+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pally tanking, issues?!?!?

pally tanking, issues?!?!?

Hello, i would like to first start off and say that i'm still a pally tank in training. OK so my issue is when im tanking instances since i dont think i have the exp to do raids yet. But when i tank instance i have a hard time keeping aggro. I'm using RF i am def capped and also my gear is kinda low, mostly because i have some blues. But i was hopping someone would be able to point me in the correct direction so i can learn to a better tank.

Rotation would be the main thing im guessing, 969 rotation is the "best" threat producing rotation available to us.
    i advise reading http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...g/969-rotation
    Without a armory link im going to post the "cookie cutter" spec with glyphs as well
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZV0tA...dxfMzbc:pGkzcm
    there is several variations to this, with Glyph of judgement, Glyph of hammer of the righteous also being used.
    use seal of command for multi target and seal of vengeance for single target

The 969 rotation is solid advice.

An other thing that helped me a lot during my earlier heroics is marking mobs. Throw a skull on the mob that you think is most annoying/dangerous, and nuke that first. Make clear that you'd like people to pay a bit of attention to that. Trust me, it may sound weird, but it helps a lot.

Could you post an armory link? Maybe there's something in your gear or spec that we could give advice on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

i just tried it, it does work but i seem to have a issue with mana. here is the link to my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ss&gn=Kingsize

For mana are u keeping divine plea up? Guarded by the light keeps it up as long as your hitting something.

i try to. sometimes ill forget that it is there. Is my gear good? is there thing that i should change in my spec?

Spec i would recommend changing to the one i linked above, the gears good enough for heroics but your gonna need to farm the triumph emblems till people will take you into raids. your uncrittable which is good, your on the right lines just need upgrades

what would the use of SoC be used for?

Trash tanking/bosses that involve adds, not mandatory, i havnt took it but a lot of people like it

SoC basically makes everything you do have a little AoE effect, it's really nice for that. It also starts out at full power instead of having to build up to a 5stack, making it slightly better for snap aggro (which is what you need on trash and in 5man content.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

ok, so i should keep the glyph of veg?

if your not at 26 expertise without it yeah
    change glyph of SA

+ Reply to Thread