+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to broadcast myself

how to broadcast myself

Hello, I think im geared for ICC10 but every time someone asks me for GS / stats they say that I am only geared for ToC10...

I have a 2800 WoW-heros gearscore (cant remeber In-game)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Stonesheild

I have 35.7k health (unbuffed) and 29.3K armor (unbuffed) with 48.4% avodance

You have, on average, gear that is better or equal to what drops in ToC 10. I tanked up to Festergut and Rotface in ICC 10 with average-geared healers and DPS and I'm nowhere near your gear level. People are idiots, plain and simple.

^ Apparently whoever said that expects you to be in all ICC/Frost gear before you start ICC? You're 232/245s with a couple of 251+s, you're more than ICC10 Ready. There is one easy upgrade, you'll want to think about farming Reg ToC5 for Black Heart to replace Fervor

some people are just elitest jerks -.- no pun intended.....but yea...some people ask you to have a 3k (wow-heroes) gearscore. GS<SKILL anyyyyday

my advice is to join a guild that is not full of douches and run with them. You are at same gear i am if not slightly better and you are definitely more the ready to walk through the doorway of ICC. If you have problems or you dont feel comfortable watch the videos the place is easy.

Hell I ran a ToC25 and people were whining because one of my OTs wasn't over 35k health.

The people that say you are only geared for ToC10 are full of CRAP. The Armory is down atm so can't take a look so I can't quite chime in.
    But if you are in 232+ gear for pretty much every piece of gear except for Trinkets you should be geared for ToC25 or ICC10.

I got invited to a ToGC 10 man pug not 3 weeks ago, after having provided Normal achievements and Gear Score - but when the raid leader saw my 38k unbuffed hp, he went 'whoa, whoa, whoa, 38k is waaaay to little to tank ToGC 10, please leave'.

This is a typical issue with pugs. Hell, some people won't even do a heroic without a 30k unbuffed tank as the uttermost minimal. Ajire in particular suffered under this problem while I geared her up; the list of insults I've received for daring to set foot in a heroic with blue gear, is very long indeed.

Frankly, life is too short to waste time with such complete jerks: If I'm the group leader, a kick is incoming, if I'm not, I leave instantly. End of story.

I long for the early days of wrath (I played druid healer/boomkin back then), where a tank with 25k *buffed* health was creme-de-la-creme for a heroic and where a cohesive teamwork and skill from all players was actually needed to get through a heroic alive.
    Last edited by Ajire; 05-19-2010 at 09:11 AM.
    "You pull it, you tank it" -Ajire
    Armory: Ajire@Scarshield Legion.EU

Quote Originally Posted by Ajire View Post
    Frankly, life is too short to waste time with such complete jerks: If I'm the group leader, a kick is incoming, if I'm not, I leave instantly. End of story.

I long for the early days of wrath (I played druid healer/boomkin back then), where a tank with 25k *buffed* health was creme-de-la-creme for a heroic and where a cohesive teamwork and skill from all players was actually needed to get through a heroic alive.
    IF you are the tank...you can leave...you can just reque quicktimes let those stupid dps reque for 30 mins lol! healers dont get insta que like we do so....mehh

Quote Originally Posted by kintler1 View Post
    IF you are the tank...you can leave...you can just reque quicktimes let those stupid dps reque for 30 mins lol! healers dont get insta que like we do so....mehh
    Precisely! Of course, the problem never arises now, as I spot a healthy 45k heroic-buffed (~51k full raid buffed).
    "You pull it, you tank it" -Ajire
    Armory: Ajire@Scarshield Legion.EU

how to broadcast myself

Gs has screwed end game in a big way. My hunter went in to icc at 4500 gs an destoryed the charts. My resto shamy went in at 4300 and destroyed the other heals. GS counts for nothing. I would rather a lower geared player who has skill and common sense (which is rare now) over a huge GS anyday. There are to many dumb people playing now. They have forgoten that we got through the original and BC raids without GS better that we do now. Oh and did I mention it was more fun lol

Quote Originally Posted by ygar View Post
    Gs has screwed end game in a big way. My hunter went in to icc at 4500 gs an destoryed the charts. My resto shamy went in at 4300 and destroyed the other heals. GS counts for nothing. I would rather a lower geared player who has skill and common sense (which is rare now) over a huge GS anyday. There are to many dumb people playing now. They have forgoten that we got through the original and BC raids without GS better that we do now. Oh and did I mention it was more fun lol
    EXACTLY!!! omg...blizz has made it WAYYY tooo easy to get gear that even retards think theyre allll that just because they got full t9s....i remember the time where it took you FOREVER to get t9s...it took skill to get gear. You actually needed skills so that you can get to do raids.

I remember when i started tanking on my pally one of the people in my server called me a scrub because i had 30k hp with blues and some epics....but now that im sitting at 5985 GS for tank spec that same person reveres me.....GS DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING!! you can have a high GS but that doesnt mean that you got skills....it can mean that you got carried by his/her guild. every tank/heal/dps STILL need to get skills, but thats almost impossible that blizz has catered to all the younglings that play wow....its like...."HERE GET FREE GEAR! HERE GET MOAR! YOU DONT NEED SKILLS....JUST GET GEAR AND YOU ARE GOOD!"

Anyone that uses GS alone is hurting their raid. GS is a factor in production (GS + Player ability) - with higher gear scores (as long as not inflating GS with a mix of spec/pvp gear) an indication of a higher ceiling for that player. It isn't that a 4500 GS player can produce as much as a 5500 GS player of the same ability, they can't. It's the player ability (or lack thereof) that can make a 4500 produce as much as a 5500.

GS sets the ceiling, player ability dictates how close to that ceiling any individual player can reach.

Let's not hate on GS, let's hate on lazy players who rely solely on GS as a means of measuring a player's ability to contribute to the raid.

That's why when GS is requested as I'm trying to pug, I also send in a relevent metric (like DPS on Deathbringer if I'm joining as Fury) and an achievement. Make it clear to them that you know what you're doing and their attempt to dumb things down to a GS only metric (even if above the minimum) doesn't tell the whole story.

yea i know that GS means something still....but i dont care if they got a niicee GS they need to have that skill level to match it up...but like i said earlier its hard to judge skills because its possible that you got carried fully...i mean we were able to carry this new priest with 4300gs all the way to sindy...and that person was horrible..the only reason we carried her was she was our raid leaders GF -.- ...so what im saying is that its possible to not have skills and still get GS

No argument on that. Oversimplifying GS has turned it into a golden calf. But GS isn't the problem, it's the overwhelming number of players that equate GS to production. It's a user problem, not a problem with the tool.

yea i got no problem with the GS addon. I have it and i use it ...BUT with caution...i always ask them for their furthest achievement...just like every1 else

Quote Originally Posted by massacrejons View Post
    my advice is to join a guild that is not full of douches and run with them. You are at same gear i am if not slightly better and you are definitely more the ready to walk through the doorway of ICC. If you have problems or you dont feel comfortable watch the videos the place is easy.
    I am already in a great guild full of people I like, the problem is that welll... all 3 of our ICC10mans are full on reliable tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stonesheild View Post
    I am already in a great guild full of people I like, the problem is that welll... all 3 of our ICC10mans are full on reliable tanks
    Then you should seek new playing grounds or convince them into bringing you for a week to show your worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasha View Post
    Then you should seek new playing grounds or convince them into bringing you for a week to show your worth.
    Something else to do, to get gear, though a lot slower is go as DPS in the raids if there is a spot for you as DPS. Can watch and learn the fights from a DPS perpective, which sometimes helps alot of learning how to tank a fight, and any gear the Tanks have already, you should be able to have a chance to get.
    I have a friend whose offspec is tank and he is almost as well geared as my main spec tank gear, just because of getting stuff the tanks don't need. And he is even getting ICC25 tank gear.

+ Reply to Thread