+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to ICC

New to ICC

My guild will be starting ICC next week and I was just wondering if there is anything that I can do gear-wise or talents to help insure our survivability. Here is my armory page.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarlet+Crusade&cn=Rocklpox

Thanks for the help.

1. As a Tank you never gem for resilience or Strength. Tanks Gem for Pure Stam or if anything else +Def Rating/Stam or +Expertise/Stam

2. You are under the expertise soft cap (26) which could cause problems for your threat inside ICC.

3. Your back is ilvl 200. I believe there is a 213 back from badge gear that you can get. Or you can saved for 60 Frost Badges and get the cloak from the vendor, which is almost BiS and you will be using it for a while.

4. There are still a lot of upgrades that you can get from ToC 10 and 25m. Make sure you are also running VoA10/25 every week for frost badges and chance for t10 or t10.5 to drop.

5. Depending on your healers and your other tank your guild could probably get through the first 4 bosses after that I can't gaurantee anything else. If you wish to continue I would recommend killing the free badge to the right and your best bet at killing another boss in ICC is with the Blood Prince Council.

I won't bother looking at your spec since I don't know a lot about Prot Warriors

I got you bro this is easy stuff.

Gemming
    All stam.

Talents and glyphs
    your spec is perfecto so do me a a favor and fix the glyphs. they seem to be whatever you found cheap on the AH. Get glyph of devastate, glyph of blocking, and that last glyph IMO shuold be glyph of sheild wall.

Gear
    Back
    Use honor and get this
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=51356
    it beats your cloak has hit and GOBS of stam

Trinket
    Onyxias is bad for nearly all ICC fights (suarfang is teh exception) Essence of goassamer beats it but, i wuold get the blackheart. The armor proc is ~6% melee damage reduction and it has 126 stam from a trinket you can farm in one night (normal mode dungeon just que from Dungeon finder and farm that beast)

Boots
    2 optiions both easily obtainable
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=49795
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50207
    The sollerets are repeat farmable being in a normal dungeon and the sabatons are quite sick.

i know 4/12 seems so little but i am confident that with good compisition you can get very deep into icc. plus thingsd can drop from it and frost emblems will start the piling work into it man you got this.

New to ICC

I do have the black heart in my bags. I just didn't feel right getting rid of the armor proc and easy def bonus. As for the glyphs, I will change em around. As for the feet, I was saving for the 232? Feet that are crafted with the primortial saronite. Are they not worth it then??

Gag order is must have for me. I'd get rid of anger management and puncture. Rage won't be an issue in ICC. You spec'd into improved disc so you should get the glyph of last stand and shield wall.

I also find glyph of indom and black heart to be way better than purified heart.

That's the only thing glaring I see. Your enchants could probably be switched a bit (weap and shield specifically)

Quote Originally Posted by Carterhova View Post

5. Depending on your healers and your other tank your guild could probably get through the first 4 bosses after that I can't gaurantee anything else. If you wish to continue I would recommend killing the free badge to the right and your best bet at killing another boss in ICC is with the Blood Prince Council.
    If your group has been able to run ICC before you came along, you could definitely tank Fester/Rotface. We've had to use our fury warrior's prot offpsec before (with most of his gear 232 heroics/badge stuff, a couple 251 pieces that our tanks had passed on the millionth time they dropped)--before the buff we couldn't keep him alive through Festergut, he would just get roflstomped so hard it wasn't even funny. With the Wrynn buff, its no problem. I think with a competent group you'd be fine up to Prof P

Quote Originally Posted by Errvalunia View Post
    If your group has been able to run ICC before you came along, you could definitely tank Fester/Rotface. We've had to use our fury warrior's prot offpsec before (with most of his gear 232 heroics/badge stuff, a couple 251 pieces that our tanks had passed on the millionth time they dropped)--before the buff we couldn't keep him alive through Festergut, he would just get roflstomped so hard it wasn't even funny. With the Wrynn buff, its no problem. I think with a competent group you'd be fine up to Prof P
    Wow Good Point. Sorry Completely Forgot about the new 15% buff when i was posting this.

Well I thank all of you for the help. I have taken about a year off of WoW and just getting back into the swing of things. (I used to raid back in Classic) Maybe just a bit of wanting to not let down the group so I figured I would get a second opinion of my gear and such.

Wow Good Point. Sorry Completely Forgot about the new 15% buff when i was posting this.
    The 15% buff is a super big help, especially at ROLFstomping your way through the content you have on farm. And its major at helping barely squeeze past progression bosses you've been struggling with. For my guild, working on Prof P., I love it x1000000

I have quiet a similar problem so I don't think I need an own thread.

I quit WoW some month ago and returned because I have more time to play now.

I had to create a new char (def warrior of course) and I'm currently doing my best to become ICC 10 PUG ready:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...re&cn=Executie

The gloves will be replaced by T9 245 because I got a spare token. The new one will get an epic gem (I currently have some real gold issues after buying my fast gryphon and the swordbrakers). The shockwave glyph will also be replaced soon (I like it in heroics).

I won't farm the black hearth . Sorry but I used to do it for my old warrior AND deathknight, no more pdc!

My problems are that I only have 5.041 GS (PUGs want ~5.200, god I hate that addon) and that I don't have any experience in ICC. I visited a friend some days ago to watch the first four fights but I still don't have any achievements etc.

So do you have any suggestions how I can perform ICC 10 PUG raids ASAP?

Moved to HALP!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

1. As a Tank you never gem for resilience or Strength. Tanks Gem for Pure Stam or if anything else +Def Rating/Stam or +Expertise/Stam

2. You are under the expertise soft cap (26) which could cause problems for your threat inside ICC.

3. Your back is ilvl 200. I believe there is a 213 back from badge gear that you can get. Or you can saved for 60 Frost Badges and get the cloak from the vendor, which is almost BiS and you will be using it for a while.

4. There are still a lot of upgrades that you can get from ToC 10 and 25m. Make sure you are also running VoA10/25 every week for frost badges and chance for t10 or t10.5 to drop.

I won't bother looking at your spec since I don't know a lot about Prot Warriors
    I'm sorry your heart is in the right place, but you're a bit confused on your priorities.

First, all gems should be 30 stam, except for one red socket with the biggest stam bonus possible filled with a purple gem to match your meta bonus. All enchants should be either armor or stamina except for chest which should be 275 hp. The Ony trinket is garbage for ICC, you need either black heart from toc 5, glyph of indom from triumph badges, or satrina's impeding scarab from toc25. Weapon chant should be blood draining or mongoose. Overall you need to max out your HP and armor as high as you can.

Spec: Use http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LAM00f...idczsGo:cdTMom the only things that are really interchangeable are glyph of taunt for blocking, or you could take 3 points from shield spec and put them in focused rage. That or take 2 from imp disciplines and put them in focused rage. It depends on the encounter.

As for the expertise softcap comment, take it with a grain of salt. The thing is, warrior or any class's threat is based mostly on their rotation, secondarily on their spec. If your threat is bad to begin with more offensive stats like hit or expertise will not help you at all. I tanked most of ICC 25 before getting my boots with 15 or 16 expertise and 0 problems at all. Had I not canceled my account I'd have replaced my chest with the tier one and lost even more. Surviving is job number one, threat should be a nonissue the way blizzard created the game. Fights are about timing abilities and moving properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread