+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear selection

Gear selection

So currently I am sporting Scourge Reaver's Legplates and Fleshrending Gauntlets.

In my bank I have Ymirjar Lord's Guantlets and Ymirjar Lord's Legplates

The question is, should I keep on the better geared pieces or downgrade a little and go for the four piece T10 bonus? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Zheva - Deathwing server - The Midnight Marauders

well, the 4 pc bonus is just that, a bonus, the fact of the matter is that if you gear properly, the 4 pcs of t10 actually are BiS for you, but that's assuming sanctified level i think at least. If you have a shot at getting the sanctified pieces I'd say just hold off until you get them. The reason for this is that assuming your trinkets/non-set pieces are also BiS, the hit and expertise from both pieces are actually required, looking at your armory though you have a TON of hit, which is not really an optimal stat, especially when you've got the mark of supremacy equipped. There's no reason to be using that trinket if you've got 448 hit, drop it and use ANY trinket for better dps, hell the mirror of truth is probably more dps than that thing. The only time the mark is useful (and this is barely debatable) is when you need the hit to remain hit capped for yellow sings (only 163 as fury! you're at 448! that's almost 300 hit rating stat allocation points being suboptimally utilized!)

Mirror of Truth
    Banner of Victory
    Even the haste trinket is better than that Mark.

(sorry for turning this into an armory discussion but i had to look at your armory to see why as a fury warrior you didn't need the expertise/hit from the 2 t10 pieces you linked and instead could use 2 haste pieces).

Look at it this way

from those legs that you're using you gain:
    161 str, 3 sockets, 108 crit, and 84 haste, but have to socket A LOT of expertise in your other slots, which could otherwise be used for ArP.
    if you used the t10 legs you'd get
    148 str, 2 sockets, 96 crit, but 80 expertise. that's 4 gems you could be utilizing elsewhere that are currently expertise and instead roll them into ArP. so lets look at the net differences

scourge reaver gets you: +13 str, 1 socket, 12 crit, 84 haste
    the t10 legs get you : +80 expertise

assuming that you'll take that 80 expertise and recommit your gems to +20 arp, you end up with
    scourge reaver gets you: +13 str, 12 crit, 84 haste
    t10 legs with new gemming: +60 arp (1 gem worth of 20 arp disappears because it makes up for the extra socket of the scourge reaver).

you're currently at 74% arp, it's high enough that ArP probably takes precedence in SEP over Str, and definitely over haste. it's a pretty close comparison between the 2 pieces in terms of dps assuming you regem properly. Combine the +60 arp you're gaining with the 84 from say banner of victory and the 60 from the swap out and you'll gain 10.29% arp, putting you at 84.4% arp, combined with arp food, you're gonna be touching very close to the arP cap as you get better gear. (namely your chest as well, which can be purchased from the badge vendor or using the t10 chest which is better itemized for more arp/crit and no wasted hit).

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Thanks for the feedback. Basically you mirrored many of my thoughts. Just as an FYI, after several years as a tank only I switched to DPS in September. At that point I needed that damnable Mark of Supremacy. Since then my hit has soared to ungodly proportions and I've had horrible luck picking up trinkets. I'm going to cry if I lose out on Deathbringer's Will one more time. I just recently got enough badges to get the legs and tossed them in the bank with the gloves which is when I got to wondering about downgrading to take advantage of the four piece bonus and the ability to regem those expertise gems back into ArP.

Getting the marks in my guild to upgrade to Sanctified is fairly easy if only they dropped more often. I don't know about other servers, but it seems that protectors marks drop only about one in ten in comparison to vanquishers. For example, last night between Saurfang, Putricide, and Lana'thel we had zero protectors marks. Last week we had one. The week before that zero.

At any rate, thanks again. I really do appreciate it.

yeah in 25 mans we hardly ever get protector marks, luckily for me 5 back to back to back to back to back to back protector marks dropped for me once we started doing 10 man hardmodes =P

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread