+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First frost badge purchase recommendation? & rate me please! Warrior Tank

First frost badge purchase recommendation? & rate me please! Warrior Tank

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Beerthirty

Hey all,
    Just looking for suggestions on which frost piece to get first. I was thinking http://www.wowwiki.com/Gauntlets_of_the_Kraken
    I know i need to get my BS up, not sure what else at this point. Thanks!

Gloves or Cloak would be your best upgrade right away.

Also put +30 stam gems in every socket except 1 to activate your meta somewhere, preferably where you get the most stam bonus for doing so.

Your below 540 defense so hopefully the new cloak or gloves will help. Besides enchanting your shield and chest for DEF you can also enchant your Cloak for it.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    Gloves or Cloak would be your best upgrade right away.

Also put +30 stam gems in every socket except 1 to activate your meta somewhere, preferably where you get the most stam bonus for doing so.

Your below 540 defense so hopefully the new cloak or gloves will help. Besides enchanting your shield and chest for DEF you can also enchant your Cloak for it.
    Everything Boda said 100%, although I would point out that the original poster has the PvP shoulder enchant which allows him to drop to 536 defense and still be capped.

Just to avoid confusion .

Quote Originally Posted by Solemn View Post
    Everything Boda said 100%, although I would point out that the original poster has the PvP shoulder enchant which allows him to drop to 536 defense and still be capped.

Just to avoid confusion .
    Yes you are right doh.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

I'll agree on the gloves, but I think the belt represets a better gain than the cloak, I'm actually far more down on the cloak (even though it is BiS) than most. It's a nice upgrade, but it's, in my opinion, behind others in terms of an upgrade simply because the cloak is like a ranged wep, it's not as big an impact item as other slots.

I'm ignoring all other stats but sta and armor - so if you need them, they might swing your choice (though the much larger defense ratings on these items do minimize a chunk of the avoidence loss and the avoidance stat kept is larger than what you currently have so it's not a big avoidance hit), but generally those are the two most important and I think the others fairly well even out when you factor in the RNG nature of them.

The cloak is roughly 65 sta and 500 armor. Or ~100 sta gain (valuing armor at 11 armor to 1 sta which is the general rule of thumb)

The Kraken Gloves are 99 sta and 1200 armor or ~208 sta gain
    The Vergis Belt is 54 sta and 800 armor or ~127 sta gain
    Even Cataclysmic over White Knight is 49 sta and 1350 armor or ~173 sta gain

On a per-emblem chart (I don't believe in this, I say grab the best upgrade first, even if it take a little longer)

Cloak ~100 / 50 = ~2 sta upgrade per emblem
    Gloves ~208 / 60 = ~ 3.46
    Belt ~127 / 60 = ~ 2.12
    Chest ~173 / 95 = ~ 1.82

The chest is the least efficient, but overall the 2nd biggest upgrade. I'd suggest - future drops not withstanding
    Kraken Gauntlets --> Cataclysmic --> Vergis --> Sentinal Cloak --> Skeleton Key
    Last edited by Loganisis; 05-28-2010 at 11:20 AM.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Thank you for the replies!
    I did indeed dip below 540 def because of the shoulder enchant, & i gemmed for expertise to stay at 26. Not entirely sure why i did that. I think i went off of aggs prot warrior guide.
    Loganisis, thank you for the math!!!

+ Reply to Thread