+ Reply to Thread

Thread: more life

more life

I need more hp people say i cant do togc and i dont think i have enough life for 25 icc. what can i do to pump out more life and what is the reqs in hp armor and anything else i need to know for icc 25 and togc 10/25.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Massacrejons
    I am doin 10 man icc and it is easy to tank how much more difficult can these other raids be.

Seeing a few issues...
    Change your gem in your helm, gloves, belt - Do not gem for Int, pure Def (unless way below cap), or Str. Str is a tank stat only if you have a BLOCK set of armor. Int does nothing for your tanking (would mean you want to be an OT for AN in ToC Raids), a pure Defense gem does nothing for you with your current defense, other than a loss of Stamina.
    Change your weapon enchant - Get Mongoose or Blade Warding.

Get the Glyph from Triumph Emblems or farm the Essence of Gossamer to replace your Alchemy trinket.

ok will make the changes as soon as I can but what are the hp and armor reqs for togc 10/25 and icc 25 so i know when i am ready to just in so i am not wasteing the weekly saves? also if i am not supposed to go for str cause i do not have a block set what hybrid gem do i get to meet the meta socket req. that is why I have the int

To add to everything Selene said, use your badges to get the Corroded Skeleton key/Glyph of Indom combo, that's a pretty hefty EHP boost. Your armor seems fine to tank 25ICC and is probably more justified due to the buff.

is the corroded seleton key what i should go for next with the badges? cause I have been in debate about that and the belt seeing as belt seem pretty weak as well.

To build on Selene's points

Do not gem anything but +30 sta unless you're hitting a +9/+12 sta bonus PER hybrid or need to activate your meta

Chest enchant should be +275 HP

Shoulders should be +30 Sta / + 15 Resiliance, yes, it's PvP, but it's also more HPs and others have shown the math behind it being better for PvE.

Wep - Mongoose seems to be the preferred Pally enchantment

Is Holy your main spec, is that why you have only 1 tanking frost item?

Alchemy's Mixology makes stonebloods ~ equivalent to JC/BS/Mining as a tank profession, but Herbalism isn't helping you. You may not want to switch for other reasons, but Mining/JC/BS would be a better second profession considering tanking (+60ish sta).

Using the stand rule of thumb of 1 sta = 11 armor, Glyph of Idomability is ~2.2x as good as your alchemist stone (75 sta X 11 = 825 armor, glyph is ~1800 armor) - your Sta will go down, but your survability will increase.

Unfortunately, looking at pure HP, better gear is your only big improvement. There are changes you can make to make your surviveability better, but if you're getting hung by your HP pool, the better gear with more gem slots is going to play a big part in it.

You should be adequate for ICC25 first wing as a tank despite what people might be looking at for HPs.

Quote Originally Posted by massacrejons View Post
    is the corroded seleton key what i should go for next with the badges? cause I have been in debate about that and the belt seeing as belt seem pretty weak as well.
    I'd suggest Belt, Skeleton Key, Kraken Gauntlets given your current gear. They're all going to be as good as available to you for a long while (H25)

Am I the only one who read the title of this thread and instantly had Roy Batty quotes going through their head?
    "What we need is a special blend of Psychology and extreme violence"

Adding to what others have said u could also take 2 points out of conviction and put them in pursuit of justice then put 22 stamina on boots. its a 7 stamina increase before talents, quite trivial

prot is my main spec i have come back after not playing for a while and i saved the frost and got the chest as it was biggest upgrade at the time. I am only on my fourth week of going into icc so will be getting some upgrades. I would change my professions but i make money off of the herb and the heal comes in handy if something happens to a healer for a brief period of time and i make myself the 1300 hp flasks regularly so the profession sta boost is not a concern of mine but thanks for the tip i did not know u got sta increase from professions. i was not changeing my alch trinket not cause of the sta or dodge persay but for the health potion that came in handy when a healer got silenced or bone spiked gave me a little more lee way time for the healers to get back on there feet. the glyph may have more life but the on use dodge seem pointless for icc as for the debuff so if i change it it will be for key and the essence of gossemer if drops for me. thanks you for the gem analysis but my bigger question is that from an earlier post in the thread someone said to not socket str as i do not have a block set but i was wondering what hybrid gem i should use for sta and still be most effective agi/sta? and I am glad to know i can do icc25 first wing i will give it an attempt this week but at the same time what are hp/armor reqs for togc 10/25 and same with icc heroic now that i know i can do icc25 first wing. also i went to go get the sta pvp chant but did not find it where is it located so i can also go and change that.

#1, paragraph break and punctuation. Makes it easier to read and therefore respond.

If you make money off of pulling weeds, thats fine, channel it into Pillars of Might and Boots of Kingly Upheval (or whatever they're called).

For the slight bonus to a health potion? That's why you'd keep the Stone over Glyph? For something you can use once in a fight instead of something that helps against every physical attack? The Glyph is much better. It will keep you alive more than a little bonus healing.
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...g-mechanics%29
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/6...ing-guide.html

1 healer being bonespiked shouldn't down you, you have CDs to help with that which are far more effective - plus, ICC requires more than mindless boss hacking - your DPS needs to figure out to switch to the bone spikes. Gearing for maximum EH is almost always the best option in ICC in terms of well you will survive the encounters.

For a pally, Agi/Sta is probably the best. Dodge/Sta would be the other one for reds.

ICC Debuff and Dodge - this is a common misconception that dodge isn't useful in ICC. It is. As long as you enter ICC with >20% dodge, it's useful. You lose 20 dodge percentage points (avoidance points). Dodge is still the best avoidance stat unless you have oodles. That being said - the on-use dodge is secondary. It's the ~1800 armor that makes Glyph very, very useful, as it makes every point of stamina more useful - Ready Agg's guides above for the reasons.

Sta shoulder is Stormwind (or Orgimmar for Horde?) I believe. I thought it was Wintergrasp, but apparently that was wrong.

If you know the fights, your healers know the fights, and DPS is even marginally aware you should be okay in ICC25 and ran ICC25 last night with a 2nd OT about where you're at. I think I was in roughly the same gear when I first OT'd 25. It won't always be easy, but you should be adequate as an OT for the first wing. Glyph will be very useful in the non LDW fights. Alchemist stone, for it's Sta would be better for that fight.

Just as an example of why Glyph of Indom is so good. I (pally) work for bonus armor. My co-tank is a bear who feels he gets enough from agil, but really doesn't have as many bonus armor gear options as me. We have an off-spec DK tank who doesn't go for bonus armor at all. Marrowgar 25 man. From saberlashes, I was taking 16k, bear took 18-20k, dk took 24k. That was on each and every one. At that time, I didn't have many of the bonus armor pieces, just the Black Heart, Glyph of Indom and the Verdigris belt. Armor is huge on physical damage.

Obviously, I don't want to imply the trinkets and the belt were the only differences in my gear vs the dk. Just pointing out what was the most obvious differences in damage intake.

+ Reply to Thread