+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kinda New Druid Tank Needing Help/Advise

Kinda New Druid Tank Needing Help/Advise

Well Ill try to say this in the most intelligent way i possibly can. Out of sheer boredom, and winning random epic drops in heroics, i decided to dual spec my lovable boomkin, and pick up a tank offspec and gear set.

I currently have around a 4500 GS Set, (Not that i condone the GS mod, its just a referrer), my stats are something like 32k hp self buffed with GoTW in bear form, 37% dodge, and around 29k armour.

So ive been mass farming the older heroics that came out before the new ICC 5 mans, and for being a noob tank, i do pretty darn well.

Then the horrors begin,........i get queued for Heroic PoS or HoR, or the other one, cant remeber name right now.

I do my best, keeping my aggro, LoS pulling when appropriate, etc. But for some odd reason, i get CRUSHED in the newer heroics, and i mean BAD!!!! My HP drops like a ton of bricks if i have aggro over 3-4 mobs, and as we all know, its a must in like H PoS on the hill leading up to the tunnel, with the flame bringers and extra mobs.

I constantly get griped at by healers , saying, ARE YOU EVEN WEARING TANK GEAR OR ARE U A DPS GEAR WEARING NOOB TANK??????
    GAH!!!!!!!!!!! I cant stand that.......

so, im looking for a reasonable explination as why a decently geared tank, IMO anyway, gets perfect runs in older heroics, and when it comes to the new ICC 5 mans, i get literally slaughtered.

Any help would be awesome, and im also up for any constructive critisism , I dont claim to be a l33t tank, like I said, im pretty new to druid tanking, but ive played DK and also Paladin tanks up thru Yogg in Ulduar.

Thanks Again and Happy Gaming

btw, char name is Kilmadore on Firetree US

I will tell you that The new 5 Man halls of reflection on herioc is a nightmare I use it to TRAIN my guys for composition fights. The fact of that matter is unless you are focusing down in a high priority each mobs (preist>rogue>warrior>hunter) your eating so much damage it is hard to stay up. You almost have ot rotate cool downs on each wave.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&cn=Kilmadore

there is the armory for another feral to give this guy a hand gear wise

(ps log in tank spec before asking tank help )

I sit at 35k hp unbuffed as a warrior depending on what i get gruop wise i usually hover around 41-43~k hp and i die alot not becuase i lose aggro not becuase i dont use every cool down note becuase the healer is undergeared the fact is you have to DPS down the mobs because the Incoming damage is ALOT it is a very difficult encounter that my gear doesnt really outdo yet. I am sure tanks with bonus armor laugh at this place but until i get some really nice gear i cant do anything but flounder. Sorry for the large anecdotal rant but, I am just trying to let you know that one is harder than snot and you shouldn't be to hurt that your wiping.

yea i just noticed i logged out in main spec boomkin before maintenance, ill be sure to relog in tank gear as soon as servers are back up, as i plan on honing my skills a lot in near future.

i can pretty much summarize my gear....... 4 piece tier 9 set, 232 ICC 5 man heroic helm, shard of the crystal forest neck, 232 heroic bracers, tanking rings ilvl 200-219, tanking cloak, orca hunters harpoon ilvl 232 with mongoose, rep boots from argent crusade i believe, as as for trinkets, i have no tanking trinks yet......working on badges/offspec raid rolls to fill those spots......and i believe the tank cloak form leatherworking....

thats a general summarty, and as for gemming, i have the tank meta, enough to meet its requirements, then stacked 30 stam epics, and stam fur lining on bracers from LW

Yeah Gear and enchats you will be fine grab an essence of gossamer and a black heart from dungeons they will do you good( like an extra 3k hp for a druid)

well i thought the culprit was going to be not having enough dodge, but ive seen better geared tanks with the same amount of dodge and a larger health pool, and they pull out just fine, and im with you, when u said the new ICC 5 man heroics hit HARD!!!!!! guess i just need to invest some time and money into getting better tank gear before i go and tackle anything ICC related

Well the others should be easy when you get those new trinkets (that armor proc and the 3k HP will really help). Tanking is a really hard thing to jump into i am glad you are coming here for help when i get a look at your gear i will have more to offer but other than that you seem liek you are fine.

well ive always wanted to do druid tanking, and i have Ulduar/TOC 25 experience with DK tank and Paladin tanks, but it seems the druids mechanics and playstyle are a lot different than what im used to playing, but so far, its been a blast, even in the older heroics i already find myself chain pulling like a madman like any other comfortable tank that knows the heals and dps can keep up.

Im gonna steal your thread some=)
    I have about the same gear yours is a bit better, and i have tanked HoR, PoS and the other icc 5mans without wipes. With that said it might be cause of really good healer and high dpsers but i havent had to much complaints about my tanking in the ICC 5 mans.

Now to my question!
    I have come to a stand still! Where should i be looking for gear now? its kinda hard for a 4.3 something GS druid with less than 35k hp to get in to ToC and so on. I know i hardly have any enchants and i could get a better back and a new trinket but apart from that what more can i do? Any help appreciated and tell me if you dont understand my dilemma and il try to refrase(dont know how to spell that..:P). armory link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...sper&cn=Fifaan

Thanks Fifaan!

Fiffan there are alot of options for you right now. Necklace has a great one for 19 conquest emblems pick it up (shuoldnt take more than a night) same for your belt. Essence of gossamer rather than that DPS trinket. Cloak there is a crafted (runs 150-250 gold) a vendor (platinum mesh cloak) or a third and slightly maligned option wrathful gladiators cloak of victory. I recommend just farming some honor for it or if you are a PvP gear is for pvp just get the platinum.

Thanks for a quick response!
    the trinket i am already farming but since i can only go once a day its gonna take a while Whats the name of the crafted cloak and the 19 conquest neck?

+ Reply to Thread