+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yellow Gems and Expertise

Yellow Gems and Expertise

Hello everyone,

I am trying to keep a nice structured feel to my gems but some of the gear I am now getting is asking for Yellow Gems. As a DW Frost tank I have been fond of Guardians Dreadstone which fit red or blue and offer stam and expertise. Does anyone know of a good gem that would suit a yellow socket and compliment my DW Frost Spec? What gems should I use to ensure a stable frost DW tank spec?

Plus I want to make sure I have enough hit and I have been told I do based on my expertise, although a character audit suggest it needs to be capped (How can I tell my hit rating from my expertise? whats the ratio)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n&cn=Necroshen

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Thank you for the link but that does not really answer any questions I have asked and since you didnt actually write anything either it is a little difficult to know what conclusion to draw from your post

I was hoping for something a little more substantial and also relating to the questions I asked

Thanks once again.

What he ment to say was: Your a tank. You dont need anything besides +30 Stam. More stam you have the better the tank you are (not really, but thats what everyone is beginning to believe)

Reason behind stam stacking after you hit 26expertise (dodge soft cap) is the more Hits you can take without getting a heal the better. You aren't always going to parry or doge an attack especially in ICC with the -20% dodge debuff.

Help your healers out and stack as much stamina as you can. That comes to say without losing your threat capabilities. You can't take anything if your dead or if you can't hold threat on it.

Well, if you really need the socket bonus, you could go for a +hit/stamina gem if you aren't capped.
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Carterhova View Post
    What he ment to say was: Your a tank. You dont need anything besides +30 Stam. More stam you have the better the tank you are (not really, but thats what everyone is beginning to believe)

Reason behind stam stacking after you hit 26expertise (dodge soft cap) is the more Hits you can take without getting a heal the better. You aren't always going to parry or doge an attack especially in ICC with the -20% dodge debuff.

Help your healers out and stack as much stamina as you can. That comes to say without losing your threat capabilities. You can't take anything if your dead or if you can't hold threat on it.
    That's not exactly accurate, but mostly yes, that is true. As a tank, you stack EHP (which is both stamina and armor). Since you can't really gem armor, for EHP gemming you put in stam gems. If you want a more in depth reason as to why you do this, check out this thread: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...g-mechanics%29
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

The Topic of why to choose stam is exstensivly covered here
    Why We Do What We Do

Expertise and hit are largely regarded as "threat" stats. The only reason you will have threat issues are DPS Out-gear you by tons and even then only if your not using your build/rotation/abilities correctly.

In short Gem only stam except to activate your meta which could then be a Stamina/expertise combo in one red slot in a high stam bonus 2 socket item.
    As a tank you are designed to hold aggro and will have no troubles doing so provided you use every global cool down honestly.

EDIT: Darn you Agg i wanted to link your awesome threard that may or may not be bookmarked for easy ctrl+c possibilities

Lol, I only beat you by seconds!
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Stam, stam, stam and when you think you've gemmed enough stam, gem more. Even GC acknowledges that players don't take socket bonus' seriously.

"Because some gems are changing color, you may gain or lose some socket bonuses you have now. In general, not many players take those very seriously so hopefully it won't be a big issue".

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24702...t-gems-become/

+ Reply to Thread