+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Pally "Priority Rotation" ?!

Prot Pally "Priority Rotation" ?!

Is anyone familiar with this? Basically I play a ret paladin as MS, and wish to start digging more in to my prot spec as I am starting to pick up a few off spec pieces. I currently only tank heroics a little.
    I toyed around with prot tanking a while back in Uld (a scrubby 10man grp). I also know the 969 rotation and how it works, but I dislike its lack of flexibility. As its often important to tweak the rotation on the fly.

A few months ago I stumbled across a "priority" guide for prot pallys. I understand that the priority "rotation" does not include sacred shield 100% uptime etc (hello holy pallys ). but does anyone by chance know where I can find this guide. I looked but google.com was unusually unhelpful.

I use CLCRET for my Main Spec, and then theres the simple built in priority helper that activates when I go to my prot spec.

What should be the main priority order of my tanking ability's ? Bearing in mind I am no stranger to making situational rotation changes based on circumstances.

Thanks in advance,
    ~dega

Properly executed, 969 is the best cycle for tanking. Choosing the exact spell order is up to you, as over the duration of a boss fight any combination is going to work out the same.

There is no "priority rotation" for a protection paladin. There is the 96969 and the whole point of it is that you will always have a pretty button lit up and ready to push once you Global Cooldown ticks off. You can choose the order on your first cycle, but after that, it is more or less set in stone.

The order on that first cycle does also not matter a whole, but once you've been through the full 13 steps, the effect of the order is indistinguishable; the amount of threat generated is exactly the same.

There is however a few general tips for choosing the order in that first cycle:

If you for example need to quickly build alot of threat on a single target, you would usually go for Righteous Shield -> Judgement -> Hammer -> Cons -> Righteous Shield -> Holy Shield -> Hammer -> Judgement -> Righteous Shield -> Cons -> Hammer -> Holy Shield and then starting again from Righteous Shield

If you need to quickly build threat on multiple targets, you would go for Cons -> Hammer -> Holy Shield -> Righteous Shield -> Judgement... and you get the idea.
    "You pull it, you tank it" -Ajire
    Armory: Ajire@Scarshield Legion.EU

ok, well thanks. I guess the guide I found a while back may be somewhat useless. I did also notice that clcret does show 969 when it tells you what to press so meh.
    Guess this was a stupid topic, stupid question and I'm a damn dummy, lol.
    thanks again though.

+ Reply to Thread