+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DWing Last Word

DWing Last Word

Been trying to look up some reliable opinions on this subject, but come across mainly a lot of conflicting thoughts. The basic idea I have had for some time, is it viable to go DW as a frost tank, with two Last Words? Has anyone actually tried and tested how it'd work?

I have compared it to Frost Giant's Cleaver and assuming near 100% up time, the Sta and Str benefits are higher than on the cleaver. However, Last Word is still a fast weapon, so not ideal for DK tanks. Also, ranking the Str proc against cleaver's ArP, Crit, and AP is really hard.

Any thoughts on this?

I'd be more interested to know if the procs stack or not. 600 spell power sounds a lot more interesting than 300.

They say you get 100% uptime from just one Last Word, so two of those seem to be redundant. I would suggest getting something slow for the main hand and check that the proc uptime in offhand is indeed 100%. If not, you might want to keep it in main hand. But on the whole, it isn't really worth DWing two Last Words just for the 100% uptime. I'm pretty sure the proc does not stack, so you'll loose quite a lot of stat points.
    Tam armis quam ingenio

Thanks for the replies. My apologies for the late response myself, been fairly busy the last few days. But yeah, two maces stacking would seem a bit ridiculous and if the proc 100%, makes sense to have something else along with it. I'll probably try with the Frost Giant's Cleaver, if the darn thing would just drop. Thanks again for the clarification.

+ Reply to Thread