+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Mongoose/Bladeward/Blood Draining.... Why pick any of them?

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    Slightly offtopic, but have people noticed that Titanium Plating got a lot better in the patch?
    That's very smexy for my PvP shield and hold the line.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

i just went with accuracy. as stated above, the short of it is tank wepon enchants are kinda meaningless till cata, so i might as well be hit and expo caped. that, and the crit isnt bad to have. accuracy and crit food offer a nice amount of added crit when combined. since im all about threat gen, its a nice bonus to have imo
    "Dear Santoro, Your wisdom has enlightened me. Thanks!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    As posters above have said, it sorta doesn't matter right now. However we here at tankspot still will insist on using the most optimal stuff, no matter how minor an increase it is lol.

Also about +20 STR, the parry you get from it is so small and only 40 AP. Avoidance is still RNG, Dodge is still better than Parry, and Stamina is still better than them all.
    Negative, Ghost Rider. Parry and Dodge now diminish at the same rate and give the same amount per rating, but parry has additional synergy with Hold the Line for Warriors, which your forum title indicates you are. For that reason Parry is superior to dodge for Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    Slightly offtopic, but have people noticed that Titanium Plating got a lot better in the patch?
    I disagree. Given a choice, I would NEVER enchant purely for avoidance and I'm not going to start now. The old Titanium Plating was more handy from a damage reduction standpoint and a threat standpoint.

Anyway, my contribution to this thread (For Warriors)- At the current conversion rates of Mastery, the trend toward hit capping for tanks, and the fact that survival in any current Raid, Heroic or otherwise, is pretty much a joke (assuming you were already farming before 4.0), I'd recommend Accuracy. It frees up 25 hit from gear to reforge to Mastery, which is an EH boost as critical blocks are huge right now, especially while Shield Block still boosts Block Chance to 100 percent. If you can hit shield block for a guaranteed block and get enough reforged mastery to make it like a 40-50 percent chance of a crit block, that's a HUGE EH boost.

Of course, if you're not worried about your threat/getting hit capped then still go blood draining and reforge other stats to Mastery, but if you do want to get as much hit as you can I'd recommend accuracy so you can reforge elsewhere as reforging is the only way to get Mastery atm.

+ Reply to Thread