+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moving onto the next warrior stat.

Moving onto the next warrior stat.

Hi,
    Sorry if I'm asking a question that has already been addressed point me to a url if you have a good guide to this please;
    Basically I'm trying to reduce the amount of damage I take at any one time. I know that it's a lot to do with making sure I have shield wall up at the right phase etc but I do seem to take more constant damage than similarly geared tanks.
    Obviously I'm over defence cap (I'm at about 558 without gems) I have 9% hit. I'm just wondering about dodge, parry and block now, is there a particular number I should be aiming at for those stats? I'm around 5 bosses in on 10/25 icc atm.

Many thanks in advance.

Foolish

Aka
    Vadica - Silvermoon EU
    Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...moon&cn=Vadica for reference.

EDIT: Okay, looking over your gear the most obvious is gems. All gems should be 30 stamina except the one in your helm, which would best be suited by 10 dodge/agi/expertise and 15 stamina, only to activate the meta bonus. Enchant cloak for 225 armor, gloves for 18 stam or 240 armor, chest for 275 health, because 10 stats will never scale enough to make it worth it. Weapon chains are nice, but you don't need hit and ICC bosses don't disarm, so use mongoose or blood draining.

Your spec needs work too, use http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc....12521030113321 instead, and change your glyphs to shield wall, devastate and swap out taunt and blocking for taunt fights. Minor glyphs are fine.

Since you have imp rend in your build I'd imagine you rend in your rotation? Don't, wasted gcd. Your priority system should be Shield Slam > Revenge > Shockwave/Devastate, with heroic strikes queued all the time when you have 40 or 50+ rage (normally all the time).
    Last edited by Dreadski; 05-06-2010 at 05:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

The only stats that will reduce the damage you take are avoidance, and armor. Being that there are several high armor pieces available, I would say get those if you don't have them already. All avoidance is subject to DR's, and trying to stack it to make a difference will cost you EH, so don't bother. Stack EH, and you should be fine.

If you don't know what EH is, head here: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...king-mechanics
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

You also might check the link in my sig.

As far as reducing incoming dmg without changing your toon (however, I agree with Dreador and you should take his advise, imo) one of the most important tools us warriors have is shield block. Against a boss that hits for 20k, shield block for someone with ~2k SBV is roughly a 36% damage reduction, almost as good as shield wall when glyphed against (although shield block obviously only works for blockable physical damage). It depends a little bit on how lucky you get with critical blocks and for the time period you have shield block up the % can go up if you get lucky and dodge/parry/miss a lot, but that doesn't really have to do with shield block.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Well chaps, I re-gemmed and re-spec. Created a spam for threat button macro, with SS, Reven, Dev, HS and all seems well. I just need to get some better gear now to keep hold of agro when stupid dps are facerolling.

Thanks very much for the advice. Oh and since sorting my gem's out I have gone over the 40k HP mark as well

Foolishstar

Not changing my chest enchant yet as I have 87 frost badges at the moment so I'll wait for my t10 before my enchant. Will sort my weapon out when I have more cash.

Thanks again
    Foolish

on that note, do you think the frost waist or chest should be more of a priority for me?

I'd say to get the belt first, but both are large upgrades. As far as the weapon....your weapon is pretty good, I wouldn't wait to enchant until a replacement came along honestly...Also, this threat macro disturbs me. I don't think you'll be able to put out what you're capable of by spamming one button. Separate them out to different binds and just hit them in a comfortable sequence. Run a few randoms to get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Re: Moving onto the next warrior stat.

Thank you very much for everyones help.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread