+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid Bear Threat ?

Druid Bear Threat ?

Not being one, one of my guildmates wanted to know about his druid tank. I don't know the class at all, and wanted to get some input on his armory. He's saying that he sees threat issues on mob's ( single is fine )...

Again, not knowing the class I wanted to ask here.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dhoof&cn=Backa

Druid threat is simple and annoying. Simple, in that there's not a lot you can do. Annoying, in that there's not a lot you can do.

His gear is fine. His spec is a bit weird, especially the glyphs, but that looks like a feral dps/tank hybrid and he's not missing anything, exactly. I'd personally take the points out of imp lotp and mangle and put them into natural shapeshifter/master shapeshifter, as it will help both bear and cat more and let him do more threat.

Almost always, the #1 reason that multitarget threat is bad is that you're not mauling or swiping enough. There is this idea out there that if you throw in a mangle and lacerate here and there that your multitarget threat is going to be better due to higher maul damage, and that's simply not true when you have more than 3 mobs.

Always be mauling. Always be swiping when there are more than two mobs. Rotate your target so everyone gets mauled. It's as simple as that.

ask if he has macro'ed maul into swipe, mangle, and lacerate. for any multi mob tanking this will make his life easyer. but it consumes rage very very fast so u need to be getting hit by a few mobs. plus he is useing cat glyphs so he should change to tanking glyphs. like Glyph of Survival Instincts, and Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration
    and i would swap out one of his minor ones for Glyph of Challenging Roar. switching those glyphs wont raise his tps but its silly not to have them unless hes trying to do a hybrid cat/bear thing

he can look up Skinard on Azgalor if he wants to look a spec. i have no issues with aoe tanking with maul macroed into swipe. i just charge in use Challenging roar and spam swipe.

For the record, I use a hybrid spec without Master Shapeshifter or Improved Mangle, and I haven't had trouble with threat since they fixed bear tanking in...3.1, I think it was?

Make a Maul/Swipe macro, bind to mousewheel, scrub mousewheel for MAXIMUM BEAR ACTION!!!

WTB a more interesting rotation for Cataclysm, or at the very least trash that requires more than one button to tank

+ Reply to Thread