+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to resto druid!!! NEED LOTS OF HELP

New to resto druid!!! NEED LOTS OF HELP

heya guys....ive been getting bored with my holy pally so i decided to revisit my other unplayed toons...and now i am playing my druid. before it used to be a feral druid....but tanking as a bear was very very.....frustrating u may say so i decided to go resto/boom. Its fun so far, and it seems pretty easy. Im currently lvl 63 i believe, im just collecting gears from instances but also i pvp a lot...since it seems to give me a bunch of lvls quickly NOW my dillema:

1.) when the tank pulls huge...my rejuv/regrowth sometimes doesnt cut it..and i swiftmend too....but sometimes tanks pulls lots and party damage is thru the roof! i pop wildgrowth everytime its off CD, but that doesnt seem to cut it....is it my fault??

2.) i go OOM waayyyyyyy tooo much. i just pop rejuv on my tank and thats it...but like i said on#1 when tanks pull tons...im oom...is that my fault as well?? i mean i do have intervate...but thats every 3 mins -.-

Tousen: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...pine&cn=Tousen

theres my armory link....pls pls pls...if u guys have any pro tips for me to use on my resto OR my boomkin...i would greatly greatly appreciate it. Right now im questing in the outlands...while waiting for BG que. so i would LOVE to know if i got my boomy spec right too thanks a bunch

love and peace!

Moved to HALP!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Your in that transition period of Vanllia gear 2 BC gear .... and its actually large. Most of you gear is from Vanllia. I'd suggest doing some questing as they offer some large upgrades for ya. Everyone goes threw this. Once you get better gear you won't have to put out so much effort. If your running tons of instances, you should gear up fine.

When i got to that transition period, i went to wowhead and looked up all the rewards for quests by zone. That way you know exactly what quests give what b4 hand and you can plan your gear. Stick with it ... just run lots of dungions/quests and you will be fine. Keep in mind, everyone else is playing catch up 2.

For me, i found lvling res/cat the best combo. Cat for questing and restoration for instances. I just hit 80 this week so it wasn't that long ago when i was in BC content.

BTW, keep up with your enchanting .... it is such a pain in the butt to go back and try to level it up when you've gone beyound that content.

yea i was thinking about going back to cat for questing as it doesnt require me to have any downtime for mana or wtv...problem is....i kinda threw out all my feral gear yesterday when i switched to resto/boomkin lols...and as for enchanting...its sooo expensive lvling it that im thinking of giving it up...but ill see what i can do lols...its very hard to manage 3 80s and this soon to be 80 toon lol...as for my spec...is there anything wrong wit it?? just wondering?

Another nice place to look up gear is wow-loot.com. I leveled until Northrend as feral/resto and it was nice having the option to tank or heal. Made sure I didn't have to quest very often unless I wanted to, lol.

What I did with my druid, and every toon since, is as soon as I hit 58 go and quest until 60. Using wow-loot to seak out the quests that will help me the most meant that I was in good shape to dungeon crawl the rest of the way to 68 where I repeat the process in Northrend.

yea right now all im doin is spamming instances to get gears....but to get lvls i used the BG system...this week was WG week so i just spammed BGS and lvld in no time lols... just wondering....all u guys say that feral is the best way to lvl...may i ask y is that so??? is boomkin lvling not viable?? or is it just slower compared to feral? i mean for feral u still gotta have some downtime for yourself to heal...boomkin u just gotta have downtime for your mana...and thats bout it... :s

New to resto druid!!! NEED LOTS OF HELP

Quote Originally Posted by kintler1
    and as for enchanting...its sooo expensive lvling it that im thinking of giving it up...but ill see what i can do lols..
    Just a quick note on this dude. I am a chanter and it cost me zero to lvl. It is the only prof other than tailoring that I would say us an esential to do while you lvl. Just DE all your looted gear that you don't use then pick up some random crap pieces and enchant with the mats you have gotten on your road to 80. The last 10 was the only pain part I found

Change swiftmend glyph for healing touch, and cast healing touch more for a decent flah heal that is mana efficient. I find that is a very powerful/helpful glyph for my leveling resto druid

Feral for me was less downtime and also more flexibility. I found that I needed to heal much less often than I needed mana for boomkin. Usually, I could just use the instant heals from procs and never stop as feral. As for being flexible, when I encountered anything that was tough for kitty (i.e. HFP on the cliff near Telhemat the mobs are frequently closely grouped) I could just go bear and it was simple, just longer to kill them. Also, yes, boomkin mana regen is not all that effective until you can get nearly all your talents and some gear. For boomkin, Omen of Clarity and the other talents in resto are very importent to regen but if you get them before all of the balance talents then you are sacrificing dmg. Either way, you increase time to level. i also agree with the other poster about enchanting. Don't buy mats. Just DE everything you can as you level. If a quest does not have a reward you want, DE. Random drops, DE. Feel free to take advantage of chat channels to find people who want enchants done too.

The other side of that decision is that boomkin and resto can share some gear which makes it easier.

As mentioned previously, the change of gear from vanilla WoW to BC WoW was huge. Epics were being replaced by greens. I would definitely try to look for quests that give upgrades, or, better yet, search the AH for any gear you could use. Resto leather gear from quest rewards is few and far between, so utilize your auction house to the best of your ability. Make sure, however, that the gear you are buying is in fact BC gear and not just high leveled vanilla greens. Also, be wary of any obviously overpriced gear around that level mark. Try to definitely get a replacement for those feral bracers.

As for enchanting, it would be a good idea to try to keep up with that. It may be a big gold spender, but it really is worth it once it is at a higher level. Also, you will be able to enchant your gear, thus giving you better stats.

Your talents right now look pretty good. If you wanted to, you could start actually putting a few talents as you level into the balance tree. Genesis works with your HoTs, and 3/3 Moonglow should help with those mana issues.

One glyph I liked to use while leveling was Glyph of Regrowth. It can help if your previous regrowth is about to fall off and you need to get a big heal off while replenishing the HoT on the tank.

Alternatively, it can be good to instead of going into the balance tree, spec into 5/5 Naturalist with the glyph of Healing Touch. That way, whenever you worry about the tank damage, you can throw out a quick, mana efficient heal on the tank. If you were to do this, I would go for some of the other talents in the resto tree that give bonus healing effects to HT.

As for 5 man healing, if the tank pulls big groups, I would try to keep Regrowth and Rejuvenation up on the tank. WG is good to use if there is damage going out on other members, but much of the time it can be there just to waste mana. If the tank needs additional heals, you could toss out some nourishes (or healing touches, if you spec into naturalist). In the first speccing scenario, I would macro nature's swiftness and healing touch together and then use that as a last resort button to save the tank.

Try to keep innervate on cooldown (except whenever you are at or near full mana), but if you have mana issues because the tank pulls too aggressively, don't be afraid to ask the tank to slow down with his pulling, or to let you drink. Most tanks should comply at that level, for finding a replacement healer at that level takes quite a while.

Other than that, you should be pretty fine with what you were doing. It may take some time to get into the healing groove, but once you are there, your gear and skill will only get better. =)

Innervate as often as possible, and get some cheap mana potions just in case you need mana on boss fights, when your Innervate isnt up.

Generally I use Innervate always on ~30-50% mana.

edit: typo

+ Reply to Thread