+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: dungeons finder/pug horror storys

dungeons finder/pug horror storys

simple thread tell your story of a dungeons (heroic or normal old world, BC or Wotlk) or even raid were there was just a bad Experience, pull or person that just made it the run from hell

example: Heroic halls of lighting with my newish wartank and disc priest friend went fine untill a mage left right before Loken, in the room with the two gaints, we sat for a min (by the door to the previous room) while we took a break to find a drink IRL, came back a shamen (the new guy) lock and pally were dead and a giant was heading right for my healer I taunted off but no one else was back so I was popping CDs to stay alive healer got back and slowly we got him down, rezzed up while the shamen was swearing at the quote "fukin noobz" we ingnored him rezed him last and sat down to get well fed up again (remember new so we needed all the help we could) mean while shamen thought we were taking to long so he ran up to loken flame shocked him threw his ghost wolfs at the other storm gaint and tried to run back to us he got 3 shotted by loken who then came back to us and we wiped and the shamen started swearing again ran back left the shamen dead (tried to boot) and continued to complete the heroic will no problem, 2 morels of the story tank is the only one that pulls and slow the crap down also note he was in lesser gear then me of which I had hit 80 3 days before

share your stories , laugh, cry etc
    KthxBye

PS sorry if someone started a similar thread but I didn't find one if there is
    I want to be a gnome shaman with mechanical chickens on sticks for totems

So, I've had my prot warr since BC, have played him and my hunter extensively, and decided to level up a pally bank toon i was holding onto so I could see for myself the other side of the fence as a healer. Hit 80 3 days ago, have some decent gear(crafted, badge), with the healer que being 3-4 mins for me. So anyway I get ported into a H PoS in progress. 4 of us, minus the tank are waiting at the bottom of the ramp leading up to the cave. I say my hellos, buff people up, and we wait for the tank. While I'm still in twiddling thumbs mode, with no warning, he goes riding past us mounted into the pack on the ramp, at less than 30% health. I did my best, but the fight was brief, and we wiped, he was taking so much dmg I couldn't even sneak in a holy shock on a dps. I asked him wth he did that for and he said something in spanish which I didn't understand(love my battlegroup, thx blizz). But, a few seconds later he did manage to say "you are bad healer". Two of the dps had already left, apparently tired of his antics, I followed.

On a side note, I didnt realize how many bad tanks there are in the world until I rolled heals.

dungeons finder/pug horror storys

Well there has been too many to mention but the latest has to be on my new shaman. Went in on a random at lvl 74 in to old kingdom (I hate that place anyway so not a good start).

So I am in and find out that there is an 80 dk and am dos so I thought cool easy daily for me. How wrong could I be. The guys got 4800 gs. So we start. And on the first boss I pull 70 more dps than him. And we wipe (what I would do for an agro dump right now). So I thought fluke and go back for another try. Well maybe not fluke. It happened again. So I ask him what the hell is going on. And he says he can't do anything more. And we repeated this through every boss till I got pissed off and ended up siting there waiting for his agro to build a good chunk before I even touch the boss.

Please help me here. Am I missing something or do some players realy suck that much?

Oh and by the way I am in full greens with a couple of blues from quests. Maybe it is true that green is the new epic lol

A friend of mine dumped recount to guild after a random run where he had done 78% of the total damage dealt.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    A friend of mine dumped recount to guild after a random run where he had done 78% of the total damage dealt.
    As tank or DPS?

Best I ever had was 63% as Prot Warrior in CoS, with a prot paladin running around hitting all the ghouls for the meters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

We already have this thread. Its called "Has tanking made you mean"
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

With seal of command as a prot paladin I consistsntly pull 50% of my pugs dos while politley trying to steer them toward the guides on both this site and ej, I have been bashed on for having a small penis and no life so many times that pugs have turned into one long bashfest on the dps. But I always at least ask of they want to be given the tools to improve before I start in on how they should just delete their characters before they delete themselves out of shame.

I've had runs like that. Actually after the change to Revenge it got much worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

pugs just piss me off in general...as a tank or dps.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I just ignore everyone and pull as fast as the healer can handle. I can care less who is dpsing what. To be honest one of the worst runs I've had are with people from my own guild, so I pug it most of the time. LOLOlololoOL

Just a hit - Always roll need on any world drops. 2 times I've seen the last roller hit need. LOLosers...

Its a heroic, over in less than 30 minutes, honestly whats the big deal. They are so irrelevant now it hardly matters.

Get in, get out, get on with your life. Its not worth the energy to get upset over something so short.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Ok last night i got new gears and was sitting at 35k HP i thought Surely now i can tank H:HoR....No i dont want to blame anyone in that group per say but, i did not lose aggro, i did not target out of order (preist>rogue dude>mage>warrior>hunter) i was using the alcove to LoS all mobs to me and i was effectivly using CD's to cut that large wave of damage on waves 4 and 5 due to the large number of mobs i have on me, and yet i still die 4 different healers 10 dps die die die die. I hated it man i repaired 3 times wasted all the gold i had saved farming earlier that night i just cuoldnt do it. And best yet i kept hearing Warriors Cant tank this place tiny next time i can sorry bro but i am going to VTK. I hate pugs sometimes i can faceroll through VoA 10 (i did so immediatly after) and i am more than ready for 25man ToC but that run killed me a little inside

Amen Boda... Amen
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytankz View Post
    Ok last night i got new gears and was sitting at 35k HP i thought Surely now i can tank H:HoR....No i dont want to blame anyone in that group per say but, i did not lose aggro, i did not target out of order (preist>rogue dude>mage>warrior>hunter) i was using the alcove to LoS all mobs to me and i was effectivly using CD's to cut that large wave of damage on waves 4 and 5 due to the large number of mobs i have on me, and yet i still die 4 different healers 10 dps die die die die. I hated it man i repaired 3 times wasted all the gold i had saved farming earlier that night i just cuoldnt do it. And best yet i kept hearing Warriors Cant tank this place tiny next time i can sorry bro but i am going to VTK. I hate pugs sometimes i can faceroll through VoA 10 (i did so immediatly after) and i am more than ready for 25man ToC but that run killed me a little inside
    I sit at 45.5k unbuffed on my DK and 41k unbuffed on my Pally and I WILL NOT PuG that place - never, ever, ever, ever. It's not worth the repair bill and dealing with idiot dps.

I love tanking that one on my warrior, I think its easier than on my DK hehe. But if you do not have the dps to kill the mobs fast enough you are in for a hurting. ><

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    that's why I dps H HoR and not tank, cause I'm breaking 7.5k-8k DPS in heroics now >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

60%+ total damage done (as the tank) was pretty common with a UA build before they nerfed Revenge. Runs with the tank being best geared out of the group by a long way are probably the ones least likely to become a horror story; you're pretty much free to set the pace, have no threat issues... and if some DPS do manage to do something stupid and get themselves killed it doesn't really matter. In fact, you could probably 2-man most of the easier Heroics with just a healer!

Most of my recent PuG horror stories have happened while playing my Resto Shaman, and pretty much all of them seem to involve DK tanks. Had one in Heroic PoS who had somehow managed to get in with a mix of DPS and PvP gear and had about 26k health! Managed to keep him alive somehow through the first 2 bosses (the most exhausting healing session I've had to endure so far), but the packs on the ramp were much more than he could handle... each time he charged the first pack, he'd die while I was still on GCD after my first Riptide! Needless to say we kicked him at this point and got ourselves a proper tank so I could kick back and take it easy through the rest of the instance.

Been running H FoS with a guildie/friend daily who's a nicely geared rogue, he's looking for the Needle Encrusted Scorpion and we got into a PuG on Sunday with a Ret Pally who choose heals to jump the que. He was horrible and healed like a Ret, I was on my hunter and between my rouge guildie and I things died fast, but the tank took a real beating and my poor pet didnt' get a heal from the Ret the entire run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytankz View Post
    I find I have issues in H:HoR as a warrior unless I tank in the hallway rather than the alcove. ...and I can get people to use CC on the ranged mobs (makes the instance sooooooo much easier).

Seriously, when you treat H:HoR like a TBC heroic it's a seriously trivial instance.

As for a horror story from me well...

New pally tank who, as I come to find out, has a DK tank main in Oculous. I'm on my warlock and the group is doing fine...sorta. Tank can't hold aggro but the DPS overgear the place enough mobs are dying before we are and the tree druid is actually having to wake up do some healing instead of occasionally lifebloom the tank.

Until we get to Urom...

Me: "Um...where's your Righteous Fury buff?"
    Tank: ... /facepalm

Okay...so not really a horror story but still funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    Its a heroic, over in less than 30 minutes, honestly whats the big deal. They are so irrelevant now it hardly matters.

Get in, get out, get on with your life. Its not worth the energy to get upset over something so short.
    This. If it's bad enough that you aren't going to finish, leave and do something else for 15 min.
    "What we need is a special blend of Psychology and extreme violence"

+ Reply to Thread