+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior: 4pc T10 ilvl 251 vs non-set ilvl 264

Warrior: 4pc T10 ilvl 251 vs non-set ilvl 264

I'm indecisive between these two chardevs:

(1) http://chardev.org/?profile=402815
    -or-
    (2) http://chardev.org/?profile=402886

option 1 has 4 pc T10, but they are all ilvl 251 and will never be 264.
    option 2 has badge chest and gloves plus helm and shoulders from 2nd and 3rd boss in ICC 25.
    4pc T10 bonus is 12,000 dmg absorption every 1 min (60k raid buffed * 0.20)

so the question is if the 12K dmg absoption every minute is worth taking over option 2's: +1K hp, +10 expertise, and +1,600 armor?

the slots in consideration are helm, shoulders, chest, and hands. All the other gear I already have.

I believe this was covered in another thread. To summarize though, from an EH point of view 4pt10 is only worth it if you have access to t10.277 tokens. So go with 2piece + 264 offset.

so then, updating the chardev, would you say that
    (3) http://chardev.org/?profile=403247
    would be a best choice?

I could buy the chest and T10 gloves now with badges and then just wait for the shoulders and helm to drop. I also changed the enchants on cloak and chest.

No, the crafted legs are BiS and the easiest piece to get. For the 2 tier pieces, it's up to you between the helm/gloves or helm/shoulders. The alternatives for the shoulders are the Gunship ones (easy to get the 277 version if you've killed LK), and for the gloves there are the Frost Emblem ones.

I already have the 251 legs, i'm not trying to maximize my gear, i'm trying to maximize the 4 slots I need to replace: helm, shoulders, gloves, chest.

The best way you can maximize is by getting the crafted legs. Even if you're not trying to, it makes the gear selection for the other 4 much easier by picking up the Pillars. I myself made the same mistake you did and bought (ok VoA'd) the t10 pants because I was on a server where obtaining 8 Primordial Saronite would be difficult at first. I still replaced them because the Pillars are that much better, leaving the t10 to rot in my bank. I can't really give you advice on suboptimal sets.

I understand. thankyou for your input. those leggings would set me back about 10k gold since I would have to purchase all my primordial. I guess the best i can do right now is buy the badge 264 chest, T10 251 gloves, and then contemplate spending that much gold while I wait to see which of the shoulders and helm drop first in ICC 25, then hopefully have enough badges by then to purchase the T10 for whichever doesn't drop.

Here is what I am planning on my pally and I suspect would work well for you as well:

I can't see my guild doing 25s or hard modes before Cata. We are struggling with Putricide due to some less than stellar raiders who are still fun people to have around.

It sounds like you will not be getting Trophies so you are not doing 25s or hard modes. In this case, your T10 4p bonus is not better than the 264 non-tier. Since I will not be able to upgrade to 264 or 277 tier, my best that I figured in order is:
    Verdigris Belt
    264 cloak
    Kraken Gloves
    Corroded Skeleton Key
    Cata Chestguard *
    T10 Helm
    T10 Shoulders
    Pillars of Might

Working on getting the Cata Chestguard now. The reason for this order is that while I was getting the cloak and belt, I got the 251 non-tier tank pants and chest from drops. Just from a measurement of the stats improvements per piece, this pushed the chest and legs down the list for priority. I try to upgrade whatever will make the most difference next. The bonus armor on each of the upgrades made them a higher priority upgrade from an EH standpoint (except for maybe the Pillars of Might but those will take a LOOOONG time to acquire with my guild's raid patterns). Check on this site and you should be able to find the EH calculation. Check the upgrade of each piece and take whatever is the best upgrade next. This site also has numerous links to an upgrade list that has the priority already figured based on a current T9 setup.

The caveat to this is if you are having threat issues. If you do, since you already have the pants, you might go for your 2p bonus early for the dmg/tps increase. Since most tanks do not have threat issues, this is unlikely. Also, if you are having threat issues, checking your spec/"rotation" will likely be the better resolution.

Unless you have access to the 264 gloves, don't buy the tier set, buy the offset. Get your T10 shoulders or Helm if you need t10 pieces. To tank in ICC, you should get the Cataclysmic Chestguard and the Pillars of Might crafted (yes, it sucks... but the price of primordials has dropped very drastically). Those two pieces dwarf the t10 pieces at the 251 iLvL in terms of EH, and will last much longer.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread