+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something bad always happens to me when I pop my wings healing

Something bad always happens to me when I pop my wings healing

idk y but (for the sake of sticking out a boss fight) when I pop my wings to increase my healing on my paladins (yes, a draenei and a belf, both healadins, a bit undergeared, but can handle heroics fairly well), something bad happens to me. For example, in Trial of the Champion (5 man), I was gonna save the wings for the 2nd boss but I was in a pissing contest with a friend so when the 3 sets of mobs popped out, our tank pulled all 3 sets and I popped my wings to flex some healing muscle. (This being on my draenei). As fate would have it, one of the priestesses mcs our mage who then spell steals my wings and wipes the group. (I kid you not)

Then on my belf, I popped my wings to push it out on first boss of FoS and I wasn't watching the boss' hp bar(since I watch other bars) and as soon as I popped wings(making myself unable to bubble), the boss does his little fear followed by the aoe + slow and I died fast thankfully the dps killed him shortly thereafter.

Should I be a little more responsible with wings popping? It seems I or my group always die when I pop my wings.
    Speak out! Ask for Stargate Atlantis to be brought back!
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA/

Ugh. You are jinxed.

Usually only I suffer when I pop my CDs. Rogue, priest, warrior(apart from Shield Wall. Shield Wall hardly lets me down).

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

That's just how those things go. When I'm on my shaman, say... on Marrowgar, I'll pop Bloodlust at the time I'm told to... then promptly bonespiked so I don't get to take advantage of it.

Same thing with wings, or hymn of hope or tranquility... something always happens to me it seems. Just something that happens sometimes. Personally, I don't pop my wings in heroics anymore, except Phase 3 of the Black Knight or the ICC 5 man heroics... I simply don't need them (moderately geared, not super geared by any means on my paladin)

My problem is when in my enhance offspec, something always happens to prevent me from actually using Shamanistic Rage, my mana-return cooldown. 15 seconds of mana returns on melee attacks, lets go hit something! ...no, nevermind, X mechanic means I have to run around like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Valandris View Post
    idk y but (for the sake of sticking out a boss fight) when I pop my wings to increase my healing on my paladins (yes, a draenei and a belf, both healadins, a bit undergeared, but can handle heroics fairly well), something bad happens to me. For example, in Trial of the Champion (5 man), I was gonna save the wings for the 2nd boss but I was in a pissing contest with a friend so when the 3 sets of mobs popped out, our tank pulled all 3 sets and I popped my wings to flex some healing muscle. (This being on my draenei). As fate would have it, one of the priestesses mcs our mage who then spell steals my wings and wipes the group. (I kid you not)
    Why did you pop wings? You have other CD's available to help mitigate the extra incoming damage being caused by the large pull your tank made. Pull out your bubble and run a proper non-auracanceled DG, maybe run a HoSac on the tank at the same time if he seems squishy.

Then on my belf, I popped my wings to push it out on first boss of FoS and I wasn't watching the boss' hp bar(since I watch other bars) and as soon as I popped wings(making myself unable to bubble), the boss does his little fear followed by the aoe + slow and I died fast thankfully the dps killed him shortly thereafter.
    Looks like you got busted not paying attention... and what do you mean you popped wings to push it out? Did you simply pop wings for more pewpewlazersbigprettynumbArz?!? That's pretty much never a good idea, especially considering how important wings can be for offsetting a divine plea.

Should I be a little more responsible with wings popping? It seems I or my group always die when I pop my wings.
    Before you start a boss fight, you should be very aware of any set points in the fight where you will need to use your bubble, and plan accordingly.
    "Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld."

Quote Originally Posted by Suriell View Post
    That's just how those things go. When I'm on my shaman, say... on Marrowgar, I'll pop Bloodlust at the time I'm told to... then promptly bonespiked so I don't get to take advantage of it.
    Yeah, BL on Marrowgar always sees our #1 DPS up on a spike. Or our Healadin. I actually got to see this fight as a DPS. Wow, crazy. I do have to admit that having tanked it for---ever....I know how to avoid fire!
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Suriell View Post

Same thing with wings, or hymn of hope or tranquility... something always happens to me it seems. Just something that happens sometimes. Personally, I don't pop my wings in heroics anymore, except Phase 3 of the Black Knight or the ICC 5 man heroics... I simply don't need them (moderately geared, not super geared by any means on my paladin)
    Mmm, Festergut 25. I got every vile vomit except two. Including one right after they'd blown hero. It's WoW luck. Some people just lucky and some are just unlucky. (By the way, I subsequently got 4 mutated infections on Rotface).

As far as using wings. I, like many Holy Paladins, tend to save wings for use with Divine Plea. Before I really got into healing on my Paladin, I also looked at wings and thought "What an amazing healing CD! I'll use it when I need a bit of extra healing!" At lower gear levels this may or may not be true, but I've found that even at lower gear levels, Holy Paladins still heal for incredibly powerful amounts. The problem with an undergeared Holy Paladin will almost always be casting speed and mana, not healing size. As much of your healing will be overheal anyways, it could turn out to be a mathematical waste of the ability to use it to up your healing power rather than to use it offset how Divine Plea lowers your healing.

Exceptions are Dreamwalker, and possibly Festergut if you're still gearing.

p.s. don't use wings on the first boss of FoS unless the fight is getting really drawn out or it's in the beginning. The same can be said with the second boss. If you don't have the hp pool to withstand their spikes on you, you'll want bubble available just in case.

Well, when it comes to luck. when I'm on my mage in PiS heroic, I usually get 80-90% of the Overlord's Brand debuffs, meaning I do almost no damage in that whole fight. Very annoying.
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Strit View Post
    Well, when it comes to luck. when I'm on my mage in PiS heroic, I usually get 80-90% of the Overlord's Brand debuffs, meaning I do almost no damage in that whole fight. Very annoying.
    I get them on my Paladin and my Warlock. But, on my Paladin, I also always get them with the Warrior tank that charges back into his soft enrages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulia View Post
    I get them on my Paladin and my Warlock. But, on my Paladin, I also always get them with the Warrior tank that charges back into his soft enrages.
    So many tanks do not understand the mechanics of the fight and are unwilling to admit it. "The boss got really big and knocked me away from him, across a debuff that conveniently slows him down when he's going POWER.... OVERWHELMING. Hmmm, I'll just charge back in!"

Any tank can charge back in out of habit, but if I see a tank do it every enrage I want to slap them. Or just let them die. But I'm too lazy to run back.

+ Reply to Thread