+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What can / cant I tank?

What can / cant I tank?

Hi all, I have been gearing for tanking over the course of about a week and I have been getting a lot of "you should tank this", "you cant tank this" "hay are you heal spec?" from people so I thought id ask other tanks .

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ght&cn=Adzilla This is my current gear setup. Im planning on switching out several items within the next 3 days and after that point my setup will be http://chardev.org/?profile=409440.

A few questions I have about the updated setup are A) is mongoose still my best enchant? I am using it currently for the crit / dodge bonus and I feel its more useful than having blood draining, but I haven't tanked anything inside ICC. B) Is Glyph of Indomitably going to be of more use to me than the black heart? I'm not sure with my current gear if aiming for the armor bonus from it with the on use is more efficient than the straightforward stamina. Last but not least C) is corroded skeleton key going to be the best first frost item for me as I dont really have direct access to Jug's Vitality. I only say I don't have access as I have yet to manage to find and or make it in a successful 25 man TotC run.

Thanks in advance for your help! Its greatly appreciated!

The trinkets need to be changed pronto. The black heart is an AMAZING trinket, prioritize it, along with glyph with your triumph badges. 7000+ armor and 126 stamina? yes please. As for Jug's, with 2 tanking trinkets I don't see why you can't get to it, my server has tonnes of ToC25 pugs throughout the week, and everybody is over geared for Faction Champs nowadays.

I'd agree that the back and belt are better upgrades than skeleton key. For gloves, make sure you run VoA religiously every week for pants and gloves, you have enough gear for it (once you get tank trinkets). Is your survival an issue, or does the raid in general fail?

Mongoose is better for paladins and bears, but it's not the end of the world. The difference won't kill you, nor will getting blade ward or blood draining save you or increase your threat meaningfully.

Hi all! Thanks for the quick replies! I'm a moron and logged out with my protpvp trinkets in place of my regular ones. I have both the black heart and glyph of indomitability already, and do use them while tanking lol.

I dont have a survival issue as much as up until l yesterday my GS was at 4919 when they were asking for 5k plus, so hopefully breaking that mark will solve that problem for me. I have tanked 10 VOA with no problems what so ever, so getting into the habit for running both versions of that every week will be easy.

So now to make the decision between the belt and the cape! Thanks again for all the input guys, its helping worlds!

+ Reply to Thread