+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Threat problems

Threat problems

I am new to tank spot and forums so plz bear with me. As for my problem , i have followed many guides and taken plenty of advice of others as well as seen what works for me on tanking. I think i am geared very well as i have been asked by many guilds on my server to come tank for them. The problem im having is i am noticing that people that under gear me seem to be able to out threat me when we tank together.
    According to omen i generate between 5k and 9k on average threat , this is my armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Satis+Faction i have tried changing my rotation (which i feel is where the problem is) but most rotations i find are very similiar and none of which helps. I have had a few ppl tell me that they feel i should be using strength / stam gems as well. Plz look me over and give me some advice on what else i might try. Also if you have time , kinda of explain why what you reccomend works so that i can prevent from having this problem later thx guys

i also am sorry for the sloppy typing

Gear wise, you should ditch the +10 EXP gems and go stam. Also the shoulder and cloak enchants should be changed to the PVP for the shoulders and + 225 armor for the cloak.

Your PROT spec is one of the common ones, though I prefer the shield mitigation from the 5/5 sh spec. This is kinda helpful in ICC.

Your glyphs confuse me. You should be using more def type glyphs, or related cooldown ones.

Your gear ( once re gem'd and re-chanted ) is not an issue.

Can you describe your " rotation " or really just what your typical MOB pull is like.

Are you marking ? Is the DPS giving you a sec to actually generate threat ? Are you rotating targets ?

As far as rotation goes on AoE I Tc/ Cleave / shockwave and keep demo shout up. Single target i mainly keep ss/rev on cool down , use thunderclap for debuff , demo shout as well spam dev. and heroic strike. (on single target i have no problem with rage) on aoe i occasionally have rage problems , but not often enough that it has been a problem.

I dont generally mark due to how fast most ppl run , i assume that they will know what targets they should be hitting. (in guild raids they usually do)
    I cant really test anything out in heroics due too the instant dps of mobs , but with my taunt and the way heroics are i usually dont have an issue here either.

I do rotate targets when when i have someone that is pullin alot of threat , I will vig them , then single target what they are pulling and aoe the best i can to hold the rest.

As far as a regular mob pull i taunt , charge , or heroic throw based on situation , throw up a TC/ SS/ REV/ devestate or heroic strike while all on cd , then repeat. I really hope im helping you understand what im doin , and i do thank you for your help , im going to change out the other stuff that you suggested

I figured it out.

Glyphs: definitely the glyphs. Revenge and HS are actually two of the worst threat glyphs. Getting the devastate glyph will give you a massive increase in TPS both single and multiple targets. Blocking is also up there and so is vigilance. The devastate glyph almost doubles the threat your devastate does since it allows you to add the sunder threat modifier twice instead of just once, even when already at 5 stacks. So you do dmg threat + 2x threat modifier. probably not double the threat, but still a massive increase and it is by far our best threat glyph.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Ok i have applied what both of you mentioned. I aggree on the glyphs havent had a chance to test it out yet thou.

+ Reply to Thread