+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where do I spend Frosts now?

Where do I spend Frosts now?

Once again I'm turning to the brain trust here to help me with my gearing dilemmas.

First off, here's my armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ar&cn=Destrier

So far I have managed to pick up three pieces of the t-10 set. The 251 Helm and Shoulders. I also lucked out and managed to win the 264 t-10 gloves in a VoA pug.

I have also managed to buy the off-set pieces that I wanted so far. Including the belt, trinket, and cloak as well as the Gauntlets of the Kraken which are not currently equipped.

But I'm closing in on 95 frost emblems again, and I'm unsure where to go with them. I don't quite have the cash to have the pillars of might crafted yet. I guess I could keep saving frosts until I have enough to buy the saronites to craft the pants. I could also buy the t-10 251 pants and swap back to the Kraken gloves. Or I guess, I could actually start upgrading my sorry ret set so I have a decent off-spec set when needed.

Currently I run as MT for our guilds 10m ICC every week. We are up to Putricide, and I think we will down him this week. I occasionally get into an ICC 25 pug or gold bid, but I have yet to score any good upgrades or Marks this way.

So I need your advice. From what I've read so far, I understand that 2pc t-10 bonus is worth it, and 4 pc is not at my current level (251-264 gear). So optimally, which 2 pieces of t-10 should I wear? Helm/Shoulders? Helm/Gloves? Gloves/Shoulders? I really like the + hit on the t-10 gloves as I have been running pretty low previously. My head is kinda spinning with the choices right now. I'm suffering paralysis by analysis.

Any help appreciated.

Ty, Des

Run with head/shoulders. Use your gauntlets of the Kraken.
    You don't need the hit rating unless you have threat problems, which if you do, then the problem is much deeper than gear choices.

Your helm and shoulders are fine, I agree stick with those. While the gaunlets of the kraken are marginally better, the pillars of might are WAY better. Since you're nearing the end of needing frost emblems, I'd honestly use them to get the rest of the saronite you need to make pillars of might. Once you build emblems up again then go ahead and go for the gauntlets if you have nothing else to buy (which you wouldn't).
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Actually, I already have the Gauntlets of the Kraken. I bought them before getting the 264 t-10 gloves from VoA.

Then by all means, go for pillars of might.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Also, the Cataclysmic Chestguard is better than the T10 251 chest. However, I am not sure that it is 95 emblems of frost better as far as the priority for spending your frosts.

I looked into the same things as my guild will likely not get to do 25m or hard modes. The 264 non-tier is better across the board given that limitation. I found that if I get all of the non-tier, I can still get the 2p bonus with helm and shoulders so that is my plan.

EDIT:
    The best way to decide now would probably be to find the EH calculaton and find out which upgrade would give the biggest EH upgrade and go for that next.

He has the cata chest, I checked.

+ Reply to Thread