+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just hit 80 on my Lock. Looking for some general advice.

Just hit 80 on my Lock. Looking for some general advice.

Ok so I just got this Lock to 80 last, my second one after my Warrior. I'm just looking for some advice on what to do next, even though I've been here before. Here's what I've got planned:

* Running heroics for triumph, obviously.

* I actually levelled to 80 while doing the Sons of Hodit questline, so I just need to do their dailies now on to get the rep from them.

Other then that I don't really know what to do. Even though I have two 80s I am fairly poor, so crafted gear isn't really an option.

I'd also like some advice on my spec and what glyphs to use, I just recently respecc'd to Destro and plan to use it for awhile.

The main reason I am making this topic is just for a simple order to spend my eventual Frost and Triumph emblems on. Obviously it depends on the biggest upgrade at the time, but I'd still like to know what are the best items I should first go for.

Lastly, I will be running all heroics for badges obviously, but are there any specific ones to do for some specific items?

Oh and I should also add that I won't bother linking my armoury since it just full or regular instance and quest blues. Anything would be an upgrade.

Thank you very much in advance to your responses, I really look forward to ready them while at work.

If your warrior has exalted with Hodir then getting it on your lock is less of a concern; the shoulder enchants are boa and fully mailable.

If you are unsure about what gear to get with emblems, run the heroics as you normally would. Buy the tier 9 stuff, including trinks, rings, wand etc, but after you finish the heroic, sell them back to the vendor and buy them again.

You won't be able to enchant or gem your gear (if you do you can't return it) but it will let you 'borrow' advanced gear from what I call 'the dalaran gear library' while you roll on stuff in heroics.

This way you won't go 'damn, that's a really nice chest but I just bought this teir 9 piece'. just roll on the drop and return the triumph gear, spend the emblems on something else.

If you simply want to gear as quickly as humanly possible, get a tank and healer from your guild to chain run you through Toc5 normal. That'll get you geared on epic 200 stuff. Then do fos, pos, and hor for 219 gear. After that, you are probably geared enough to do fos, pos, and hor heroics each day yourself.

Doni, don't forget that you should pick a spec and get competent at it before hitting heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

especially with locks, their rotations are picky in my opinion. I also find them to be one of the most fun classes to play, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdorrior View Post
    especially with locks, their rotations are picky in my opinion. I also find them to be one of the most fun classes to play, hands down.
    Locks don't have rotations.
    Locks have flowcharts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

As for scoping out which heroics have gear you want, look at wow-loot.com
    As for emblem purchases, you are right, it will depend on the biggest upgrades first which means it is entirely dependant on what gear you have at the time you are going to make the purchase.

+ Reply to Thread