+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just some Advice about my gear?

Just some Advice about my gear?

what is the cap for hit rating? and also is there anything i can change to get a bit more hit rating also without losing stam. i was gonna get Mark of Supremacy to replace Ick thumb or my beer maidi one until i get Corroded Skeleton Key for stam. what do guys reckon? also im trying to get the neck from either toc10 or HOR if it drops for me.

And just to see if there could be any changes about my gear

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=D%C3%BAnedain

Cheers thanks

Ignore hit rating unless you are having threat issues.

Get The Black Heart trinket from reg ToC 5 man, pair it with the Glyph of Indomitability and you are set for a while. Replace the Black Heart with the Corroded Skeleton Key when you get it. Don't vendor your trinkets, hold on to them.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Get the black heart to replace Ick's rotting thumb and keep the beer trinket for now until you can replace it with the skeleton key. Glyph of Indomitability is for ppl worried about GS. the only tank it would be good for is a bear. besides the armor proc fromt he black heart goes off more than you think it does and is way more valuable than Glyph of Indomitability static armor. Nor should you get the +hit trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by uglie View Post
    Get the black heart to replace Ick's rotting thumb and keep the beer trinket for now until you can replace it with the skeleton key. Glyph of Indomitability is for ppl worried about GS. the only tank it would be good for is a bear. besides the armor proc fromt he black heart goes off more than you think it does and is way more valuable than Glyph of Indomitability static armor. Nor should you get the +hit trinket.
    Uninformed post. Glyph of Indom is an excellent trinket for it's level, and if you think having more armor is bad...well I don't know what to tell you other than do your research if you're going to post such strong opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by uglie View Post
    Um...this is wrong. Armor is an amazing stat for ANY tank. The only correct statement here is do NOT get the +hit trinket. Glyph is a very strong trinket. Armor can be roughly equated to stamina in effective health calculations as ~11-1. This means that 1700 armor would be roughly equal to 154 stamina. Armor does not help for magic damage so there are situations where armor is not a big benefit to you, but in those cases, the proc from The Black Heart is also not going to be any good. The Black Heart is an awesome trinket. However, you cannot control the proc and so it has a few limitations that make some other trinkets better at least situationally.

Your best bet for trinkets is to get The Black Heart and pair it with Glyph of Indom until you get the Corroded Skeleton Key or Satrina's Impending Scarab to replace The Black Heart. For magic heavy fights where survivability is really an issue, which is usually only raiding, you might use Brewfest plus Black Heart until you have a better stam trinket than Brewfest. Then, it just depends on how much physical damage you are taking. Brewfest plus CSK may be better situationally if the armor proc on The Black Heart is not doing much good.

As to the rest of your gear:
    Go for the PvP shoulder enchant.
    Armsman is not very good. You would be much better off with the 18 stam or the armor enchant on gloves.
    Don't gem for parry. You are better of with agil/stam, expertise/stam or even str/stam, although, I would not recommend the str/stam.
    Get the armor enchant for your cloak.
    Try to swap out the def/stam gems. Obviously, watch that you don't go below 540 (or 537 with the PvP shoulder enchant), but defense is pretty weak after 540. You would be better off with pure stam in those sockets in most cases.
    Try to also get the stamina enchant on your shield when you can. If you need extra defense to remain uncrittable, the shield and the cloak enchants are the best place to pick some up first, so you may need to keep the defense you have.
    For the weapon, try to get the 26 agil one if you don't want to spend a lot on that weapon because you think you will replace it. If you want to maximize it, go with Blood Draining or Mongoose.
    Last edited by sifuedition; 04-30-2010 at 09:42 AM.

the only tank it would be good for is a bear. besides the armor proc fromt he black heart goes off more than you think it does and is way more valuable than Glyph of Indomitability static armor.
    No, as stated above. Just no.

btw i never said armor was bad. hence why i love the proc from the black heart. here's my "uninformed" info on the black heart VS the glyph. lets compare the similar stats, armor. black heart proc stands at a 7056 armor proc which from my experiences is up more than 25% of the time. meaning that for the armor on the glyph to be more damage reduction over the entire fight that it would have to have more than 25% of 7056. 1792 / 7056 = .25 (25%). so overall you'll be taking less damage over the fight with the black heart based solely on the armor. Now for the other 2 stats. stamina and avoidance. and most fight which are you going to prefer to have? more stamina or more avoidance. As for me, i'd rather have stamina. now there are specific fights that avoidance is better, for those fight, i'd have to go with ick's thumb and Eitrigg's oath.

I'm just going to go ahead and say that I don't think you understand the argument. We said Black Heart + Glyph = win, not one over the other.

Thanks for the help

+ Reply to Thread