+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Tank with 2 Prot Specs?

Warrior Tank with 2 Prot Specs?

Hey I'm working on my Prot Warrior through the dungeon finder and had a question for when I start raiding. I want to stick with tanking and wanted to know if some prot warriors dual spec having one spec for Heroics/Trash and the other for Raid bosses? I heard a prot warrior on a podcast saying that he has 2 tank specs with minor changes to talents and glyph that help more with AoE/Single target threat.

If there are different specs for Heroics/Trash and Single Target Boss fights, can i please get the links?

Thank you for your time

Its not so much trash vs boss, more of a threat vs pure survival build.

Where as with a (trash) threat build, you'd glyph Shockwave, Blocking, Devastate, Cleave, Thunderclap,Vigilance and such to prop up your threat gen, you'd glyph Shield Wall and Last Stand in a survival build. There are a few talent choices as well, ie: dropping Impale and Deep Wounds to go down the Fury Tree and pick up Commanding Presence to max out your Commanding shout.

I played with it a bit when in Ulduar and doing some hardmodes, Firefighter being the one that really stands out for me, but unless you are working on hardmodes and really feel your survivability lacking, its really not needed at all. If you still want specifics I or I'm sure others can whip up some talent trees for you and such.
    60% of the time, I work all the time...

Thank you Aesir

I heard that the 15/3/51(2 extra talents) spec is the best threat spec is that true? If so then what is the best survival spec?

Another question I had was should I just be stacking +30 Stam gems or get other kinds such as hit and expertise?
    Last edited by Negoseth; 05-04-2010 at 09:34 AM.

Hit and expertise are threat based. Gem stam for survival. I run the typical survival-based spec if you want to check my armory. Specs that pick up deep wounds are considered threat specs, so the 15/3/51 and variations of it are threat.

Personally. i wouldnt waste both of my specs on tanking. I would go and try dps'ing. Its really fun, and you can gear fast due to instant queues from tanking

+ Reply to Thread