+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pvp/pve

Pvp/pve

I have been tanking since level 65. My gs has gotten to 5422 in tanking gear. Now I have a ton of triumph badges lying around waiting to be used. I'm debating about getting into dps for giggles. With the gear I currently have on a single target I'm doing about 1k dps as fury and I get about 1500 as arms. Probley because I just don't understand how fury works.

If I move into pvp and buy the triumph badge gear for pvp will I be sitting at enough resilance to not get my self face rolled? What arms spec works best for a pvp setup? Should I be gemming for resilance,arp or stamina? Or is strength crit a big thing to use. I have pvp'd but never on a dps class. I would most likely be playing with a ret pally. I know that's not ideal but it's who I have.

simply put, no you wont have enough resil from just pvp set pieces. you need some more pvp offset pieces like neck, bracers, belt, cloak etc. you also need some pve dps pieces to increase your dmg enough to where you can actually kill things. gem full arp and aim for 900-1000 resil if you are comfortable and usually have a healer. if all you can get is a ret pally teammate, i would suggest going into the 3s bracket and pick up a resto druid. ret/arms can work in 2s as long as your coordination is very good.

i would really suggest you read the complete arms guide and the fury warrior guide stickied to the top of the dps forum to get an understanding of pve dps as a warrior. maybe your spec is wrong or your rotation is wrong and can find out why your dps is low. it could also be a gearing thing if your dps gear isn't made up of 10/25 raid gear.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Thanks. My dps gear is mostly 200i with the weapons
    from pit of saron. The 232 axes.

Why is arp good for pvp. Wouldn't resilance negate the stacking of armour pen?

No resilience lowers damage taken but it does that on top of another reduction Armor. So since we cant cut through resilience we are going to go for what we can ignore Armor. Just make sure you have enough Armor Penetration to make it worth your while

So it's the same as pve. Stack as much armour pen as feasible. Thank you very much.

+ Reply to Thread