+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should i gem for Hit Rating

Should i gem for Hit Rating

I just got the Ymijar Lords Legguards in VoA10 & they are better than my old Hellscreams Legs, But i lose 45 Hit Rating when i use them, My Hit Rating now is 206, I know the hit cap is 264, Should i gem now to raise my Hit Rating or just wait till i get gear with Hit Rating on it & gem with Stamina or a Hybrid gem

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ndris&cn=Gygax

206 hit rating ought to be enough for any tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

So just put 2 +30 Staminas in there

Don't put hit/threat gems on your primary tanking gear, instead use alternative pieces of gear when you can sacrifice some mitigation for threat.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Ok then i wont bother with any Hit Rating Gems, But as far as the yellow socket goes, Should i just put another Solid Majestic Zircon or a Hybrid gem like an Enduring Eye of Zul

No. 206 is fine. People go with less than 180.

Excluding the HELM meta gem that needs one red, you should do one red and the rest STAM

Quote Originally Posted by Gygax View Post
    Ok then i wont bother with any Hit Rating Gems, But as far as the yellow socket goes, Should i just put another Solid Majestic Zircon or a Hybrid gem like an Enduring Eye of Zul
    All stam. The only exception is one red gem for a high stam bonus so you can meet your meta requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Hit and expertise are threat stats. If you really look at your threat and dps with a fine comb, you will find that they do very little for your threat, however. If you had 0 hit and 0 expertise, you would probably tank just fine. That is not going to happen, however, as it is on the gear already, even if it is not enough to cap. The most important part of hit for a tank is the taunts. Taunts work off of spell hit which is 17%. However, spell hit gets more per point of hit rating than melee hit. As long as you are over ~130 or so hit, you should not see taunts miss very often. If it is really important for taunts not to miss, glyph for it.

+ Reply to Thread