+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior PvP with Restal druid advice

Warrior PvP with Restal druid advice

I have recently dropped my tank offset and picked up an Arms PvP spec [main fury].

I think i have a fairly food spread of PvP gear, but would like some advice regarding gear/spec, because other than the wrathful and rated gear, I have only 2 obvious upgrades.

My armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rgath&cn=Sozin
    And my partner: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...h&cn=Moogarita

Our main problem right now is rogues and the prot warrior/healadin combo. Other than experience [which will come as it does] are there any obvious gear/spec changes I can make to help improve?
    [I know my partner has a weird spec, but her CCs are hugely helpful]

Any advice is hugely helpful, thank you.

US - Kargath - Sozin Arms PvP

rogues are usually a problem for warriors in pvp due to envenom ignoring armor, however with a druid partner they shouldn't be that big of a deal. when i was playing resto/arms up until a few weeks ago (2.1-2.2k rating) we would just cyclone/roots the rogue everytime dr was not on him. use intervene and then charge/intercept on the rogue while he has hamstring on him to let cleanse poison tick and to get ms onto him if needed. we didn't encounter any prot war/ h pall combos so i can't really comment on how to play against them.

your druid has a very weird spec for pvp. i would suggest the insect swarm spec since it will help burst your targets down. just have him insect swarm your target and when you get a good cc chain on their healer or ran them out of cd's just call for help and he should be on spot with moonfire and wrath spam.

you also run with alot of resilience in 2s if that's the set you use. i usually play 2s with 900-950 resil and switch pieces around for 3s to hit 1050-1100 resil since i tend to be focused more and my dmg isn't needed as much. i would use the crafted plate dps boots or ldw 25 boots in place of your pvp ones and change your relentless chest to the frost emblem one if you can. get rid of all those stam gems and gem full arp. you can check my armory to see an example of a good set. get rid of that rapid charge glyph and use the mortal strike one, its 10% more dmg on an attack you should be doing every 5 seconds. the hamstring glyph is kinda blah in 2s, i prefer sweeping strikes and macro it into bladestorm so i get maximum effect from it.

if you need strat help for pretty much any popular comp you'll face in 2s, check out http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=120489 . there's some nice tricks/tips in there along with basic strats to help any lvl of arena player using resto/arms.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Bootypress.net

Quote Originally Posted by Genome852 View Post
    Bootypress.net
    o.O
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Warrior/Druid guides from one of the top EU 2v2 teams.

Weird name I know. Ahaha.

A couple of issues, with your spec and gear. You haven't got sudden death. That's a huge FU to a large damage output/ Get rid of imp hamstring and put in to sudden death.

Next you dont really gem for resi or stam as a PVP warrior. Regim everything Apr in red and strength/crit in yellow and one pussant in blue (or two if u use chaotic meta, a nightmare tear is fine too). Your job as a warrior in 2s is to destroy stuff. If you find yourself dieing alot, make a macro that puts a shield on you quickly and goes defensive stance.

You need huge damage output as a warrior, to be successful in Arena. So regem all that stuff. You dont need 1k resil under 1800 rating really imho, espeically with druid. So feel free to use some powerful pve gear to kill stuff faster(theres no hard and fast rule of that though, some swear by 1.3k resi, others say 800 is fine). Remember Bladestorm within first 10 secs of a match can guarantee results!TM.

To beat rogue/mage teams u must never let them reset the match, no matter what (by that i mean you can't let rogue vanish, you do that by keeping a bleed on him and hamstring, and throw if he sprints, your druid must help if u get ccd, communication is key!). Also keep a shield on at all times, and just whittle away at them.

For rogue/healer team, (usually priest), you must be very good at turtling, ( that means go defensive , while you druid is cc;d), and bursting when you get the chance. il save disarm for when the rogue is on druid. when rogue focus on you use shieldblock revenge, when rogue is on druid, use recklesnes bladestorm.

To beat paladin teams, simply dps the person who doesn't have sacred shield, force forberance and then blow something up.

Ps. sorry for crap layout in my post, but i have given you nice infor if you can understand what im saying LOL

PSS. Standard glyph selection is usually bladestorm, mortal strike and sweeping strikes (for max burst damage, shouldnt need imp hamstrig at all with a resto druid partner).
    Last edited by Krays; 05-08-2010 at 06:49 PM.

Gem ArP. You don't need to gem resilience or pure stamina.
    Wrong meta (get chaotic skyflare or relentless earthsiege).
    Wrong glyphs (MS is a must have. Then either rend or SS glyph). Glyph of thunderclap? O_o
    Three points from imp HS. into 3/5 deflection.
    Last edited by Genome852; 05-08-2010 at 10:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread