+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help surviving

Need help surviving

Hi,

I've been having some trouble surviving on the 1st 4 boss' of ICC.

For example on marrowgar, If I got saberlashed while standing in the blue fire, its almost an instant kill even when tanks are stacked up.

I switched every gem and enchant I have to either armour or stamina, mostly stamina.

I would really like some recommendations and tips tanking the lower spire, it would be great help for me and my raid team

Armory Link

On Marrow you kind of have two options: have all the non-tanks standing right behind the boss in his hitbox (allowing the hunter(s) to be at min range of course) for ease DPSing bonespikes, which causes the tanks to dance around coldflame. Or have the ranged DPS outside his hitbox and force them to dance around coldflame. If you're consistently getting pwned by coldflame, make the DPSers dance around it.

In my raids we prefer to make the tanks dance around it, partially because it's convenient for the healers to only have to heal the tanks almost all of the time, except for Bonestorms

This may be a latency issue on your end. If you don't move until you hear DBM warn you, then you may have been standing in the fire for several seconds already. Between Blizz servers sending you the info, DBM processing that and then warning you, there can be quite a delay if you do have latency. I visually watch for the start of the blue flames and can usually be out of the fire before DBM gives it's audio or visual warnings.

It does help to notice that you start to kind of turn blue before you can actually see the fire

Your gemming and enchanting are pretty much flawless, and I think you know there are some gear upgrades you can get (like Pillars of Might and the frost emblem cloak) but frankly you're in decent shape for the 1st bosses of ICC.

Do you have any combat logs to give us a better of idea of what's happening? If your healers are wroth their salt you could probably stand in the fire and get saber lashed and still survive for a little bit. Something doesn't seem right to me. The only other thing I can say is what they've already said. Make sure you're dancing in and out of the fire properly, coordinate with your other tank where you are going to go (so like when the first fire hits move right, then left, then right, etc.) so that you don't accidentally put the cleave all on one tank.

For Lady Dreamwalker: The adds don't hit very hard except for the deformed guys, they can't be tanked so if you're not surviving them it's because you're not supposed to. They need to be kited away, they move really slow and this is very possible. Either have a dps like a warrior or ret pally or something ranged taunt them away, hunters with distracting shot can work well too. The only other really hard hitting thing about LDW is her frostbolts. They are interruptable so make sure that you have an interrupt rotation. Two people can do it easily, if you need to, call it out on vent "I have next, you have next, I have next," etc.

Gunship: This is really on how fast your DPS can react if you're tanking the horde ship. If you're tanking your ship and are just tanking adds, survivability really shouldn't be an issue. If you're on the horde ship, getting back as fast as you can after the sorcerer has died is really all there is to it, it's a pretty easy fight.

Deathbringer Saurfang: This is pretty much just a tank and spank. Just as long as you are taunting off of your other tank when they get the blood rune or whatever it's called and you don't pull aggro on the adds you should be fine.

In general: try to be proactive about your cooldowns. If you think you're about to take more damage, hit IBF, or UA, or whatever you think will allow you to survive, even trinkets timed well can be very beneficial even if they are smaller cooldowns.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post

Gunship: This is really on how fast your DPS can react if you're tanking the horde ship. If you're tanking your ship and are just tanking adds, survivability really shouldn't be an issue. If you're on the horde ship, getting back as fast as you can after the sorcerer has died is really all there is to it, it's a pretty easy fight.
    Also make sure your gunner in the left cannon is taking out the Rocketeers in the back, as they rank up they hit harder and harder; and if you're standing in blast area of a ranked up shot you'll take some damage, but normally they hit like flies. The right cannon has los issues to the back of the ship.

You shouldn't be hard to keep up at all; even if you zone out, or get a bad camera angle back by the wall and stand in the blue crap and get cleaved, you're healers should not have an issue keeping you up.

Marrowgar is all about coordination of the 2 tanks. We have a set pattern for the flames, first flame we step left, the step right, then left, then right and repeat. As MT I ask to be raid marked so the OT can follow the nipple, almost to the point of being a mindless act.

I think you are looking at a hesitation problem as well as a healer problem. We single tank Marrow and I only dance out of the fire when I feel like it. I rarely die. I do understand that my gear is alittle better however You shouldn't be getting one shotted.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

Need help surviving

My guild just started ICC this last weekend and the only issue we have had was the bone spikes. My healers can heal us through the flames and cleave. So I think it's gotta be timing of the heals. Me and the OT were the ones doing the flame dance to keep the rest of the raid looking out for the spikes and for the most part we were doing ok. So that's my 2 cents worth.

+ Reply to Thread