+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank AoE Build Opinions please

Tank AoE Build Opinions please

I am thinking of changing to a 2 prot spec warrior. And one of the builds I want to try is in the link could you please take a look at the build and tell me if I should change some things around or stick to my Deep Wounds build and go on my merry way....

Thanks

Tanks 4 life

Moved to HALP!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'm not seeing a deep wounds build in there when clicking on the link, but that seems to be the way to go. I'm not sure if I would put points in the fury build, specifically into improved cleave, as that will only hit 3 targets at the most (and that's with the glyph of cleaving). With my current build, I have never lost threat when tanking 5 or less adds, so it seems to work pretty well for me. Here's the link to my current build:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Silver+Knights

A couple of notes on the spec that you linked:

-Not too sure if that demoralizing shout talent is really worth it. If you're trying to hold threat, that is not an ability you want to use. I rarely use it in heroics and usually in raids it won't even stack on a boss due to pally talents.
    -I wouldn't want to use piercing howl. the whole idea of warrior tanking is to take hits and build up rage, which you then use for abilities. If you use this piercing howl and stun all enemies, you'll become instantly rage starved and dps will pull those adds off you in no time at all. Definitely don't use this if you're trying to AOE tank.

Your build works for fights like Anub'arak hard mode where you know you'll be tanking 3-4 ads but if you want to tank more thrash than that there's nothing that beats deep wounds. If your thinking about random heroic tanking then you should save your old tank gear, gem it with only crit gems and go crazy...

For the previous reply. Improved Demo shout is absolutely worth it if you can't get it from another source, and even if you a retri pally with Vindication, the AoE nature of Demo shout is worth considering, for some fights!

+ Reply to Thread