+ Reply to Thread

Thread: icc gear hit rating

icc gear hit rating

hello all

i wanted to ask u what should i do about the hit rating.
    thats my armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mer&cn=Shakdan

i also have the 264 armor ring but i droped it for mor hit.

my question is- should i go with 4 set bonus items or with 2? i have the 264 shoulders from lady deathwhisper and im thinking of try to get the head from blood princes which have lots of hit rating
    or maybe stay like this and try to get the tanking neck with hit from dreamwalker?
    as u can see i have 3 gems with 20 hit and 1 mixed
    1 more thing if i'll use the armor ring ank loose all the hit gems i'll be on a bit more then 4% hit. i can glyph for taunt coz i saw a similar post about it but is 4% hit rating wont start cozing traet issues?

suggestions welcome
    Last edited by kfir2512; 05-14-2010 at 07:41 AM.

well first off 263 is the hit cap, second and more importantly, why are you so worried about hit?
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Agg, be a lil more precise, please. 263 is the melee hit cap - spells need more, glyphed taunt needs less.

In my opinion, the glyphed taunt hit cap is the only one that really matters - and even there you could go a little under if you don't mind missing a taunt once in a while. Definatly go for the glyph, though, it's important to hit on your taunts in many ICC fights.

For the rest, both hit and expertise are threat stats. I can't tell you if you have enough threat, only you can do that, but if you have enough, dropping some expertise and hit isn't a bad thing at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

its not some hit rating its about half

i curently dont have treat issues but i dont know how its gonna be with 4% hit rating.
    i can glyph that since i want to drop the maul glyph anyway so can glyph for growl.
    the question is if 4 % rating will be enough with the growl glyph?

If you were a paladin, I'd be telling you to dump all the hit gems, but I don't know if druids need them.

What I'd do if I were you, is test it. If you have a seriously huge threat lead, you can just dump them all and see what happens. If you have a smaller threat lead, replace some of them over time, and see what the effect is. The worst that happens when going from 8% hit to 4% hit is that you lose about 4% of your threat. (If you replace the maul glyph with the taunt glyph, your single target threat shouldn't suffer, and your taunts will hit almost all of the time if you lose half your hit rating.)
    Again, I can't say these things with certainty - I'm not a huge druid tanking buff, but I think you should be able to replace most of those hit gems at the very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

tbh you will only need 196 is cap except the raid bosses. and it is not so hard to keep aggro on bosses in wotlk,the only matter not to miss taunts. so i care not to lower hit under 230,it rarely misses without glyph. afraid if druids have different matters.

+ Reply to Thread