+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thinking of a Server Change...

Thinking of a Server Change...

Mainly due in part that on my realm, Azuremyst, Horde just can't seem to get WG. Now, I don't think it's the Horde players fault. I think it's just Alliance being too strong for them to overcome. I can't be too certain, but whatever the case, I need to start getting into VoA more, and I can't do that here. So I think it's time for my DK to pack up shop and consider moving to a "PARALLEL DIMENSION"! Or so the little image on the official WoW Server Change site calls it.

I'm mainly looking for a server that meets the following criteria:

1. NORMAL only. No PvP, RP, or RPPvP.
    2. Either Horde controls WG most of the time, or at the very least, WG seems to change hands often enough that I could at least get in VoA once a day
    3. (Optional) People aren't quite too picky when it comes to ICC. Like refusing someone who has "only" 4.9K GS, like my DK.

So far, it seems the best choices I've heard about from other forums is either Shandris or Area 52 (a little more favor to Area 52). I'm wondering if anyone else here has any recommendations, otherwise I'll probably just go with Area 52.
    "We are all legends. Our only choice is how to end the tale..."
    US | Area 52 | Horde | Saerna

Ysera is pretty decent for Horde. We have WG more often than not. If you're DPS on your DK you should be fine getting into ICC and there are always pugs being formed. That said, getting 5k GS is easy if you farm heroics for badges and loot drops.
    "What we need is a special blend of Psychology and extreme violence"

I'm a tanking DK myself. And I have been farming Emblems, but only Frost ones. I got everything I can with Triumph emblems, just need the 50 Frost Emblem Tank Cloak, which should easily put me to 5K GS, but I still need another week of Daily Random Heroics to get it, unless I do some early ICC runs to get more Frost Emblems that way.

Ah, yeah as the tank some folks might get whiny about your GS, so you might have to OT the first couple until you get some more gear. Still it's not that tough. Also, once you're on a server where horde has WG more often, VoA runs help out a lot too.

Thrall meets your #1 and #2 (Normal server, Horde holds WG about 90% of the time). For #3 it really varies. Some runs demand 5.5k or higher. Other groups are fine with 4.8k or so.

Oddly enough, the later in the week it is the higher the numbers people tend to demand, despite the fact that by the end of the week there are relatively few highly geared people around who are still unsaved.

One thing I also have to know. How long will it generally take for a server move? The FAQ says to allow up to 5 days, but that's an awful long time to wait. Is it possible it could take less time to do it? I remember when I requested a Faction change, it only took like 5 minutes.

nowadays the transfer happens within a few hours if not <1 hour.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

OK, that sounds good. I'm thinking of going to Area 52. If warcraftrealms.com is accurate, it had more than twice as many Horde players compared to Alliance players, which should hopefully mean that WG is under Horde control a lot.

Well, the server change went through quicker than I anticipated. I have moved onto Area 52 and had to have my name changed. And man, is it packed with Horde players...

I LOVE IT.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread