+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Class To Level? (Picked Warrior As Prefix-Is not apart of the post)

What Class To Level? (Picked Warrior As Prefix-Is not apart of the post)

Well I was thinking about leveling a brand new toon up in my spare time, Just wanted some opinions on what class/race combinations I should choose.

I know i know, "I should play what I want to or what you think is best for you" I know that, But I don't care what class to level because I like a challenge and learning a new class.

Please give opinion on what I should pick, with why I should play it, Maybe there isn't many of that class/race or there isn't a lot of people that play them that are good, ect.

give me your opinion.

P.S Ill be leveling with BoA`s probably and ill be using a quest helper.

Feral Kittycat, meaning Druid specced feral as DPSer.

It is the challenge to work it out properly, sure aint seeing anything like Arcane Mages two button spam.

edit//

It takes time and alot practise to gain anything near high / top dpsers on feral DPS.

Heres a sample of how they roll. (there is no rotation)
    This is a priory list than the 1st one should be up before you do another ability.

(starting with Mangle/or anything that you use from Prowl [Stealth ability] and getting Savage Roar up)
    1) Savage Roar up (adds with glyph 33% dmg buff)
    2) Mangle up (nowadays its 1min buff, but you will be using this to add more combopoints anyway)
    3a) Rake up (not overall always but it rather be up least up 80% of time)
    3b) Rip finnishing move (if savage roar is up this should be up 99% of time with Savage Roar)
    4) If one bleed (Rake or Rip) is up and clearcasting Proccs use Shred [Its a Backstap-rogue ability] it can crit up to 10k mine does about 8k
    (im currently on 4,2k GS on feral kitty)
    5) If Rip has over 6-9 seconds and savage roar up 15 sec, while your target has five combo points use Ferious Bite [Its Eviscerate of Cats]

While doing thies matters, you need to be able move around and feel whats coming in encounters, aswell using feral charge ability to get back dpsing boss, or on heroics if tank misses a mob get aggro away from healer with this.

It can take up 50hours practise get the figures right on DPSing dummy.
    Proplem is that this is messed up playing it can be quite a challenge, but if you use too much time on encounter doing the right thing.
    Either you die, or DPS meters just going terrifying wrong.

edit2//

For leveling this wouldnt matter anyways. But this class + specc is quite instresting aspect of playing game.
    Last edited by Paranoid; 05-04-2010 at 10:43 AM.

Thank you for the reply, I understand the cats they are sorta like rogues, I have been pushing my self to make a horde shaman so bad but just haven't decided what race to make it.

For Kitties: sometimes it is better to get a ferocious bite and lose a few ticks of Rip. If specced into the -18 energy talent, Shred becomes your main attack. Hit mangle only when you can't get behind the unit or to refresh the debuff. Use berserk when 70+ energy, Tigers Fury on cooldown (usually). And never forget that crits add double CPs to mess you around a lot

If you are looking for challenge, I consider Kitty to be quite nice.
    If you are looking for a great time levelling, I'd try warlock or hunter. Warlock is nice because there are more classes you can level with the BoA items in case you don't like it. Leveling a ranged class with a pet is nice. Add in the ability that locks have to play around with mana/hp for almost no downtime(life tap, health funnel, cannibalize-if undead, healthstones), ever. And no need to worry about "happiness". The demon is merely one of your tools...

thanks for the reply

Levelling a hybrid tank/heal class to be a DPS seems silly to me. If you want to stealth around stabbing things in the back, be a rogue. I'm levelling a druid because I like being hybrid, I already have a healer (my shaman main) and want a tank--I found low level paladins too boring and warriors too frustrating and DKs lame, so I went bear. Rawr.

For fun levelling, definitely a warlock. Great at solo play, really cool abilities, you can keep going forever with little downtime. At a certain point you get to where you can leave a trail of death behind you without stopping. And when you get seed of corruption you get to BLOW STUFF UP and be the bane of every tank who hasn't gotten a solid grasp on AoE threat yet.

Aff lock leveling becomes super silly with the siphon life glyph, and uber silly when you get haunt. In reality. If you want to dps, any class is as good as the others. They are all easy to play for the most part. For a personal rule of thumb, I prefer to level classes that can heal themselves. Warrior is fun, but having to bandaid is a pain in the butt.

Warlocks are cool because they blow stuff up so well.. and can sort of heal themselves depending on your setup, without paying the hybrid tax of less cool abilities and less choice in DPS playstyle.

Trog--I've found myself almost unable to play characters that can't self-heal. I have an 80 shaman, 74 warlock, 31 druid, 30 paladin... and below that a smattering of lvl 5-20s (hunters... mages... rogue... warrior) that I can't seem to get into. No self healing = please kill me now

My main is a warrior. Leveling was boring and slow for me. I've had more fun on other alts. That said, once I got to 80 and started getting some gear I've had a good deal of fun with it.

I have leveled and gone further with my priest in 2 months than I have with my warrior in 6.

It's fairly hard to suggest something without knowing anything about what you wish to do when you eventually hit level 80 (if anything). If you are unsure about this I would suggest a Paladin or Druid. Seeing as you have 3 solid roles they can fill in very well. Paladins are tedious to level at first, druids a bit restricting in my experience. I never managed to get past the late 20's leveling as Balance on my Druid, and Feral just isn't my thing. I have a Rogue, disliked leveling that as it is.

If you want something challenging (at lower levels half the challenge is waiting on the blue bar to grow ever 3 minutes), but incredibly fun, I suggest leveling a Mage. Be warned, though. At level 80 as things are now they get boring very quickly in a PvE environment in what is currently the most viable spec (Arcane). You'll be using about 5 buttons most of the time.

Shamans are very fun to level as well. I have a personal preference for Elemental, yet most swear by Enhancement for leveling. They kill fast, have little downtime, able to heal and have lots of cool stuff to play around with.

If you want speedy leveling, with almost guaranteed lack of downtime, ability to solo 5-man group quests in Northrend and want to blaze through mobs with no effort at all, level yourself a Blood DK.

If you are looking for a challenge, I would say a Priest is a good choice. Even though mine never got past a lvl 23 Auction-/Bankcharacter.

Quote Originally Posted by Errvalunia View Post
    and below that a smattering of lvl 5-20s (hunters... mages... rogue... warrior) that I can't seem to get into. No self healing = please kill me now
    Umn there is good news, have you noticed that you can gain first aid up to 225 skill level at 15 level? That means you can use Heavy Runecloth Bandages, those heal up to what 2000 health in 8sec (250hp per second). Your alting so you might afford to buy potions and use them?

Yep you just dont need healing abilityes to be VERY effective on selfhealing, like rogues can gouge enemy and then bandage boom you gained like 50% health.

edit //

Warriors and Rogues: you can enchant one heirloom to Crusader and switch weapons middle of fights, if potion and bandage are on cooldown;
    -Warriors, I had on one realm one warrior on level 30+, but I cant remember much since it was made on vanilla.
    I get this feeling that mobs going down fast enought that you wont need much healing abilityes. Dunno but aswell Bandages and Potions with Crusader enchant, im pretty sure you dont need to worry about the healing that much.

-As for Rogues, well you gain somewhere around level 22 vanish and you can pick your fights pretty much.
    Like soloing Stockkade, Boom kill one mob vanish. (NE:shadowmelt) or check two packet mobs, sap another kill another then using bandage etc..
    then killing the another.
    Wola 1k XP per mob. (not quite sure XP figures, I been soloing Stockkade mobs while waiting PuG to kill down the rested XP)

Mages, you gain somewhere near 20ies mana-shield, as frost mage -> you dont need to see any dmg done to yourself, when enemies are snared. (Frostnova+Blizzard this set is just perfect when using manashield, if you get attacked. "Oh noes I am nearly oom." -Use mana-gem. = Happy Ending)

Hunters; well your pet will take from level 10 - 80 soloing over 90% dmg done to you and precious pet, aswell you do have pet healing abilityes. After level 20 you gain aspect of viper and again you wont be getting OOMed if you can use it effective between chance aspects.
    If you get nearly dying, well use bandage to yourself / pet with the HoT ticking on pet, just make sure pet keeps threat.

As you see, selfhealing abilityes are far overrated.
    Last edited by Paranoid; 05-05-2010 at 03:10 AM. Reason: typo, edit //

+ Reply to Thread