+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking to get into tanking again, just need some general tanking and gear advice.

Looking to get into tanking again, just need some general tanking and gear advice.

Ok, so I haven't tanked since Warriors were so horrible at it back in BC (pre-patch) and didn't tank too many raids even back then. (besides kara and ZA)

Here's me in my tanking gear that I've managed to pick up while doing heroics and such, I know it isn't the best but it can get me into heroics and some low raiding as an OT.

Armoury: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...idan&cn=Taerik

What I'm looking for is some gear advice, like what specific heroics I should do for some specific pieces of gear. Or even if a certain stat isn't high enough and so on. Also what I should spend my emblems on (still using Frost for fury, but don't mind spending Triumph)

I'll also need gemming advice, as well as enchanting.

And a biggie, is what spec I should go. I'm mainly looking into tanking heroics right now and OT raids in the future. What spec is best for this?

Lastly, and probably the most important is advice on actual tanking. Are there any guides out there that help me out as to what skills I should use in certain situations and all that, just general tanking advice. I always considered myself to be a competent tank, but obviously time has passed (AoE tanking used to consist of spamming tab with sunder, not TC like it is now)

I think that's all I really needed to say, if you have any other advice it will greatly be appreciated. I look forward to the responses!

Thanks!

You would think with the lack of tanks in this game that help would be given when asked, did I post this in the wrong forum or something?

To make it easier, can someone just link me an up to date guide on Warrior tanking? I'll take it from there.
    Last edited by theDONI; 05-02-2010 at 09:00 PM.

Looking to get into tanking again, just need some general tanking and gear advice.

Everything you need to know is here and has been discussed in these very forums.

To answer you question on what spec to go for heroics and OT raiding, well, it doesn't matter. If you are tanking anything as a warrior, you do it in protection spec only. To do so in any other spec will minimize the amount of threat you put out.

These forums and their guides have been an incredibly valuable tool for getting my tanking up to speed since my return to the game when wotlk came out. Left the game before BC came out. Use your armory to find upgrades to the gear you have and do it by iLevel and it'll tell you where you can get upgrades from, so you'll know whether you have to obtain it from a raid or heroic.

Don't get so upset either when people haven't responded in 6 hours from your initial post. Nothing wrong, maybe people haven't got the chance to read it yet.

Patience young Skywalker.
    Need more rage. I can't do that yet. That spell's not ready. Not enough rage.
    Mäcintosh/US/Aggramar/Bloody Rage

Check the link in my sig, it has links to SEVERAL gearing guides for all levels of gameplay at 80. Using those you can pretty much map out your entire gear setup from just getting 540 defense to end game. Most questions asked can be answered through the links provided in that guide.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

So when were warriors horrible exactly? Granted we didn't have the crazy AOE capability of a paladin (if you were inexperienced and didn't know how to aoe tank properly) but there was never a point where I felt underpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Actually on occasion Dreador i fell OP. PVP last stand shieldwalling Enrage regerneration'ing with a trinket and a pot along with a health stone combined with blood craze as 200 dmg crits roll from a rogue i feel like Arthas himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytankz View Post
    Actually on occasion Dreador i fell OP. PVP last stand shieldwalling Enrage regerneration'ing with a trinket and a pot along with a health stone combined with blood craze as 200 dmg crits roll from a rogue i feel like Arthas himself.
    That's what I'm saying, I mean we gimicked our way through Tidewalker and Hyjal trash with a prot pally, but guess who was toe to toe with the boss every time? Answer: the most experienced, best geared tank. Which happened to be a warrior. There were nights we didn't have our pally as well, and we did fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

You use prot we holy/prot lolstormed our way there (Shockadin is the affectionate term if i remember right)

Pallies have always had a distinct edge in AoE tanking, but that doesn't mean warriors couldn't do it. For almost all of WoW, warriors were the preferred tank. There was a few month span in Ulduar where DKs were just OP as hell and they were used to main tank a lot, but I think now the balance is fairly even.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread