+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: dungeons finder/pug horror storys

H AN has "lets pug the achievement for the first boss"
    I've actually pugged this on three of my 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Errvalunia View Post
    As a levelling tank, it can be excruciating trying to walk the knife-edge between having people scream GOGOGO and hunters pulling for you and demanding you save them, or pulling too fast and having your healer run OOM and bitterly blame you for the wipe.
    I find the opposite more excruciating, it's fun having to manage my mana with a tank that's constantly moving on my shammy healer alt but occasionally I'll get a tank who likes to stand around for minutes at a time and I honestly want to be that guy that starts pulling.

I've found by far the worst part of leveling up is that I've just hit the level range where the DKs start and they absolutely love pulling aggro, running things around rooms, death gripping mobs off our prot warrior for no real reason, etc.

I was in an ICC 10 guild run and we had to pug my off tank. I start bringing Precious back and face her away from the raid when the DK tank..in frost presence...uses Icy Touch and she faces the DPS and healers. I had to explain to him afterward (keep in mind, I only have one 80, being my pally tank) that Icy Touch is, in fact, a taunt... Oh wait a night.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyss View Post
    I was in an ICC 10 guild run and we had to pug my off tank. I start bringing Precious back and face her away from the raid when the DK tank..in frost presence...uses Icy Touch and she faces the DPS and healers. I had to explain to him afterward (keep in mind, I only have one 80, being my pally tank) that Icy Touch is, in fact, a taunt... Oh wait a night.
    Precious and Stinky don't have cleave effects so it's not really a big deal where they're facing... now, if they pull off you before their mortal wound stacks drop off and end up un-healable that's definitely a problem. But it's not like popping Army on a dragon boss and making them go whirly-whirl all over the place breathing and tail-whipping everyone. That is why AotD sucks so bad

Oh gawd my DK's pop Army in violet hold and back up to watch the effects.

Contrary to the belief that heroics are 20min dash to the finish, I decided to help out some guys from a fairly new guild on the server. So it's going alright, until we wipe on the first boss. At that point the healers complaining about why it's so hard to heal, then he's like oh I'm under the haste cap I'll just go re-gem, being the good citizen that I am I waited for about 30mins while he got his gear re-gemmed. He comes back and we down the boss, and then eventually get to the last boss, this guy is still complaining about how hard it is to heal. Until he realises "oh I'm in my balance spec" changes specs "now I'm over the haste cap."

I'm an ICC 10 HM tank, with 46k hp I shouldn't be hard to heal. T_T

D: !!!
    Last edited by Eraser; 05-06-2010 at 07:09 PM.
    The best way out is always through!
    Eraser - Ragnarok - 10 Man Strict - Gundrak Server

Quote Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
    Contrary to the belief that heroics are 20min dash to the finish, I decided to help out some guys from a fairly new guild on the server. So it's going alright, until we wipe on the first boss. At that point the healers complaining about why it's so hard to heal, then he's like oh I'm under the haste cap I'll just go re-gem, being the good citizen that I am I waited for about 30mins while he got his gear re-gemmed. He comes back and we down the boss, and then eventually get to the last boss, this guy is still complaining about how hard it is to heal. Until he realises "oh I'm in my balance spec" changes specs "now I'm over the haste cap."

I'm an ICC 10 HM tank, with 46k hp I shouldn't be hard to heal. T_T

D: !!!
    "hard to heal" is relative. If I cast a HW in my enhance spec because I'm running with my boyfriend's new 13k HP holy pally who gets killed by anything that looks at him funny, it feels SO SLOW and so... terrible.

If you're used to your heals going WHAM! WHOOSH! and very dramatic, big numbers very quickly it can be startling to have your heals suddenly really slow because you're in the wrong spec and don't have the talent that makes your big bomb heal cast .5 sec faster

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdorrior View Post
    I've actually pugged this on three of my 80s.
    Well, I won't pug this on my server when all I want is 2 frost badges and some fun.
    Basic strategy for this seems to be: let's aggro the whole room. Tank tankz, heal healz. Witnessed this on my rogue and on my priest.
    Negotiation of strat for this consists of a simple "achief" castily typed into party chat while some DPS aggros the whole room.

Today I had another spell of OK for my 2 welfare badges. I've started to do the WHOLE instance. Always. I usually have at least one group member who gets the "completed OK", "completed OK H" achievement. Same goes for HoS. I can't help it, I like OK. It has interesting pulls, the bosses are interesting, there is trash that still can kill you to death and you can show some mad skillz. I especially like how I'm always the first one to escape madness and bombs the others free. And I always carry the in-dungeon-daily-quest with me and share it with the others.
    Especially the pulls with the casters next to the two orbs are intersting. I'm trying to perfect my technique of placing those mobs exactly into each other. They still stand a few inches apart.

That's propably another horror story my groups can tell.
    OMG! ICC25 EQPD TANKZ MAEK US DO WHOLE INSTANEC AND GIEF US ACHIEF FOR BOSZ I DUN NO UNT XTRA MONIES. OH NOES.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    Especially the pulls with the casters next to the two orbs are intersting. I'm trying to perfect my technique of placing those mobs exactly into each other. They still stand a few inches apart.
    Charge one caster and pop Heroic throw on the other, they all come in melee range for TC+Shockwave.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

I ding'd my warrior out last night and had enough G and badges from walfare leveling to get him around a 48oo GS with 30k HP unbuffed at 550def. So 3 friends and I decide... ALT NIGHT! We start burning down instance and then we get FOS. So we decide to do all 3 and the healer stays. We push thru the first two no problem... It is surpisingly easier to aggro the mobs in the tunnel on the war than on my dk... Hmm... So anywho. We move into HOR. We wipe on the forth wave. We come back, wipe. The healer says..."Your to squishy! You need to atleast have 2 peice T10 to tank this. Have the druid suit up or I'm not healing"

------Right click------Vote to Kick------

Pulled a buddy shammy in who says. Stack in the corner with me. I will riptide, they will all come thru and you can do your thunder thingy and your shock thingy. No problems at all. No wipes, no aggro loss, done and done. Get the achieve and I'm out.

Then I realize that the priest was on our server and had apparently added me to their friends list when I hit trade and said priest is spamming..."They kicked me just to let their friend have the achieve..." Long story short pugs are stupid...
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

Have you ever seen American Psycho with Christian Bale? Well there is this scene in it where he stares obsessively at his body in the mirror. The ret pally in my hpos this morning was probably doing the same thing with the dps meter. He was doing decent dps compared to the rest of us, but he had no sense of what the tank could handle and the needs of the group.

During the Ick/Krick fight, the healer zoned out and got hit by a pursuit which killed him. Then the tank died. I tried to toss some heals, but the ret pally didn't even try. In fact, he bubbled himself while he continued to fight the boss. The ret and I got him down. Then the pally just stands at the bottom of the ramp, leaving me to rez the rest of the group. So I confronted him and asked if his rez button was broken, and he just went on about how fail the group was and how he was carrying us. after a little bit of shouting, we kicked him out and went through 2 more ret pallies, lol, until we downed the boss.

UNGH... dps meters are a tool for improvement, not boasting.

My current favorite horror story is this: I queued up for my heroic daily and got HUK. The "tank" was a fury warrior, his guildmate the healer (holy paladin). The other two dps were guildmates with each other as well (though not with the fury warrior and holy pally).

It's tedious and painful because the "tank" can't hold aggro...what with him being in zerker stance and having...ok but not amazing gear.

Eventually the 15 minutes of "you can't kick anyone" passes by...at about the last pack of mobs before Ingvar...the last outside hallway there.

We stand still for a while and then a vote kick comes. For the shadowpriest who was doing awful dps, but had a guildmate with him. I voted no and the vote didn't pass. Then another vote kick, this time for the other dps (I forget what he was...he was also pretty bad), also vote no and the vote also doesn't pass. We pull the last pack and as I'm heading up to Ingvar I notice that they're all waiting back.

The vote kick was for me this time...and I get kicked. Having said nothing the entire run and having done most of the dps.

Cool. Good system.

The vote kick was for me this time...and I get kicked. Having said nothing the entire run and having done most of the dps.
    OMG I can't stand it when people do that. Kicking is such a double edged sword. In some cases, like you mentioned, it's a terrible policy. In others, like when our DK ported back to acherus and refused to leave group, and we couldn't kick them out, I would have killed for better kicking ability. Kicking should not be a spite/childish response action.

Blizz needs to figure out some way to balance that system.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdorrior View Post
    DK ported back to acherus and refused to leave group, and we couldn't kick them out, I would have killed for better kicking ability. Kicking should not be a spite/childish response action.

Had a healer refuse to rez and come back into an instance and couldn't kick him - it really is annoying and childish.

TBH, I think the ability to come and go once in a dungeon is absolutely silly. I understand having to do it once for repairs and stuff, but if a player uses any mechanic other than the LFG teleporting, they should be removed from the group immediately.

Maybe it's harsh, but it's also respectful to the people that come into the dungeon ready to work.

once a upon a time... i ran with a guildie a dungeon for my daily frost. he was a jerk at the healer that wasn't ready since he came and ran like a bull trough the trash... until he finally died.... he curses at the healer. and wanted to get res since he refuse to run back. the healer obviously refuses to res him told him to run back. lucky for him. the tank another dps res him. the healer quits. we get another healer. we move on.. i MD on my hunter some pats to him. to expedite the run since he was in a hurry. he goes at a dps (not me) as y he pull the trash when he wasnt the tank. i told him that it was me and to chill. (in guildchat) he kepts going. so i told him one more time to stop. it give bad rep to the guild and that the we aren't a guild of jerks. he keeps going. .. so i guild kick his ass .. and told him ..later looser. so he drops the grp. we get a replacement tank and finish the run.
    moral of the story.
    be nice to others as u don't know who or what can they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    "gogogogogogo". This drives me nuts.
    True that brother
    I hate that, I sit and wait for mana on healer and mana using dps while rogues/cats are full and warroirs and DKs are bitching on wasted rage/runic
    quit bitching I'm a warroir too I have rage too
    I want to be a gnome shaman with mechanical chickens on sticks for totems

dude i feel for ya. i ran HUP for my daily on my priest. i check the rest of the group it was all guildies.. we where fine until we get to 3rd boss.. before the run... they vote kick me.. dont know y... only know that it sux. so i had to spend another 3min to queue and 15min to finish a run. now i try to run it w/ guildies..... i ws so upset that night... I have a 5.6gs holy/disc priest. so i know it wasnt my heals but it was maybe the group.
    yeah sucky system indeed.

I get anoying sometimes when the tank waits for me when i have 15% man just entering a grp to run a dungeon. i mean i know its his job. but i tellhim... dont owrry i dont worry about mana on heroic dungeons. which is tru... they tend to get so bored... unless the tank is undergear.

i just love it when i tank a daily frost dungeon. and we finish w/ tank being number 1 dpser. healer 2nd...... happen a couple times so far

+ Reply to Thread