+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin or Warrior?

Paladin or Warrior?

Yeah I know this topic is created maybe once per day but still I want to ask a question.
    I have a 80 protpally and decided to try war tanking for a while. By now I'm 22 lvl and 15-22 was totaly with LFD.
    But a few days ago I've read articles on wow.com (which I think is reliable site) and few topics on mmo-champ and now I'm really concerned that warrior tanking 'll be hit by nerf bat..again
    Now for the question: Which one I should stay with? Who is more needable in raids (if both have equal gear) and which one 'll be better in cata? (I know that it's pretty early to say but anyway)
    P.S. Also sorry for my english
    P.P.S or maybe screw both and roll a drood

Its to early to speculate without information, equations and proper tests done. But if I was to give you an answer based on my opinion?

Warrior. Its so fun to prove people wrong.

Bottem Line: Play what you like

If you play any class long enough you get hit with the nerf bat but you'll also get buffed every now and then, when you get proficient with the class it really wont matter. Honestly they are both good at tanking though they have different styles, a GL/RL looks at the aptitude of the player more so than the class these days. With the changes to raiding dont be surprised to see more tanking slots pop up in Cataclysm do to some of the population shifting to 10 mans which require the same amount of tanks as 25. Use this time to play with each one to see which one you connect the most with and prepare him for cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfists View Post
    Bottem Line: Play what you like
    FTW - All tanks are capable. Play the one you want.

Everything Important in Life I Learned @ Tankspot
    #7 - All tanks are jealous of something other tanks have that they don't have as much of.

I have both a prot pally and prot warrior. Warrior is well geared and pally not so much.

(My opinion) Warriors have alot more tools at their disposal for tanking. We have a widespread taunt (challenging shout) 2 AoE's that hit unlimited targets as long as theyre in range (Thunderclap and Shockwave.) Two good stuns...(Concussion Blow, Shockwave) a disarm (Disarm...duh)

A good warrior tank will be ready for pretty much any situation. Only problem I seem to have is picking up multiple adds such as the gunship battle when Im stuck on the boat. If all the adds spawned at once, it might be a different story, just keep TC ready and use it at the appropriate time.

(I would continue on this, but I am at work and have to go, maybe Ill edit in later.)

My main is a prot pally. My favorite alt is a 55 warrior (won't go into a long story about why he's not 80 yet (guidlies)). I like them both a lot. Two entirely different styles. Sometimes I'm in the mood for one, sometimes the other. Don't worry about what those other sites might have said or implied. They are both viable and you should play what you like.

For what it's worth, Cata will change a LOT about tanking and the paladin will likely be much different than it is now. Warrior is still the baseline for how capable they want other tanks to be. Check the WoW forum blue posts and you will see them say many times they like the single/multi target balance of prot warriors. They will be trying to get other tanks to be similarly effective (nerfs or buffs depending on current balance). Really, it sounds like warriors will be the least changed rather than nerfed.

Just dont play a DK lol ... FAIL tank haha jk dk's are alright, but probably from my experience the worst of the 4 tank classes. Im a Prot pally main and love it .. Warrior ive played at 80 and its fun too, but its alittle more challenging which i like .. if you want a more challenging and unique tank go warrior, if you want just easy fun and switchable go druid or pally ... you can heal .. dps .. or tank ... that way you get the best of all 3 worlds ..

Quote Originally Posted by Genus View Post
    Just dont play a DK lol ... FAIL tank haha jk dk's are alright, but probably from my experience the worst of the 4 tank classes. Im a Prot pally main and love it .. Warrior ive played at 80 and its fun too, but its alittle more challenging which i like .. if you want a more challenging and unique tank go warrior, if you want just easy fun and switchable go druid or pally ... you can heal .. dps .. or tank ... that way you get the best of all 3 worlds ..
    The problem with DK tanks is there are too many NOOB/Fail DK tanks, and since there is a huge population of DKs that sticks in people's minds.
    I used to Tank as DW Frost, then I finally got a good 2-H weapon so removed my Unholy DPS spec to try Blood Tanking. Then I got some nice 1-H dps weapons so now my Frost spec is a DW DPS spec, but I still tank with it on trash (especially in ICC10 where my current OT is a warrior).... or when I want to mess with a healer in Randoms... Yes I have "slowly" nerfed my health from over 50k buffed to just under 40k buffed by swapping out tank gear for dps gear while remaining uncritable in Randoms, just depends on my comfort level with the group and especially the healer.

But like several people have said, PLAY WHAT YOU LIKE AND SPIT IN THE EYE OF ANYONE THAT SAYS IT SUCKS.

All kidding aside they both have their roles. I love the MT/OT mix of a pally and warrior.

In the end you'll just need to find what you enjoy better.

Which will be warrior.

The mobility of a warrior is what I think makes it the game winner, zipping back n forth is insanely fun. However since most raid bosses just have the damn tank it is sometimes irrelevent.

However I am told that only a warrior can solo tank Valithria 10 man, or at least the best option by far. On top of that we provide the best DPS increase while tanking, SUNDERS!

I dont care what anyone says, but not having a Warrior tank on the primary DPS target is slightly gimping your DPS Warriors will lose out on Slam or even push back there rotations to Sunder and from what I hear rogues get hit even harder having to Expose Armor.

My guild runs with two Protadins >.<

+ Reply to Thread