+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hit cap and expertise cap

hit cap and expertise cap

What are the hit cap and expertise cap for a warrior tank? Are these important to get to or should I stack for stamina? Blades Edge server if you could look me over.

This question comes up almost every day and you really should search before you ask.

Having said that, hit and expertise are the same as for any other melee, 263 and 23 respectively.

Don't worry about them unless you have threat issues with similarly geared groups. When the dps overgear you, these are not going to make the difference. When you are in similarly geared groups, if you have threat problems, look first to your spec and rotation. These are threat stats, but they have less impact than you would think. They are nice to have, however, they are low priority. Survival is your first job and EH is the key to survival.

It's actually 26 rating for expertise.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

My apologies and thanks for the correction.

No worries, the amount you need varies based on some specs: ie. you need less expertise for Arms due to talents. ...It's sometimes hard to keep track of what is what. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    No worries, the amount you need varies based on some specs: ie. you need less expertise for Arms due to talents. ...It's sometimes hard to keep track of what is what. lol
    Or a green smelly stocky guy/girl with an axe as opposed to the skinnier green smelly guy/girl XD

2 questions:
    A) Are your taunts landing enough regularly enough for you to be satisifed? If Yes, you don't need hit for taunt. If no, you need hit (~160 is what I'm comfortable with for taunts to land).

B) Is your threat adequate, meaning are you maintaining aggro? If yes, you don't really need to worry about hit/expertise. If No - You should start by focusing on improving your rotation and possibly glyphs. Hit/Expertise will help some, but not as much as tightening your rotation.

It's not 26 rating, it's skill. I think you know this and brainfarted, so don't sweat it, lol. As far as capping them, don't sweat it. Gem and enchant EH and glyph taunt if you need it to land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Yeah.... I've always said "rating" meaning the number that shows up on the character screen... but rating is the number on the tooltip which is far more than 26. I just can't keep them straight....

+ Reply to Thread