+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Pally gemming for ICC

Prot Pally gemming for ICC

First of all my amory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...zgrel&cn=Pryce

I tank ICC 10&25 up to PP every week.

Alright my main question right now is when do i stop stacking stamina gems? and what gems should i replace them with?

My guild leader wants me to gem for str/stam but every thing ive read said that the block mitigation you get from str/stam gems is minimal and that the better choice would be dodge/stam agil/stam or just pure stamina, which is why ive been gemming purely for stamina but my guild leader has a problem with it so i just wanted to get your advice, any recommendations would be appreciated and any other advice on my gear/enchants/gems.

My planned changes: +Mongoose to weapon
    +Heavy borean armor kit for gloves
    +Gems -_-

You basically don't stop gemming stam. If you have a socket bonus that only requires 1 hybrid gem that gives you a +9 or +12 socket bonus, then I'd gem it with either def/stam if yellow or agi/stam if red, either that or just go all stam except for 1 agi/stam gem in the highest stam bonus you can get to activate your meta.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    You basically don't stop gemming stam. If you have a socket bonus that only requires 1 hybrid gem that gives you a +9 or +12 socket bonus, then I'd gem it with either def/stam if yellow or agi/stam if red, either that or just go all stam except for 1 agi/stam gem in the highest stam bonus you can get to activate your meta.
    This, though I'd only go with the one bonus to activate the meta. Also, no offense but your guild leader needs to pause and do some reading, because he's dead wrong.

Also switch the red gem to your helm, you get 9 more stamina from the deal. 30 stam to shoulders, 275 hp to chest, 18 stam or 240 armor to gloves, 18 stam to shield, mongoose or blood draining to weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

ty

I thought he was dead wrong about gemming str/stam as well but he tried to tell me that it OWNS for mitigation because of the minimal block that you get, and it just makes me think..what is this guy doing leading my guild? but thank you both for your input any further recommendations would also be appreciated

Yes, you are absolutely right about str. Blocking is great for what it is, but in ICC you don't get any block rating gear, you get what you get from holy shield and redoubt, but that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I'm pretty sure the 25 armor from a 10 agi/15 stamina gem (10 agi*1.1*2=22, 22*1.1=24.2 armor) would provide more mitigation than the 6 block value from a 10 strength gem.

Stamina all the way, one 10agi/15 stam in the T10 helmet for the meta gem. If you want to then take single coloured 9 stam bonusses, but you don't have to.

TY

TY for posting guys you are pretty much re-inforcing what i already believed was true. I will be switching my +10str/15stam gem froms legs to a 10agil/15stam to head , any more input would still be considered and appreciated =]

Personally, the one Purple gem I prefer is expertise/stam. I value 10 expertise > 10 agility, but that is my preference. Sitting at 16 expertise, you too would benefit from it, being a long ways from soft-capping expertise (26), and the crit/dodge benefits are quite minimal.

Also, consider taking one point out of imp judgements and dropping it in benediction. Doing 2/2 Imp Judgements does absolutely nothing in the 969 rotation.
    Last edited by Insahnity; 05-18-2010 at 10:37 AM.

hmm

Thanks for the advice on the +exp but also i am using the glyph that gives +10 expertise when activated.. don't remember exactly what its called at this moment TBH but it does put me at exactly 26 expertise =]

Meeh love your RL tell him to politely butt out or at least justify why he wants you stacking strength.

If he wants threat changing to mongoose and libram of valiance will help with the loss of only a bit of dodge.

I find your HP low for your overall gear level TBH .. your armor is about right .. so to me you are down a bit on EH.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

+ Reply to Thread