+ Reply to Thread

Thread: icc avice and strategy

icc avice and strategy

ok I have done ICC 10 the last two weeks and it is pretty smooth through the first part. saurfang has his difficult moments but not for me fight is easy to tank basic strategy there. the problem is festergut and rotface they seem to be impossible for differant reasons. my tankin on festergut is easy and as long as other tank does not die which he does no for the most part it is all on dps and they just cant kill him before berserk any tips here. but the tankin on rotface is the problem me and the other tank both have minor problems not from gear or capability but on strategy. tankin boss is easy but pickin up the big ooze and kiteing him seems to be the problem any tips here. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Massacrejons this is me and was just wonderin if i should just go all sta in chest sockets i know the enchant to get for it. is the only better weapon for me the mace from icc? my alch trinket still there cant find a worthy replacement just spent the emblems on chest so cant get the skeleton key quite yet but until then what? (no icks rotting thumb) i know i got to replace one or both of the def gems but this is due to yesterdays upgrades so any advice on easy to obtain geat and review on gems and chants that i have would be great but still more so here for the strats.

I'm sorry, I want to help more but the lack of sentence structure is making my brain hurt.

I'm a PROT Warrior, but I can tell from you spec you need to re-enchant that sword and the shoulders, enchant the shield, and remove some of those DEF gems and go STAM. You're above the 540 def cap. Stop gem'ing DEF.

Also, you need to get the Glyph of Indom or Corr Key. Chest should be all +30 stam and +275 Health.

And Alch and Herb are doing nothing for you as a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by nserafini View Post
    And Alch and Herb are doing nothing for you as a tank.
    As I understand it you're not correct about Alch. I don't understand Alch well, so I don't know the exact numbers, but Mixology gives some benefit to the effectiveness of flasks. So stoneblood which is 1300hp for a non Alch would be something more than 1300 for an Alch.

Now, does it do as much as Mining/JC/BS? I don't know. Those three give 60 sta (63 in the case of JC), which raid buffed works out to 66 (69) or 660/690 HPs. SO the benefit to Stoneblood from Mixology would need to be >50% to bring it up to par with the others. If it does more than 60% bonus, it may even be better. I don't know what the benefit its, but needless to say, it's not useless.

Weed pulling... that one lifeblood is like an extra healing pot, but not all that useful.

Should log out in your tank gear.

For Rotface, picking up the slimes should be easy if you have omen. Even if not you just have to be fairly careful with your kiting and how to generate threat. You have about a 1~2 second window as the first big slime forms to blast it with whatever burst threat you have (Since I'm a warrior I usually Shield Slam Then move away with a Devestate, then proceed to TClap and Shockwave the mob while vigilancing the biggest healer). Just replace Shield Slam with whatever melee burst threat you have and then proceed to run around spamming the largest ranged threat move you have, if I remember right Judgements have an 8 yards range so that could be good filler?

Also if your big slime is moving towards the group, find that person and use your Hand of Salvation or even Hand of Protection. Its like people forget tanks they have more way to control mobs then just hitting them.

Are you trying to avoid the slime pools? If so, don't. The damage should be minimal and healable. Then once you have aggro it's up to those that have been hit with the debuff to drag their small slimes in front of you. Again, as the ooze tank, you pull the ooze in a wide circle, the other players need to be responsible for putting the ooze down front of the big ooze.

I know this can be a problem for DPS, which usually don't have to think

Also, a few other points since you asked:

You need one point in Improved Judgements to maintain the proper 969 rotation. If you do heroics as a tank, consider getting Seal of Command. It's sick the dps and threat on low level mobs that die fast. Seal of Vengence just doesn't get enough time to stack on those. Not too useful outside of heroics though.

The chest is probably not the best first purchase. Consider getting the belt and the cloak soon after instead. If you have already rendered it un-returnable, not that big of a deal, just slower gear progression and the belt is about the same level of improvement as the chest (not item level, EH). Which chest did you get? Cata chest or T10?

As previous posters said, gem one gem for the meta, the rest should be stam. Replace the str/stam gem with agil/stam. Rest should be 30 stam. The int/stam gem in the helm is not good. If you want that bonus, get a hit/stam gem. Try to also get the PvP shoulder enchant as it is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    As I understand it you're not correct about Alch. I don't understand Alch well, so I don't know the exact numbers, but Mixology gives some benefit to the effectiveness of flasks. So stoneblood which is 1300hp for a non Alch would be something more than 1300 for an Alch.
    I googled it and it seems that with Mixology you get an extra 300 HP ( bumps to 1620 ) ; if that's the case, you're getting only one say +30 bump, where with BS and Engineering you get +60 ...

Can someone confirm ?

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...of-professions.

Big thanks to Volador for having the gumption to put this together.

Mixology - 1950 health from 1300 health (+650 hp).

There are much better choices than herbalism and alchemy however.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Without being able to see your Tank gear its hard to give advice.

But for Trinkets.
    The Black Heart drops in Reg Trial of the Champion. This and the Glyph of Indomitability (Emblems of Triumph) are considered your best EH choices outside of Raids.
    Essence of Gossamer drops in Heroic Azjol-Nerub.

For most Tanks the Frost Emblem Cloak is the biggest upgrade, unless you were lucky enough to get a Cloak from Trial of the Crusader (any version). Since the only "easy" to get non-raid cloaks are 213 (Valor emblems) or 219 (reg Halls of Reflection).

Most Tanks I know of go Cloak, Chest or Belt (depending on need), with the Key being often their 4th pick.

Mellvar - how is that not stickied? Thanks for pulling that up from the past.

/shrug

...bug Kaz or Satrina?
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread