+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: dungeons finder/pug horror storys

As above - Pugs piss me of, and running horroics is a chore akin to scrubbing out the toilet. Aka, an unpleasant task you do because you have to.

As a rule, I log in, grab my co-GM (Priest), and ask in guild for DPS to run a RanDumb. PuGs who may fill whatever spot get ignored for the most part, and no opinions are taken into consideration from toons who can't out DPS a Protection Warrior.

I guess I'm just lucky. My pugs are typically 3.5k-6k dps across the board with skilled tanks and healers. Most take about 15 mins max. I love sitting in the LFG finder because the emblems are so easy to get. I feel for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrthus View Post
    With seal of command as a prot paladin I consistsntly pull 50% of my pugs dos while politley trying to steer them toward the guides on both this site and ej, I have been bashed on for having a small penis and no life so many times that pugs have turned into one long bashfest on the dps. But I always at least ask of they want to be given the tools to improve before I start in on how they should just delete their characters before they delete themselves out of shame.
    And how much longer has your queue gotten now that you're on everybody's ignore list? Sometimes, unless there's something glaringly wrong with someone in a class/spec you play yourself (ie me asking an ele shaman why they're using lightning shield, and adivising them to get rid of their hunter/enh gear even if its a big up from their blue questing gear because all they're getting use out of is the int) you should just shut up and let people be bad. Sometimes if they're REALLY bad (like a DK in p[retty decent gear who can only do 700 DPS) its because they either don't care at all or are a baddie--then you can add them to your ignore list so you don't have to carry them. If you saw me DPSing in a random heroic, you might get all uppity because my DPS doesn't quite match my gear--at which point I would tell you to bite me, because I hit things with axes when I'm tired of healing or grumpy. Nobody cares about 'improving' for random heroics as half the time they're phoning it in.

Indeed, I have never, ever seen anyone sitting at 50% of the groups dps. Not to mention I look at damage done before dps. In a random a few days ago, I was asked why the undergeared hunter was pulling more dps than I was (I was at 3.5, the hunter just above) I politely posted the damage done meter showing that I was doing more than twice the amount of raw damage. If a boss has 115k hp, and you're only doing a minute amount of damage, your dps counts for very little. There are nice ways to improve group damage, and there there are other less pleasant avenues. If I ever encountered anyone with an attitude like yours, Karrthus, then I would have to simply ignore you. It's nothing personal. Attitudes like that just don't bring anything positive to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollin View Post
    Me: "Um...where's your Righteous Fury buff?"
    Tank: ... /facepalm

Okay...so not really a horror story but still funny.
    I've been the butt of that one thought. I run GSlite so I check when doing my daily and my mediocer 5700GS outshined everyone by nearly 1k so I felt pretty confident as I made my first pull in Nexus... We get thru everything and die making our way to the big white guy... Can't remember his name...

We run back, I pull and jesus I thought these dps had been asleep earlier. I could barely hold aggro. The same went for the rest of the instance and I'm like... "wow... maybe I should work on something?" Then I take a look at my health...

"DON'T SWITCH TO UNHOLY WHILE YOUR RUNNING BACK... you WILL forget to toss Frost back on..."

Yeah... They should all get shirts that read... "I'm with Stupid..."
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

On a side note. Ever go into a pug with 3 other guildies and play kill the pug? Now THATS some hardcore fun...
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

My biggest horror running heroics as a new 80 tank is the ... omg you only have 32k health unbuffed ... you can't do this content. I will quickly reply something like ... omg, are you saying that you are such a bad healer that you can't heal someone who grossly overgears heroic content?? The first 80's where sitting around 20k health when this content was new. You know ... maybe i don't want you healing me if your that bad ... go on ahead and drop group so we can get a healer with skill.

I know its very negative but i tire of the "omg you suck ass" coments even though a) i rarely loss aggro and b) i over gear heroic content by miles.

QQ done =D

People want to be carried by 50k tanks that can solo the heroic. I don't find that fun at all. Allowing addons to show you other players numbers, dps, GS, etc has done more harm than good imo.

I've done some pugs where I do around 90% of the damage and out-dps all of the dps put together. Bad? Not really, it's like 2-manning heroics with the healer. Bad is a PvP DK who thinks he can tank/pull faster than the actual tank. Some healers are too forgiving....
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I find it funny (sadly funny) when people (including my RL friend and Guild) choose to dump on people in a heroic becuase they do not have 40k health as a tank or 5k gs as a healer. I do not know about the numbers but a lot of people are gringing for alts, are new to the game and not classic raiders. I see no value in ridiculing someone in a heroic based on gear before the first pull. That being said, a mage gemmed for expertise might need a talking too.

Just tanked OK and did 40% of the group damage as a def warrior.

that was one of the most fun runs I had in a long time. We cleared the place and we did the Jegoda achievement.
    Two people got the "I completed OK" achievement. The healer did 1k DPS. So good fun for everyone.

My point being, watching DPS of your DPSers won't tell you if you have a good or bad group.
    Funnily, a DK in the group spoils my fun most of the time. DG and AotD has got to go.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Quote Originally Posted by Banterloft View Post
    "DON'T SWITCH TO UNHOLY WHILE YOUR RUNNING BACK... you WILL forget to toss Frost back on..."
    The first and only time this happened to me I got power auras and now everytime I'm not in frost presence/don't have righteous fury a huuuuuuge red sign clutters up my screen

Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    Just tanked OK and did 40% of the group damage as a def warrior.

that was one of the most fun runs I had in a long time. We cleared the place and we did the Jegoda achievement.
    Two people got the "I completed OK" achievement. The healer did 1k DPS. So good fun for everyone.

My point being, watching DPS of your DPSers won't tell you if you have a good or bad group.
    Funnily, a DK in the group spoils my fun most of the time. DG and AotD has got to go.
    Army of the Dead is the WORST ability ever. Especially on any kind of dragon. Breathe on the DPS! Tail-whip the healer! Now spin around and do it opposite!

The only time its a good idea is if the tank is dead or the army phase of Black Knight in H-ToC. Army vs. Army is pretty cool. Other than that, NO NO NO

Heres one.

Nexus normal, hunter told to another hunter, suggested he used Aspect of Viper, because youll be full mana always, and never lose aggro from pet.

So this another hunter trusted this advice and started to use it. No wonder overall dps was near two kilos, after this left.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivan View Post
    I find it funny (sadly funny) when people (including my RL friend and Guild) choose to dump on people in a heroic becuase they do not have 40k health as a tank or 5k gs as a healer.
    That's not funny. Just sounds to me like they are d!cks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivan View Post
    I find it funny (sadly funny) when people (including my RL friend and Guild) choose to dump on people in a heroic becuase they do not have 40k health as a tank or 5k gs as a healer. I do not know about the numbers but a lot of people are gringing for alts, are new to the game and not classic raiders. I see no value in ridiculing someone in a heroic based on gear before the first pull. That being said, a mage gemmed for expertise might need a talking too.
    My general rule is that until I'm staring at the "release" button I don't care about low GS. The worst is people who are obviously far overgeared for a dungeon ditching because they don't want to run with a "bad healer" who is relatively freshly 80 but wearing all the affordable crafted stuff and epics they could find, gemmed appropriately and the better pieces enchanted. If you have a 5600 gearscore and are worried about getting through UP, you're just a bad tank, it's not a bad healer.

I got a winner.. Just got back into the warrior tank.. Doing TOC.. easy mode right??.. i notice on the first boss tho that the paladin (who qued as dps) is in his tank spec and trying to.. honeslty i haev no idea what he was trying to do.. he couldn't out tps me, he couldn't out dps me and im sure i did more healing since i to to last stand enrage regen..

This is just one person.. the healer wasen't healing me.. he wasen't afk i know that i seen him moving.. The one dps was doing awsome and is really the only reason we got past the first boss.. So after this i took a look at the healing and dmg meter and asked exactly what the two where doing.. guess the resonse.. I guess that was the ret paladins dps gear and the healer was in awsome mode??

Try to kick.. didn't work so.. lets have some fun i thought.. i grab all the mobs before the 2 second boss and start kiting.. kiting in a HUGE circle.. intervene targets so they wouldnt get the drops.. it was rather fun LOL.. i figure this much.. if you people don't care i certinally don't.. this went on for longer then you think hahah.. it reminded me kinda of razor's room :P.. Anyhow they all ended up leaving after 5 or so mins of running in circles..

So what exactly goes through people's heads when they do this?? I have hopes cat will bring some sort of challenging 5 man content so it will be easier to weed out the tards.

Quote Originally Posted by Errvalunia View Post
    Army of the Dead is the WORST ability ever.
    Agreed.

They really need to make it not able to taunt on ANY boss; It really doesn't help the group for the crap-geared DK to gain a couple of hundred dps when the tank loses 1-2k because they have no rage!

I got kicked from group in H:UK cuz I had only 4.5k GS. I wonder how long were they waiting for appropriate tank to do this lol ^^. I bet their next one was DK with Int gear [that's actually a horror].

I've been running a lot of heroics since the LFD tool came out. A lot of things happen.
    There's instances where I do 50% of the overall damage done, tanking on my druid. Sometimes they dps so hard I can't keep aggro for 2 seconds.
    I've been in groups with complete morons that refuse to move to a boss you can skip, even though the majority of the group wanted to kill that boss. But I've also been in LFD's with people that know exactly what to do, interrupt, grip, shackle, tricks, etc so that that stupid heroic doesn't even take you 10 minutes to finish.
    It's random and how you act in that group is entirely up to you. Sure I've refused to start tanking because somebody pissed me off. And sometimes they get kicked and sometimes I get kicked.

If you are doing your heroic just for your frost emblems, remember that you want to kill the final boss. If it means sidetracking for an extra boss because 3 ppl want it, just do it. If it means carrying the 2 other dps'ers, do it. If that means waiting for a rec of a healer, do it. I don't think I've been in a group where leaving, waiting for 30 minutes and trying to finish a new heroic would have been faster than simply trying to finish what you started. Doesn't matter that someone is in your party that doesn't know how to play. Do what YOU have to do and only improve what is stopping the group from advancing.

If you want to improve someone right then and there, remember that they may not like your comments.

With all this being said, heroics CAN make for some pretty nice stories from time to time. When I tank a dungeon and my friend pally healer comes along, we have tons of fun. He tries to steal aggro with all the spells he has, and I can assure you, he has many He's just bored, not insane.. Well he is named sanityislost but that's coincidence.

+ Reply to Thread