+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I Ready For ICC?

Am I Ready For ICC?

Am I ready to go into PQ and later go into Lich king, I know I will be going with a good group because they are now 9/12 or 10/12 in ICC 10 so I would like to know If I am.

I'm currently working on frost tier and emblem gear.
    Just got my 264 belt not to long ago and now working on 251 legs then to shoulders then to helm then I will be going for my 264 trinket.

Am I ready? let me know.

A couple things I would consider changing straight up would be to get the set pieces of frost gear last, after getting the trinkets.. Get the Frost Key, and Triumph Glyph of Indom trinkets if you can't get your hands on Satrinas Impending Scarab..

10m Marrowgar drops Mace and Neck for you both are upgrades and the BOE Rifle that drops from icc trash is upgrade for ranged... Subsequently helping you get your rep higher to get the upgraded ring..

Get your BS up to take advantage of the 2 sockets it gives..

Looks good though.. Well met!

Would getting the 251 legs still go for them? since Its a huge upgrade from a 232 to 251. and the reason why I had the two 200 trinkets is that people said I needed more stam and they said I should get them. I have two 232`s Icks rotting thumb and ferver of the frostborn. I wanted to know about the legs because they are an upgrade and I was thinking of getting legs,trinket,shoulders,helm and then later probably but the 264 cata chest if I don't get anything better from raiding.

I wouldn't get the legs this early if I were you. Spending the 95 frost emblems on the cataclysmic chestguard is definitely the way to go (at least it was for me). kaydubbleu is right, you should definitely replace those trinkets ASAP! Get the 245 glyph (the extra armor is nice) and the 264 skeleton key. In my experience, ICC is all about armor. Stamina is a no-brainer, but definitely focus on armor. In terms of a frost purchase order, with your current gear level, you should think about getting:

-Skeleton Key
    -Cataclysmic Chest
    -You may also want to get primordials at this point to get the boots/legs crafted. I went with boots since I had the 264 Marrowgar legs already.
    -251 legs (if you want), as soon as I bought these, I got the 264's off of Marrowgar on ICC-25. But the expertise that they can give you is nice.
    -251 Shoulders
    -251 Helm. (Note that if you replace your current helm, your expertise will get crushed. With that in mind, your first sanctified piece maybe should go towards the legs, since they will compensate you for the loss in expertise.

If you get the glyph and cataclysmic chest, it will be an immediate 2k+ boost to your armor, which is very nice.

Also, may want to think about replacing that dodge/stamina gem with an agility/stamina one. Agility will give you extra armor, still adds to dodge, and will give you both AP (Armored to the teeth) and crit. It covers all 3 bases for warriors. I love em!

Might want to drop in one of those agility dreadstones in your belt as well, +9 stamina socket bonus is nice and it will only net to a drop of 6 stamina, while giving you all those agility boosts noted above.

Fervor of the Frostborn is a nice trash tanking trinket as well. When you get into ICC and make those massive pulls at the start, pop Shield Block and Fervor and you will have a full proc within 2 seconds, giving you over 7k armor for nearly the full 20 seconds. Very nice. Also a decent situational trinket for fast swinging bosses, like Saurfang after you get him down past 30%. Pop it just before you taunt.

May want to consider the armor enchant on your gloves rather than stamina.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Unforgivein

Sorry link armories man it is a pet peeve but people need to be able to see it.
    To Start over what has been said. No legs no chest. If you are going to spend your emblems spend them well. To start VoA 25 drops shuolders legs and gloves so why buy them first when they cuold drop before you save the emblems. The cataclysmic chest is not what you want for a warrior BiS is tier 10 4 peice with Pillars of might as the off peice. You shuold buy the skeleton key and start netting emblems for either your tier chest or your tier helm. Start buying up all the primordial saronite you see in trade. It is gonna hurt but farm gold for them as the pillars of might are your best bet for legs. The reason the cataclysmic chestgaurd is not a good buy is 1. our tier gear as warriors comes with bonus armor immediately and 2. the 4 peice bonus off warrior tier gear gives us another large CD that makes fights like sindrigosa and LK where you HAVE to have CD's to be able to survive at all doable.
    Your pick order as i see it for frost.
    Corroded skeleton key (dumping your brightbrew charm)
    Tier chest piece
    Tier helm
    Tier shoulder
    primordial saronite for Pillars of Might

thought I posted my armory my apologies

No problem just do me a favor dont buy the chestguard your tier 10 251 peice is almost as good and can be upgraded as you rock through ICC.

alright thanks for everyones input! wish me luck

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytankz View Post
    To start VoA 25 drops shuolders legs and gloves so why buy them first when they cuold drop before you save the emblems.
    Actually, it is only Gloves and Legs. No shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyffyr View Post
    Actually, it is only Gloves and Legs. No shoulders.
    Thank you sir i have been misinformed.

I would consider whether your guild will be doing hardmodes or 25 man. If not, you will never be able to upgrade your tier 10 251. In that case, the non-tier is better from an EH standpoint. You can get the non-tier pieces and still get the 2p bonus with helm and shoulders. That is my plan at least.

I started with The Black Heart, Brewfest/Glyph of Indom and BiS from heroics and triumph. Then I upgraded belt, cloak, Kraken gloves, corroded skeleton key and the Cata chest will be this week. I will be debating between Pillars of Might and T10 helm or shoulders next.

Part of this is because the 251 non-tier ICC chest and legs dropped while I was collecting the belt and cloak. Otherwise, the trinket may not have come where it did.

^^^^^Agreed. Which is why I said go with Cata chest over t10 in the first place. Another little side note of the Cata chest. You're already well under the expertise cap and if you replace that 245 helm, it'll be even worse. The Cata chest (along with having more armor/stamina/sockets) has loads of expertise which will help out immensely. And yes, unless you are running 10-man heroic or 25's regularly, there isn't really any point in loading up on the t10 pieces first. With all these buffs, 15% currently, it's VERY important to be at the hit & expertise soft caps so that you can keep your threat up and DPS can really unload on the bosses.

If you're only running normal, the t10 4-piece bonus (while it is awesome) isn't very necessary. I'm sitting at a little over 44k unbuffed health with just over 33k armor and there hasn't really been a fight that had me thinking "Man, I wish I had another CD because I just can't survive this". 25m's are another story, but with effective management of the cooldowns you already have (Last Stand, Shield Wall, Skeleton Key, Glyph on Indom, Shield Block), it isn't really a must have unless you are getting into hard modes. Also, 15% buff really eliminates the need for tons of CD's, I just can't remember many cases when I needed them (other than when the other 2 tanks died on Marrowgar-25 and it was just me eating those huge cleaves for the last 15% of the fight).

+ Reply to Thread