+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank gear advice.

Tank gear advice.

Have a look at my gear and see what I should be aiming for next.

Since I currently have this spec as an OS, I'm not sure if I want to spend Frost Emblems on it yet, but obviously don't mind spending Triumph.

I'm low on gold, so crafting is really not much of an option right now.

As for instances I'm really just running random Heroics for Triumph badges and reg TOC for the Black Heart.

*EDIT* Ok, I've decided and due to the very low amount of late-night tanks on my server and the fact that I have a level 78 Warlock I think I am going to go for a Protection Warrior as my MS. Which means I will now be spending Frost badges, so please take that into account when helping me decide my gear. I've got x58 of them right now and around x40 Triumph.

Armoury Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lidan&n=Taerik

Appreciate the advice, thanks guys.
    Last edited by theDONI; 05-07-2010 at 05:50 AM.

Link to armory?
    Buy belt or cloak 1st then trinket. If your mt drops should come your way hopefully then just gem for stam except 1 for your meta. Triumph gear is good so get at least 2 piece for bonus then it's save those frosties for t10
    So long and thanks for all this fish

I'm a retard, it's been updated.

Well, I would guess that you know what upgrades you want and just wondering what order to get them. I am also assuming you are referring to heroic/emblem gear.

Just to make sure, you should go for:
    Chest
    Helm
    Shoulders
    Trinket

As to what order, that is more difficult. I personally take the approach of getting the highest EH upgrade as the first priority. Without doing the math, I suspect all of them will be pretty close as far as the differences in EH with the exception of the Glyph of Indom. That will be a HUGE upgrade from the Lavanthor's Talisman. That would be my next purchase if I were you. After that, I would probably go for the T9 chest, then the 245 shoulders, then the 245 helm.

Also, I think it is important to note, if you haven't already, go for The Black Heart in normal ToC 5 man. This is one you will want to have in your bags. If you do have it, use it over Lavanthor's.

EDIT:
    I guess I should have read your full post before replying, sorry. You mention you are already trying for The Black Heart.
    As for frost, I would make the belt your next frost purchase.

EDIT EDIT:
    Also, enchant your cloak, shoulders and helm. Argent Crusade helm enchant, PvP shoulder enchant and the armor cloak enchant.
    Last edited by sifuedition; 05-07-2010 at 02:35 PM.

My defense currently is only 528, shouldn't I focus on getting it to 540? Since the triumph trinket doesn't give any I was thinking of going the helm, chest or shoulders next.

Really appreciate the post! I'll have it here as a guide for awhile.

The PvP shoulder enchant has Resilience, which will compensate for a good chunk of your missing defense (I forget exactly how much at the moment and am to lazy to look it up).

The Argent Crusade head enchant has Defense on it.

Between the two, you should be more than covered.

I just won:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=49309#comments (Runed Ring of Binding)

Is it useless for me? I will keep it in my bag for resistances though.

Use that ring for physical damage fights in place of mark of relentless. 700 armor ain't that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread