+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12-13k DPS fury looking to improve.

12-13k DPS fury looking to improve.

Up until now i have been doing what i thought was pretty decent numbers, generally being within the top 3-5 on saurfang (given bad RNG), but it has been brought to my attention that warriors with my caliber of gear should be pushing 16k. so im looking for suggestions on how i can improve my numbers.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5592&e=5827
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/14195340#damageout

these links are for our latest saurfang heroic 25man kill. i was getting tricksed for the first time, but i was not receiving a whisper from our rogue so i wasnt able to coincide my cooldowns with the tricks accurately. im going to be asking him to make a whisper macro for the future.

this is my armory
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Troublesome
    please be aware that i received heroic Cryptmaker after the linked kill, so on that saurfang kill i was using shadowedge in my main hand and normal cryptmaker in my offhand. i have since switched to heroic crypt in the main and shadows in the off as of this morning.

my rotation generally looks like this:
    -spam blood thirst (heroic strike is macro'd to blood thirst so i spam it to keep HS queued up, rage is generally never a problem)
    -use WW as it comes off cooldown
    -feed slam procs inbetween bloodthirst and WW GCDs.
    -generally i cycle through my cooldowns, using my 2 and 3 mins right away as deathbringers will procs, so theyll be up again in time for blood lust.
    -if lust is used right away, i speed pot. if lust is used later on, i use an iron pot right before the pull and use a speed pot when lust is used.

i am aware that i am not stance dancing to keep rend up, and that it would be a dps improvement. the unfortunate part is i am an officer in my guild so i do not feel i would be able to maintain the amount of attention required to do that while keeping an eye on all the mistakes being made by other raiders. is anyone able to give me an estimate on how much of an increase rending with the glyph and talents would be? we just got a feral in our raid again as of this week.

I am not entirely sure which forum to post this in, Halp, or DPS. so im posting in both. I apologize to the moderators and hope you dont delete both threads

Rend's not much a dps increase if it pushes back BT/WW. If you can do it quick in between cd's, it averages out to be higher than a non-crit hs, but slightly lower than a crit hs. I think of the stance dancing as giving up a hs, which more often than not will crit, so I find its not too worth it anymore. For you it might, since you have less haste, but like you said, you're watching your fellow raiders, so probably not worth it.

Get some more haste. Your stats are at the point now where haste scales fairly decently as it is the only way to increase the number of hs's. Rage isn't a problem anyway.

And you're gear is far better than mine (I'm a 12k guy), so take what I say with a grain of salt.

iv always been told that haste was pretty bad stat for warriors. the only items i would be after that have haste on them are Aldriana's gloves of secrecy, Shadowvault slayer's cloak, and Sindragosa's cruel claw, all of which are just RNG drops that i have to wait on. im certainly not going to gem for it, however landsouls spreadsheet is claiming haste is now better than agility, so i will be changing that.

haste is a bad stat for dps warriors, however it can become a good stat when the following are met:

1. hit/exp capped
    2. 100% arp capped
    3. soft crit capped
    4. haste now becomes an attractive stat to stack (10str / 10 haste gems in yellow sockets for example)
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

i have a crit calculating macro i snagged from the elitist jerks website a couple months back, and when im fully raid buffed its telling me that i am .07% away from the crit cap. however according to landsouls spread sheet i am just under 13% away from the crit cap. this is a noob question i know, but what is the crit cap (or the "soft crit cap")? landsouls sheet has it listed as 71.07%.

i also just tried swapping my 5x 10str/10 crit gems to 5x 10str/10haste gems and got a loss of 11 DPS on the spread sheet. so i must not be at the cap yet.

edit:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Room below crit cap: "..100-GetCritChance()-(27-(GetCombatRatingBonus(6)+6))-4.8-24)

is said crit calc macro.
    Last edited by thelittlevoices; 05-05-2010 at 12:55 PM.

the crit cap varies by what your other stats are. the formula is:

104.8 - D (chance to be dodged)- M (chance to miss) - G (chance to be glancing blow) = your crit cap

so, for a soft hit capped fury warrior (5% hit from gear and 3/3 precision) and dodge capped (214 expertise), the crit cap is:

104.8 - 0 - 19 - 25 = 60.8

glancing blows will always be 25%. chance to be missed while dual weilding is 27% (the dual weild penalty) minus your hit chance. so, if you are at or over 60.8% crit fully raid buffed without procs will make haste a better stat to stack over crit.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

i am terrible at math, so thank you very much for breaking that down for me with a simple answer at the end. very much appreciated.

just remember that not having expertise cap will lower the cap and any hit over 164 with 3/3 precision will raise the crit cap.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

that actually raised another question i had always pondered but was never able to find a definite answer on. as fury, do you want to expertise cap your offhand, if your mainhand is already at the cap? for example, and orc using an axe mainhand with a mace offhand.
    Last edited by thelittlevoices; 05-05-2010 at 01:31 PM.

it will mess with rage gen but shouldn't be a problem. it will usually be a dps increase since you can squeeze in "better" stats like more armor pen in place of that expertise.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread