+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms warrior advice

Arms warrior advice

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Gravelayar

I am a main spec tank and have been for years. I've dabbled in Fury and Arms from time to time.
    I have read countless threads all over the place. I have a farily good idea on rotation and specs. What I am fuzzy on still is Armor Pen or Strength. I know about the two spreadsheets one can download but haven't really looked to much into them - and don't really want to.
    I had enough frost to pickup the T10 dps helm and shoulders last night and need to get my gems set.
    I am a JC.
    Does it make sense for me to gem all Arm Pen or do I load everything up (except 2 blues for meta) with strength?
    The only lvl 251 weapon I have is the sword so that is how I specced. Any thoughts on the sword spec are also welcome.

You use the 21 agi meta and put a nightmare tear in a blue socket - this fulfills the blue for socket bonus and provides every color for the meta, every other gem should be armor pen, assuming you have at least 35% ArP from gear alone (not including battle stance or mace spec)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Saal/advanced

"assuming you have at least 35% ArP from gear alone"

Just to be clear:

So 35% from gear along is 490 ArP then? Under hit rating on my charator sheet my armor penetration rating says 495.

The target is 1400 Rating.

soft-capping... 1400 - proc = X. X is your target. You should gem if you can hit X by ArP on gear + (Gem Slots * 20 + 42). Optionally, if you want to go through the hassle - the 40 ArP/Sta food reduces X by 40 as well. For others, the +42 comes from 3x +34 ArP JC only gems replacing +20 ArP gems.

So if you have NES, 1400 - 678 (proc) = 722 as your target. If you have 15 gem slots (ignoring those you need for the meta) then you would need:
    722 - (15*20 + 42) or
    722 - 342 = 380 ArP on your gear. 340 if you eat the food after every wipe.

Hard capping it's basically the same. At this point say you have 22 gem slots ignoring the meta-required ones.
    22*20+42 = 482. This means you should have 918 ArP passively before you begin to gem. 878 if you eat the food religiously.

Of course, complicating this hole thing is the constantly advancing gear ArP and the point Khilbron makes in here.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ady-to-gem-ARP

I won't try to paraphrase it.

So 1400 - Grim Toll (612) = 788 but what about Battle Stance? What is that 10% based off of and is that already added into my armory that shows ArP at 840?

I have an additional 4 sockets that I could move ArP gems into but have not yet as I'm not sure if its better that I do or if I leave them as is?

I also could put in T9 gloves for the 2 pc T9 6% bonus....but what is that 6% based off of?

I dunno about Arms' calculation. You could switch from arms to prot or fury and see if your ArP rating # changes. I don't know (though my guess is a search for "Battle stance" and "Armor Penetration" (Or "ArP") would probably turn something up.

My ArP rating remains at 840 in all three stances. I'll assume battle stance ads 10% to what shows on the character sheet - 84 ArP.
    I guess this is why Blizzard is removing ArP from the game.

Found this somewhere else and thought I'd post it as I'm most likely not the only confused one.

1. No battle stance = 1399.572
    2. Bstance = 1259.615
    3. Bstance + 2pc t9 set= 1175.641
    4. bstance + mace spec = 1049.679
    5. bstance + mace + 2pc t9 set= 965.705

This is before grim toll or runestone. Now heres the caps if you are using grimtoll or a runestone
    1. GT : 788 Runestone : 735
    2. GT : 648 Runestone : 595
    3. GT : 564 Runestone : 511
    4. GT : 438 Runestone : 385
    5. GT : 354 Runestone : 301

+ Reply to Thread