+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Pally - mocked for gear and low hp

Prot Pally - mocked for gear and low hp

I've only played WoW for about a month or so. I have a 46 mage and a level 50 pally. The pally has been my main toon for the past couple of weeks.

When not questing, I instance (a lot). I never die and healers haven't been bitching at me about it being tough to keep me alive so I thought I've been on the right path.

Thing is the other day this priest just ragged and ragged about my gear and how I have less HP than a mage. The guy just wouldn't stop. Being new, I didn't really know how my char stacked up to other pallys at my level so I thought I would fish for some advice here.

Are my stats more or less where they should be? Is my gear a bunch of crap? What I'm wearing I've picked up from drops.

TIA

Armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...thas&cn=Yezhov

Some people are just jagoffs. The mage was probably someone's twinked out alt and had enchants on everything. Given that you have only been playing for a month and how fast gear turns around I wouldn't worry too much about it until you hit Northrend.

At level 50, don't sweat it. Tell them to F off then place them on ignore. There's 11 million people playing WoW and 10.5 million of them are asses. Google "greater internet fuckwad theory" and see how it applies to games. Anyway, read up on some guides on this site and better prepare yourself for level 80.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

There are alot of people that have heirloom items now that provide an obscene amount of stats for their character, way more than what is needed for leveling. Also, there are alot of people that have a bad taste for pugs in their mouth because of heroics at level 80. Do what you want to do. If you're not dying all the time and the majority of healers aren't complaining then you're doing a good job.

Ok, thanks for the advice all!

If someone is in PvP heirlooms (or even pve heirlooms) and you're not they can pass you in HP. Happens to my paladin on a diff server than my main who has no heirlooms all the time.

All that matters is whether or not the healers can heal you, and you can do a decent job of keeping threat against an intelligent DPS

and intelligent DPS are much easier to tank for than unintelligent dps. It seems like alot of people have forgotten to actually stop attacking for a second if they get aggro.

At level 50 gear is an interesting issue. It's hard to get truely dedicated tanking gear, because itemisation of stats is all over the shop until wrath. There's the odd defense item that drops, and the bag of useful vendor trash sometimes has something good.

But in general, anything you can get from a dungeon boss is likely to be fine. Snatch all the vaguely tank looking plate you can. Ignore the tards.

If you want more stamina, look to the Clefthide armor kit for your pants. This is a nice chunk of stamina and agility (30 stam + 10 agil). This shouldn't be necessary though. My lvl 52 warrior has 4k hp with only a few enchants (I do have clefthide armor kit) but has been somewhat lucky with drops and has only leveled in LFD so he has gotten pretty high quality drops as well. I notice your belt is leather. Be careful with that. The armor and stamina are both important and likey, a plate piece with a little less stamina will be better for you because of the extra armor.

+ Reply to Thread