance. It's not like it's doing anything you couldn't do already, and it's certainly not mandatory. Rather than lose respect for them try to realize that this product was probably not created for you, but rather for the people who are more than happy to pay an additional $3 a month to use a service they already pay for on a different platform that is not usually supported.

Also I think RealID will certainly be able to support something like guild text when not online. It'd certainly help me out when I'm running late for a raid.

My concern with Real ID is that you have to give them your login email address so they can friend you. I don't really want to give out my login email address because it feels like that will make it easier for someone to hack your account(s). I'd like it much better if I could generate a URL from my battle.net account that I could give someone to click on to become a Real ID friend (ideally that URL would be a time limited thing so that someone months later couldn't come across that URL and add me as a Real ID friend).

I'm not too thrilled about sharing my real name either, but I hope that they force that to display on the forums or something so that people stop being anonymous f*#@*%ds.

Marmot drinking game: Drink when Lore says uhm. Smashed by 2 minute mark.

=oP

Quote Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
    My concern with Real ID is that you have to give them your login email address so they can friend you. I don't really want to give out my login email address because it feels like that will make it easier for someone to hack your account(s). I'd like it much better if I could generate a URL from my battle.net account that I could give someone to click on to become a Real ID friend (ideally that URL would be a time limited thing so that someone months later couldn't come across that URL and add me as a Real ID friend).

I'm not too thrilled about sharing my real name either, but I hope that they force that to display on the forums or something so that people stop being anonymous f*#@*%ds.
    Well, you don't have to give out your realID name. The only people I'd likely give it out to I already have on my Facebook anyway.

The Weekly Marmot -- The Ruby Sanctum

Realid seems like it is missing a layer of abstraction. It should have an id you can give out unrelated to your login and allow per character / friend privacy control. Some friends I want to know if I am online or available but offline, others I want to know if I am online on certain characters or if my status is flagged appropriately.

For example if I am playing sc2 and missing a raid I don't want my guild to know, but i don't mind my sc2 friends seeing me. Similarly I might be on a peace and quiet alt that I don't want anyone to talk to but is on my account.

Offline integration seems a good idea, especially if we get good use of ingame resources. Imagine if people could play a farmville like game to create ingame resources that were saleable. No effect on in game resource farming but acts as a side game allowing non players, slack time etcto feed into the game. Defend the farm quests suddenly help increase your side game capability.

+ Reply to Thread