+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fester: What to do while not tanking?

Fester: What to do while not tanking?

On most 3 stack fights, there isnt much downtime, but on Fester I have a full 90 seconds to dps. I was curious as to what other tanks, specifically warrior tanks, do during this period.

I run around behind him, switch to battle stance, and then clumsily use items familiar from my arms spec; Rend, Heroic Strike, Execute, etc. I also continue to keep T clap, sunder and demo shout up, and I'll throw in a Shattering Throw when we blood lust.

Am I missing anything? Should I be switching to a 2h Weapon? Is there a solid dps rotation for a prot spec warrior in battle stance?

Thanks,

Intervene MT when it is up. Threat is definatly an issue for me during this time. I typically ramp up my dps/tps as the OT gets more stacks in the form on SS and devastate.

Battle stance > SS, Devastate and Shockwave are your biggest damage doers. Otherwise keep up tclap and demo, throw some intervenes in as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I personally don't go behind although I have seen videos of tanks doing this. The reason I don't is that tank deaths tend to be sudden and I want the boss position to be right if I need to suddenly pick him up. As a pally, I click off rightous fury and hand of salvation on myself. Then I just continue with my rotation except I start using Judgement of Wisdom instead of Judement of Light since I am not receiving heals. Unfortunately, I really can't be much help on warrior dps advice.

Swap in slow dps 1 hander and spam Sunder in Battle Stance.

As a DK, I switch to Blood Presence, keep diseases up and spam Heart Strike. As a Pally I do what sif does, except, I'm usually judging wisdom all the time when I tank, since there's usually a holy pally in raid with me.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

One note: I'd be careful with the timing of your intervene. I once wiped a 25 man raid by intervening at just the right moment to get my 10th stack.

It was totally embarrassing.

And don't forget Shattering Throw when it's time for Bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceba View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, guys.

One note: I'd be careful with the timing of your intervene. I once wiped a 25 man raid by intervening at just the right moment to get my 10th stack.

It was totally embarrassing.
    That would have caused a lot of laughter in my guild, but we are pretty friendly and it definitely would have gotten you teased a bit =)

A minor note, we switch at 8 stacks just for this reason. If I am at 8 stacks I have a healthy dps buff and it is easy for me to accidentally pull aggro and get a ninth, although, I have not done it.....yet, lol.

When he's in Execute range switch to zerker, pop recklessness, and spam execute with a slow 1h.
    -------------------------------------
    killing faster means sleeping more - Thedom

Quote Originally Posted by JollyWarrior View Post
    When he's in Execute range switch to zerker, pop recklessness, and spam execute with a slow 1h.
    Execute is not based on weapon damage, you might as well use a caster sword. Also, you'd probably do more damage just using the SW, Dev, SS rotation in battler. Furthermore, IF you use execute, use it in battle stance. You get more benefit from the 10% arp than the 3% crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread