+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Weekly Marmot -- Healing Priest Rotations

The Weekly Marmot -- Healing Priest Rotations

sweet, this will save me alot of time while trying to teach other people to disc-heal.

also good to know i'm doing it right ^.^

cheers

I demand cupcakes. This just isn't right.

i can only hope that that cup-cake was not from McCafe...

Doc

No, she bakes...a lot......and makes everyone she shares it with terribly hungry!

XD Those were Mother's Day peanut butter cupcakes. There were almond sugar cookies too but Cider ate 'em all!

Your bloopers at the end always remind me of just how many takes I needed to do video tutorials. After a while people understood that I was making a video whenever they heard me cursing in my room. XD

And also, the spamming PW:S thing is so true.

Hey Aliena - Thanks for the insightful post. You talk about priests having no set rotation (I agree), but in situations like Valithria Dreamwalker, there should be a set rotation that provides maximum throughput. I don't always have the luxury of having a pally/shaman available for that fight, so when I'm stuck healing the big green dragon, what should I do? I run disc/holy, but disc is always terrible for this effort (mitigation vs. heals). As holy, I generally go Renew, Circle, Flash, Flash, Flash, Hasted Greater. Is this right? Any better thoughts?

Farez, Shattered Halls

p.s. I'm confounded by your accent -- where are you from? =P
    Last edited by Farez; 05-11-2010 at 06:32 PM.

hey thanks for clarifying for those who continuously keep asking me in game what the healing rotation is!!! i like u already =) so did u make those cupcakes or were they a mothers day gift?!

Your dps rotation on that cupcake was impressive.

who's to say I didn't have a cupcake?

ok, I didn't....but still....

I'm also not dating a bald marmot!

Prayer of Healing

What about Prayer of Healing in your rotations? I find when PoM and CoH are on cooldown a PoH works great in fights with constant raid wide damage.

Renew is fine but I find it overheals a lot.

If you're glyphed with PoH it also does 20% additional healing over 6 seconds after the cast. This does some preemptive healing when you know more raidwide damage is coming.

Edited:
    Also, when Surge of Light procs (which it does a lot when critting with your PoM and CoH), you can instant Flash Heal giving you a stack of Serendipity. Then you can pick the group who needs the PoH the most (since 3.1.0 PoH heals your targets group).

In most raid situations I find you will have 3 stacks of Serendipity before you cast the PoH which makes it even more viable.
    Last edited by Adecus; 05-13-2010 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Thought of additional relevant info

so any chance on making a simlar thing on other healing classes? or can someone just quickly say what the 3 other healers should do on in those 3 types of fights? i am a occalaly a healer and i RL so i like knowing this type of stuff so i can know whats going on in healing but i very rarly run with healing priests so info on the other classes would be very useful
    ty

Aliena i wanted to thank you for the insightful, very well articulated information in your video. As a Holy Priest I found everything you said to be fruitful. I enjoy learning from you and have seen many of your instructional raid videos. If i may say so without offending anyone the one quality about your leadership we cherish very much is your brain! The intelligence you have shared with all of us has benefited so many in the raids. You are awesome and thank you for everything Ciderhelm, Aliena, and others have taught me.

I am having some issues currently because many people on my server can't believe Holy priests are exceptional Tank healers. this is a proven fact once i heal tanks in icc. Often times they prefer to ask me to raid heal. Truth is i utilize your advice watching tanks life bars also raid healing the entire time. It surprises people when the healing charts read holy priest on top and druids pallys and shammys are below me on meters. Please don't interpret i am being egotistic here. I have a shammy healer a pally healer and a druid healer, and i enjoy playing my priest the most because in my view priests seem to be the best heals i can offer. I personally feel all healers must respect each one another and work as a unit to ensure that raids do not wipe.

in fact in one 25 i met a disc priest who was confident enough in their skill that they volunteered to raid heal in disc. We had a wipe free night with a holy priest tank healing, disc priest raid healing and a shammy also on raid to help. for some encounters we had both priests on tanks shammy on raid example was vilithria dreamwalker. Another time we used a druid on ot me on mt and shammy on heals.
    I graduated from college last May so no finals for me anymore, if your still in college Aliena stay strong the cap n gown await, when i graduated that afternoon i put Krokus "School's Out" on repeat. (Old Alice cooper remake from the 80's) i also love paul hardcastle's Jazzmasters cd's smooth jazz.

Do you have any input on any of this I would like some feedback from the top of the chain if you have the time.
    Last edited by Thndrnltning; 05-13-2010 at 08:18 AM. Reason: forgot signature

As a Disc priest, I think you have forgotten to mention how valuable using your flash heal can be giving procs for DA on top of PoM and Penance which on some encounters tends to do more absoring than my PW:shield spam. This is an old report and I was on tank healing so couldnt shield spam entire raid on sindra but as an example http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...=16634&e=17098 DA was 30% of my healing on that encounter. On the LK I was raid healing so yeh alot of shield spam http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=5863&e=6715 but again DA came out on top. I dont think just using shield spam and pom is really they key to mitigating as much dmg as possible.

... if you're a discpriest,[...] rejoice for shields are freakin' overpowered.
    I had a big smile in my face on hearing that

Nice "How do I heal" faq, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Te Amo View Post
    As a Disc priest, I think you have forgotten to mention how valuable using your flash heal can be giving procs for DA on top of PoM and Penance which on some encounters tends to do more absoring than my PW:shield spam. This is an old report and I was on tank healing so couldnt shield spam entire raid on sindra but as an example http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...=16634&e=17098 DA was 30% of my healing on that encounter. On the LK I was raid healing so yeh alot of shield spam http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=5863&e=6715 but again DA came out on top. I dont think just using shield spam and pom is really they key to mitigating as much dmg as possible.

"If you're a disc tank healer, shield and penance on cooldown and fill the remainder of the time with flash heals. Dropping some shields on the raid when your tank is full can be a good idea, since it triggers Borrowed Time, and if you're smart about it you can get some extra mana back from Rapture. "

Nope, didn't forget!

<------------- Looking forward to seeing you with a tan! Not that thier is anything wrong with being casper white!

ty really helpful

+ Reply to Thread