+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions about dropping T10 bonus

Questions about dropping T10 bonus

So last night in 25 ICC the shoulders dropped from gunship http://www.wowhead.com/item=50003 and I got them. Now the question i have is with equipping them. If i do I'll loose the T10 set bonus. My initial thought is that it's worth it but I'm not great with all the number crunching so i'm turning to you for advice. What do you think?

Also, what about the libram of eternal tower? I was switching it with libram of defiance for longer fights for the little extra boost in dodge. Anyone else do this? I've seen conflicting reports on the forums.

Your help and advice is appriciated, if you see anything else with my character feel I should change feel free to let me know!!

Thanks!!!!!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...era&cn=Pmerkin

It's not really a matter of number crunching; the Gunship shoulders are itemised very similarly to your 251 tier shoulders but are item level 264, and the two piece T10 bonus is just a straight threat increase. You'll get marginally better survivability from wearing the Gunship shoulders and breaking the two piece, and you'll have higher threat from keeping the set bonus intact. If you feel you need the threat (or DPS), keep your set bonus. If you feel you need the survivability gains, use the off-set piece.

The Libram of the Eternal Tower is such a marginal upgrade over Defiance that it should really be the last of your Frost badge purchases, even after off-set pieces if you're trying to maintain a second set of gear. Unless you're regularly fighting the dreaded GearScore boss

As for other changes: swap that Agi/Hit gem for Agi/Stam. You should never have to gem for threat, and even if you did, you're at 8.8% hit with a Draenei in your group anyway. +10 stats to chest is a threat enchant; +275 health is the superior survivability option. Armsman on gloves, similarly, is a threat enchant and you'll see more survivability gains from a stamina or agility enchant there. +20 def on shield can be replaced with +18 stamina, and you can replace the Sons of Hodir shoulder enchant for the PvP one for further EH gains.

Spec: 3/5 Divinity instead of DG/DS is a bit questionable from a survivability perspective. With a /cancelaura macro you can use Divine Guardian as a personal 20% damage reduction cooldown, which far outshines the marginal benefits of 3 points in Divinity (and that's not even considering the added raid utility of DS/DG). No Pursuit of Justice and no Tuskarr's Vitality on feet - I'd pick one of the two, as increased run speed is invaluable in add pick-up or kiting situations. Seal of Command is useful for trash and LDW, Gunship, VDW and trash - it's not required but is quite handy situationally. You could drop 3 points in Conviction to pick up SoC and PoJ. Glyph of Hammer of the Righteous is doing nothing for you in nearly everywhere in ICC (trash excluded, but I wouldn't spend a major glyph slot on optimising for trash). Glyph of Judgement or Avenger's Shield are single-target TPS increases compared to the HotR glyph, and Glyph of Righteous Defense is useful insurance in any fight involving a tank swap. The glyphs are pretty situational, though.
    Last edited by Lumines; 05-20-2010 at 08:06 AM. Reason: clarification on HotR glyph

Awesome!! thank you for the reply!

+ Reply to Thread