+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need bear tank aoe advice!

I need bear tank aoe advice!

Hello,

My main has been a resto druid for some time, but I've gotten bored of healing lately. Like most I have numerous alts and I've done every role in WoTLK except tank, so recently I dumped my unused boomkin off-spec for feral tank spec. In my current gear I have no issues with mitigation or holding agro on bosses or dual mob pulls. The issue comes when there are 3+ mobs in the pull. I can't hold them all. I've looked through all my abilities multiple times and the only aoe threat builder I can find is swipe which is on a 6 second cooldown. Other than that I can maul and hit 2 targets. Demo roar doesn't appear to generate any threat. At least that's what my Threat Plates addon reports when I demo-roar a group. I don't actually gain any hate until I swipe.

Anyway, when you're in a PUG with 3 ICC-geared dps'ers and they give you .005 seconds to build threat on a 4-pull before each individually picking their own target and lobbing in the biggest, nastiest dps opener they have, good luck! At least I can't see to do anything about it.

Any advice? An actual aoe rotation would be very helpful. Basically all I do now is Feral Charge->Swipe->maul->taunt the first mob that peels off->maul->sigh as a 2nd and then 3rd mob peel off->Swipe->hope nobody complains that I held agro for maybe a half-second through the pull.

Tab target...let dps die...These are my not-so-helpful suggestions. I'm leveling a resto shaman, and have stopped healing dps that repeatedly and on purpose ganks threat from the tank. Sometimes, I warn them. Sometimes, they just....die.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Basically that's it. When making trash pulls, try and LOS if you can to force casters to you. If not, Maul and Swipe every CD, then switch targets and use Mange and Pulverize.

use the maul glyph and spam swipe.....bears are the kings of aoe tanking atm, but its more than likely just stupid dps.
    www.blessthemartyrguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledknight
    use the maul glyph and spam swipe...
    there is a cd on swipe now, you can't mindlessly spam swipe for aoe threat anymore...

once cata comes out and you hit 81 you learn thrash which is on a 6 second cd and will help with aoe threat for bears. until then you gotta play like warrior tanks pre-shockwave and learn to tab target using swipe as your thunderclap.
    Last edited by Destruyen; 11-25-2010 at 05:24 PM.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

1. Glyph maul
    2. Tab target
    3. Use swipe when off CD
    4. FFF targets each time its off CD - its free and its great threat
    5. Warn dumb dps to wait
    6. Let dumb dps die if they dont wait

Edit : I'm going to REALLY REALLY REALLY enjoy watching all these ppl die come cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by xenogriff View Post
    Edit : I'm going to REALLY REALLY REALLY enjoy watching all these ppl die come cataclysm
    Yep, me too. *Confession of a 40 year old shaman* I've been warning the dps that they will die if they choose not to hit the same target as the tank. Damned Kindred Spirit BM Hunter.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

+ Reply to Thread